Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Deca for knee rehab?

Hey everyone. I've been trolling around for a couple of months, gaining some knowledge, meeting a few people, etc. I was planning on putting off my first cycle for around 6 months, to plan my diet, cycle, and to try some other things in the gym to see if I can break my plateaus.

However, last monday I twisted my knee at work.
    My orthopedist says that I tore my miniscus as well as my LCL. The LCL tear is minor and does not need to be operated on, but the miniscus must be fixed. It's cartillege, so it's not under much stress under exercise unless there's twisting or compression. At any rate, I'll probably be out of the gym for a few weeks, and I'm a fast loser. I've worked really hard over the past few months to make gains, and reached my peak high of 157 at 7% bf. Unfortunately, it appears that it's all going to go to waste.

Thus, I've used what I've learned here over the past couple of months to form a solution. I figured since deca lubricates the joints to alleviate pain and prevent further damage, it would be the ideal gear to base my plan on.

I'm mainly looking to speed my recovery, and consequentially, I figure i'll go with a relatively low dose. It seems reasonable that around 150-200 mg/week for 8 weeks will help speed my recovery. I'm also considering supplimenting the cycle with winny, 50mg twice a week, before therapy. I figure by injecting it into the quad it'll help build the tissue in that area faster.

I guess I'm just looking for feedback, any wisdom anyone can offer would be welcome. Especially, insight from anyone that's been in this situation would be terrific.

thanks and cheers-
    chris

Edit: worried that winny may take away the lubricating effect of deca.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 08-27-2003 at 05:38 PM.

I guess nobody's got anything to say. This is somewhat disappointing. Anyway, my surgery's tomorrow. If you don't have anything to say on the rehab issue, i'd appreciate a good luck.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Be careful about the knee bro, deca will help ease the joint pain but it can also cause you to not realize you're injured. It's a tricky situation, i wouldn't use deca to rehab myself if i were you only others will disagree. Good luck with the operation.

Last time i'm going to bump this, but i'd really like some input before i let this threat die. Thanks a lot bdtr, i'd be avoiding heavy sets and wouldn't even be doing squats/leg presses because i can't move the leg past 90 degree flexion for 2 weeks after the surgery, so it's going to be mostly just lunges and leg extensions.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Don't worry about using gear to rehab. Rehab on your own. You can still train your upper body while you're letting your knee heal.

Anyway you're just gonna have a scope done and your recovery will be fast I'd say anywhere between 2-6 weeks tops.

Trust me Deca will not help you speed your recovery. I've had 5 knee surgries 2 reconstructive ans 3 scopes.

Good luck,

xxxl83

Thanks buddy. How the hell did you hurt your knee so many times?

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Sports. Wrestling, football never from lifting though.

I've had surgeries on both knees (3 right, 2 left).

I can't really run or jump these days but, I still compete in powerlifting meets and believe it or not my squat is my best lift.

xxxl83

Thread Information