Thread: P.O. Box

Maggs145 is offline Junior Member

P.O. Box

Looking to get a P.O. box but have a few questions I hope someone can help me out with. First I have a question about shipments in general. I had a package seized on first order and was wondering if the city I live in affected it. The resend on the order was succesfully delivered to a nearby much nicer town. Does the city or town package is destined to go affect how meticulously customs will examine the package. For instance does a red flag go up for customs if the city the packaged is destined to go to has a high crime rate and also has narcotic problems. If i do get a PO box does anyone know anywhere that does not require ID and any other additional info? Thanks for the info.

Maggs

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Really don't know about city by city, it could be that particular cities have stricter guidelines but I'm unsure.

As far as getting a box without ID you can't. The Post Office has put into regulation that it's now required you produce 2 forms of ID in order to open a box.

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G Child
    Really don't know about city by city, it could be that particular cities have stricter guidelines but I'm unsure.

As far as getting a box without ID you can't. The Post Office has put into regulation that it's now required you produce 2 forms of ID in order to open a box.
    Is that just for the post office? what about mailboxes etc. ? Just curious

-RC

Yes, it includes MBE also. The set the regulations and MBE as well as everyone else are required to follow them in order to do business.

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    G Child is 100% correct as usual. I just happened to have called what was MBE yesterday, only to find out that at least in the New Orleans area all MBEs are now UPS. They also told me that I needed two forms of ID with atleast one of thembeing a photo. The addresses must also match or else you must bring an electricty bill or something to prove address.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    There are some areas in the US that UK sources don't even consider sending to. I think some parts of the West Coast are red-zone and the customs in Chicago is a pretty hard area also. I used to remember the zip codes that one of my last sources rejected because of high custom inspection rates but can't remember off of the top of my head.

By the way, it's not really city by city... because as I hear all customs packages go through regional airports like miami takes in all of the south-eastern US custom packages. That's what I have heard before anyways.

Can't help too much with P.O. boxes but it looks like the other bros have you covered already.

Just get a domestic then

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G Child
    Just get a domestic then
    Either take the extra risk to buy direct and save money, or go through a US remailer that is getting a little profit off of your order but has taken the risk for you. If you find someone who works magic with packaging then there shouldn't be a problem no matter where you live... but that's not the easiest to find. I agree though, in most cases domestic the way to go.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    The best way to open a PO Box without an ID is to know someone who works at a post office. Then they can hook you up no problem.

Thread Information