Thread: Glass In Gear

KRAZY is offline New Member

Glass In Gear

Hey guys, I have a question...I broke open a glass ampule..and the top shattered into many small pieces when I snapped it from the base. I believe a piece may have gotten in my gear..whats the chances that i injected a small particle, AND if I did is it a big deal?
    I appreciate any feedback on this, as I am a little worried about it. I have heard that glass in body can cause damage...I dont know if its true

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Could it happen? Yes. Glass fragments can be very small. Can it cause a problem? Quite possiblely but not most likely.

I would keep an eye on the injection area and watch for swelling or redness. Basic signs of infection. If nothing happens with in a few days I am sure you will be just fine.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAZY
    Hey guys, I have a question...I broke open a glass ampule..and the top shattered into many small pieces when I snapped it from the base. I believe a piece may have gotten in my gear..whats the chances that i injected a small particle, AND if I did is it a big deal?
    I appreciate any feedback on this, as I am a little worried about it. I have heard that glass in body can cause damage...I dont know if its true
    Krazy,

Yes, glass in your body will cause problems. It is a foreign body, so scar tissue probably will develop around it, thus causing problems.

Common sense should tell you that any foreign particles in your body that were not meant to be there will cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredz
    Could it happen? Yes. Glass fragments can be very small. Can it cause a problem? Quite possiblely but not most likely.

I would keep an eye on the injection area and watch for swelling or redness. Basic signs of infection. If nothing happens with in a few days I am sure you will be just fine.
    Shredz,

I'm not flaming you, but this is not good advice: shoot glass in your body and just watch the site?

If there is obviously glass in his AS, he should not use it. He should count it as a loss and be more careful the next time he opens an ampule.

hybrid is offline Member
    You should probably have run your gear through a filter first.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Shredz,

I'm not flaming you, but this is not good advice: shoot glass in your body and just watch the site?

If there is obviously glass in his AS, he should not use it. He should count it as a loss and be more careful the next time he opens an ampule.
    What if you run it through a filter just like making fina then you shouldnt have a problem?!? correct??

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    A few things here.

1. get an amp opener.

2. 1 ml (1 amp) will not make it through a whatman filter.

3. even if you did inject a tiny particle of glass you be fine. My brother was in a car accident and had a nice sized "pebble" of glass (way to big to pass through a needle) embedded in his forearm. Eventually his body pushed it back out without problems.

4. Next time be more careful and like bask8kase said it'd probably be best just to toss the amp and chalk it up as a loss next time.

xxxl83

KRAZY is offline New Member
    Thanks A bunch guys!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Shredz,

Actually I don't believe that my advice is that bad. If he was able to visiblely see with the naked eye a piece of glass then any simple minded person would not have injected it. Did you take a good look before you drew the gear into your syringe?

Glass dust or very minute peices of glass in most cases will not harm you. True the body doesn't like foreign objects and it has a system that is incharge of counter acting these.

Again....if you go a few days without swelling then you should be just fine. If it was a larger peice of glass your body begins to react to it almost immediately. And you will know that you have a problem.

Filtering it is a great idea yes. And an excellent recommendation. I suggest that you do this next time if the same situation arise, or simply toss the amp in the trash.
    Last edited by Shredz; 09-08-2003 at 09:16 AM.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Filtering 1 amp is not going to work. The filter will hold more than 1ml worth of oil.

xxxl83

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think it's bad advice. Shredz outlined that facts.

The risks are apparent that glass could make it into the injection...the likelihood...extremely small chance. There's risks in everything...but you have to say to yourself...what are the odds.

I would use the amp with no fears. Just my .02

Next time...score the neck of the amp before you break it. Nice and clean break.

So if the filter holds 1 amp then why not fill the filter up with the gear unscrew it draw back the plunger and push some air through the filter to force out the amp of gear????!?!???
    seems like that would work

Quote Originally Posted by Shredz
    Actually I don't believe that my advice is that bad. If he was able to visiblely see with the naked eye a piece of glass then any simple minded person would not have injected it. Did you take a good look before you drew the gear into your syringe?

Glass dust or very minute peices of glass in most cases will not harm you. True the body doesn't like foreign objects and it has a system that is incharge of counter acting these.

Again....if you go a few days without swelling then you should be just fine. If it was a larger peice of glass your body begins to react to it almost immediately. And you will know that you have a problem.

Filtering it is a great idea yes. And an excellent recommendation. I suggest that you do this next time if the same situation arise, or simply toss the amp in the trash.
    Shredz,

I'm glad you didn't take my comment in the wrong way (one of the main reasons I like the people on this board--they are intelligent and know how to disagree without getting hot headed).

You and I just disagree on this. The possibility of shards of glass in my AS is one of the reasons why I won't use ampules.

I'm terribly cautious when it comes to my health, so I'd rather not deal with the glass at all.

KRAZY,
    Good luck with your choice. I hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 09-08-2003 at 10:48 AM.

So how about blowing it through a filter?? seems like it would work to me nice gentle steady pressure to push it in to a vial

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    dude its an amp i mean i now some of us are hard up, but to even rist injecting glass for what 15 bucks is ludicris i mean i would understnad if this was a 100 bucks a shot or if the whole cycle depended on one shot but christ we are talking glass over 15 bucks ? every one on this post has brought up a valid point but its 15 bucks who cares

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    FILTERING WILL WORK if you buy a package of filter needles, LOL. Then you will have no more worries.

Thread Information