obsessed is offline New Member
    Biggest Little City in The World. Reno, NV

HHeeeelllpppppp!!!!~!

I need someones help. I'm am having a problem with my forearms. This is the same problem that kept me from doing my show the first time. And now here i come to do my show again, and same problem. The tendons in my forearms are hurting soooo bad. I think its from doing heavy barbell curls. Which I can stop doing. But now its affecting the rest of my workouts where my forearms come into play. Has anyone else had this problem. Does any body have any suggestions. I really need some help on this one. I refuse to let this problem stop me from doing my show again. Ronnie Coleman wouldnt let it stop him!!

Thanx everyone

HMMM TOUGH ONE

DO YOU USE STRAPS ON YOUR WRIST FOR BACK EXCERSIZES??..IF NONT MAYBE YOU SHOULD START..REASON BEING IS MAYBE YOUR PUTTING TOO MUCH STRESS ON YOUR FORARMS BY NOT USING STRAPS FOR BACK/PULLING EXCERSIZES..THUS CAUSING YOUR FORARMS TO HURT...BUT JUST A SUGGESTION. I COULD BE WAY OFF ON THIS ONE!!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i get that pain all the time after doing percher curls. It comes and goes, i try to ignor it.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

stretching

I know this may sound redundant but a good, proper stretch before doing any arm work is of most importance. I always stretch my elbow joints for a good few minutes before I start curls and have a very light weight set to get the blood going and stretch after EVERY set. JMO though.

Bravo makes sense.... I have problems with my forearms too and a good stretch takes alot of pain away. I sometimes take a bath and message them a little bit.

FR

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same problem with my forearms too!

the pain use to shoot right up the arm after I let go of the bar.

I stopped using bars and started training with dumbells for everything, especially training arms and chest. and the pain
    subsided after a few weeks

Most people don't understand that the natural position of your wrists and forearms are where they are hanging at your sides.
    when you grab a bar to do curls, your having to rotate your wrists and forearms out 90 degrees. try and hold your wrists
    facing away from you at your side for 30 sec, without a bar and see how uncomfortable it is . your hands naturally want to be facing in? so using dumbells allows your wrist and forearms to move with less strain than a bar, also the easycurl bar was designed to fit your arms rather than your arms fitting the bar

I train pain free after learning that simple fact!

Hope this helps?

Make sure that when you are doing any kind of barbell arm curl that you keep your wrists straight. Be careful not to curl them in at the top of the movement towards your shoulders. It can cause unnecessary stress on your tendons. This is a common cause of forearm pain!

obsessed is offline New Member
    Biggest Little City in The World. Reno, NV
    Thanks alot everyone. Lots of good info. I will try all suggestions. I'm not gonna let it stop me this time.

Thanks again

T-NUTZ is offline Junior Member
    I only had terrible pain in the forearms when i was juicing. anyone else experience pain when your on the juice?

I started to get those pains again so I watched my form and its just way out of wack! I started to slow the reps down and keep my form.... Problem fixed!!

So my advice is to watch your form

FR

Thread Information