symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Exclamation I think I should say this again<====

I wrote this in my other thread but thought that it was important enough -at least to me- to give it its own thread.

I went to the doctor today on the advice of some guys here, and he was very concerned with my infected leg. He said he was glad that I came when I did because it would only get worse until I'd have to go to the hospital.

Now, while I was at the doc's office I noticed on the insurance card that it expires 10/6/03. That is TODAY. If I had waited even one more day then I would be truely fucked. The infection would have worsened, I would have received no antibiotics, and basically would be in a world of shit.

So I want to thank those who helped out. And yes I wasnt to keen on going to the doctor, nobody is when it comes to this shit. But the reality of the situation is that the trip was essential. So to all the people who think they may need to go but are worried that they'll get in trouble. I say this: If you are mature enough to use this shit, then you had better be mature enough to ask for help and risk punishment if the time comes. We all know the risks, and I presumed nothing would happen to me. But that just goes to show whats possible and probable are two different things. Dont risk anything in this game, and listen to the bros here. they know their shit

special thanks to:
    wrstlr69sdnl
    talon
    chrisAdams
    navydevildoc
    Doc M

peace

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    hope you recover quickly

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    good advice, hope all goes well bro

mass junkie is offline banned
    Did they find out that you were juicing? and if so what did they say about it................Good thing you went when you did

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    GOOD FUCKING ADVICE!

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Did they find out that you were juicing? and if so what did they say about it................Good thing you went when you did
    I told him straight up. Like navydevildoc said, dont lie to your doctor. If you really want to get better he's gotta know whats really going on.

EDIT: oh yeah, he suggested that I stop the cycle because this type of shit happens. I got a lecture. Then I got antibiotics. Worth it in the long run.
    Last edited by symatech; 10-06-2003 at 05:44 PM.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Glad to hear you'll be right as rain soon. I'm with you 100% on telling your doctor everything when it coms to your health. Kudos bro.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Thanks for the info. What type of antibiotics did he put you on? How much per day and for how long?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Thanks for the info. What type of antibiotics did he put you on? How much per day and for how long?

Thanks again!
    Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium Tablets.
    875mg/125mg / tab

2 tabs a day for 10 days

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    What was the infection from? A bad injection?

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    great advice from the guys, and good timing on your part!

so you going to continue with the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    What was the infection from? A bad injection?
    no way, my injections are textbook. everytime. Doc M and I are currently discussing this matter in full and are now debating the true nature of this 'infection'. I will update as soon as we come to a conclusion.

The doc I saw -at least I belive so- didnt really give a shit about me when I told him I was on test. He just wrote a script and sent me to pay. I was just happy to get some antibiotics. We shall see how this plays out. The cycle is still on. I am now repping at my old max with ease. 3 weeks in...

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad you went to get this thing taken care of properly bro.

There are always a boat load of level headed members here that will tell you what you NEED to hear. (Although it may not always be what you WANT to hear)

D

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    The doc I saw -at least I belive so- didnt really give a shit about me when I told him I was on test. He just wrote a script and sent me to pay. I was just happy to get some antibiotics.
    Sorry, another question. Did you see your general practicioner or did you go to a local clinic? I know I would hear a rash of crap from my GP.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    hey sytm. I hope this these problems havent rendered any of your gains.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good to follow up this post Symatech..

Everyone who reads this needs to understand that the chances of an infection are always present, even if all of the standard precautions are followed closely..What is even more important is to pay close attention to your body and to seek treatment if something such as this issue takes place..If Symatech had dismissed this problem as a minor issue, he could have helped this problem turn into a very serious infection..Be smart and listen to your body..It is your very best source of information..

And last but not least..If you are prescribed antibiotics by your Physican..

BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE REGIMINE EXACTLY AND FINISH THE ENTIRE PRESCRIPTION UNTIL IT IS GONE..AND ON TIME...

This is a serious game we play and in order to maximize our gains while maintaining a healthy body, we have to be smart and cautious..

Doc M

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    thanks for the heads up.
    also thanks for the really good advise Doc

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Sorry, another question. Did you see your general practicioner or did you go to a local clinic? I know I would hear a rash of crap from my GP.
    I havent been to the doctors in years. I have also switched insurance a few times. So I had no doctor. I just got a list from the insurance company and called each one till I got an appointment that day. Never seen the man before in my life.

Good post doc! Your help is always appreciated.

peace

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Great news bro hope all is well.....You are a very very smart bro dude.

talon is offline Senior Member
    Thanks symatech. Im glad you decided to get your leg checked out and everything worked out for you (presc., insurance, etc). Infections are a nasty prob. to have.

Thread Information