Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    paulastone is offline Member

sky high blood pressure

Holly shitballs guys, i just came back from the Doc and they tested my blood pressure and it was really bad 170/80
    the thing is, is that i think i was to nerveus durring the exam. It was two young female student that did my phisical and the chick kept asking me to get naked and shit. I'm use to my original Doc but this time it was two student doing the exam and kept asking me if I juced and i kept saying no skip the question and they strashed me about juce and all. so it was really a weird experience. she wanted to do an exam on my balls and I told her that i leave that shit to my wife to do, and then they wanted to do a prostate exam,and i said you do that and you wont have any hands left to wrigh in that fancy file of mine, now she jumped back on the gear subject
    so my question is, Am I gona die lol, i know my reading was super hight but i'm also on the sauce so that did'nt help
    thx to anybody that respond

KeyMastur is offline VET
    did you get someone else to recheck it ?? i went in so i could get some bloodwork done and they took my BP as well. was higher than it normally is and the lady said she was having trouble hearing through her stethescope. i was like "geez, can we get someone in here who knows what they're doing ?".

get a second opinion. if it's still high, well, then you've got a slight problem.

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulastone
    Holly shitballs guys, i just came back from the Doc and they tested my blood pressure and it was really bad 170/80
    the thing is, is that i think i was to nerveus durring the exam. It was two young female student that did my phisical and the chick kept asking me to get naked and shit. I'm use to my original Doc but this time it was two student doing the exam and kept asking me if I juced and i kept saying no skip the question and they strashed me about juce and all. so it was really a weird experience. she wanted to do an exam on my balls and I told her that i leave that shit to my wife to do, and then they wanted to do a prostate exam,and i said you do that and you wont have any hands left to wrigh in that fancy file of mine, now she jumped back on the gear subject
    so my question is, Am I gona die lol, i know my reading was super hight but i'm also on the sauce so that did'nt help
    Why not go back , make sure its your normal doctor(yes you do have that right!) and tell h er/him that you are juicing. Better safe than sorry. peace

RC

Quote Originally Posted by RC_0891
    Why not go back , make sure its your normal doctor(yes you do have that right!) and tell h er/him that you are juicing. Better safe than sorry. peace

RC

My Doc know that i'm saucing it up but one more thing too, I got a drug test done acouple of weeks ago and i got a reading of 160/80 and the girl told me it was absolutly normal for my weight and height

Da Bull is offline Banned
    My Doc know that i'm saucing it up but one more thing too, I got a drug test done acouple of weeks ago and i got a reading of 160/80 and the girl told me it was absolutly normal for my weight and height
    I don't know your stats,but it's a little high.If you were 160/90 then I'd be shitting bricks. DB

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Not to change the subject but what kind of wacked doctors office is that? Since you clearly were uncomfortable with the chicks checking you out, they should have gotten someone else to do it and not kept grilling you pointlessly. If I were treated like that I'd be finding a different doctor fast. Or at least I'd complain to the guy that you were uncomfortable being examined by them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Not to change the subject but what kind of wacked doctors office is that? Since you clearly were uncomfortable with the chicks checking you out, they should have gotten someone else to do it and not kept grilling you pointlessly. If I were treated like that I'd be finding a different doctor fast. Or at least I'd complain to the guy that you were uncomfortable being examined by them.
    Right on john,was thinking the same thing myself. DB

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Bro Blood pressure is a serious thing. However a normal person's blood pressure will fluctuate from time to time depending on their activities. Normal blood pressure rates are as follows: Systolic/Diastollic

<120 / <80 optimal
    <130/<85 normal
    130-139 / 85-89 High normal

Hypertention:
    Stage 1: 140-159 / 90-99
    Stage 2: 160-179 / 100-109
    Stage 3: >180 / >110

The trick is to keep it monitored. If you are nervous and things as per you discribed it, your blood pressure could've been up at the time of testing. I have a blood pressure wrist monitor, I check mine daily several times during the day, one in the morning, lunch and night. If you find that your blood pressure stays in the Hypertention stages more, then it is time to see a doc.
    I took magnesium, as was told to me buy a nurse that it helps with regulating blood pressure. Garlic I hear can help as well.
    A word of advice: most blood pressure medicine has some noticible side effects, like dizziness, drowsiness, nausia sometimes and so forth. But if it saves your life, then go for it.
    If you are on AS it can some times increase your blood pressure, it is very important to keep it monitored if you suspect high blood pressure. cutting back on sodium and fat as well as performing regular exercise can also help lowering your BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30
    Bro Blood pressure is a serious thing. However a normal person's blood pressure will fluctuate from time to time depending on their activities. Normal blood pressure rates are as follows: Systolic/Diastollic

<120 / <80 optimal
    <130/<85 normal
    130-139 / 85-89 High normal

Hypertention:
    Stage 1: 140-159 / 90-99
    Stage 2: 160-179 / 100-109
    Stage 3: >180 / >110

The trick is to keep it monitored. If you are nervous and things as per you discribed it, your blood pressure could've been up at the time of testing. I have a blood pressure wrist monitor, I check mine daily several times during the day, one in the morning, lunch and night. If you find that your blood pressure stays in the Hypertention stages more, then it is time to see a doc.
    I took magnesium, as was told to me buy a nurse that it helps with regulating blood pressure. Garlic I hear can help as well.
    A word of advice: most blood pressure medicine has some noticible side effects, like dizziness, drowsiness, nausia sometimes and so forth. But if it saves your life, then go for it.
    If you are on AS it can some times increase your blood pressure, it is very important to keep it monitored if you suspect high blood pressure. cutting back on sodium and fat as well as performing regular exercise can also help lowering your BP.
    Good post.I liked the garlic part sicilian,use Italians swear by it DB

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Good post.I liked the garlic part sicilian,use Italians swear by it DB
    Garlic has been proven to have no effect whatsoever.

Go buy a moniter for $80.00 at your local drugstore/walmart. The best brand is Omron and get the cuff style that wraps above the elbo, bicep region. Tkae it throughout the day and that will tell you where you are. Anyone who juices should own one of these anyway if they are taking their health seriously while juicing.

Although your syst reading is high, your Diastolic is not too bad. The stress of the exam could have been a factor since it was mostly a systolic reaction. I get an increase on systolic as well when the kids or wife are driving me crazy while taking a test, but it goes down right away and it is never more than 10-15 pts. After monitering it, if you keep getting high readings, see your doc and get it treated. They don't call it the silent killer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by toolman

Go buy a moniter for $80.00 at your local drugstore/walmart. The best brand is Omron and get the cuff style that wraps above the elbo, bicep region. Tkae it throughout the day and that will tell you where you are. Anyone who juices should own one of these anyway if they are taking their health seriously while juicing.

Although your syst reading is high, your Diastolic is not too bad. The stress of the exam could have been a factor since it was mostly a systolic reaction. I get an increase on systolic as well when the kids or wife are driving me crazy while taking a test, but it goes down right away and it is never more than 10-15 pts. After monitering it, if you keep getting high readings, see your doc and get it treated. They don't call it the silent killer for nothing.
    I agree with you tool,was just joking about the garlic. DB

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Umm hello? here is a good read that says that Garlic "Can" help slightly as an antihypertensive solution:

http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/bo...nat/AT025.html
    They even had studies made on their claim to fame!
    I was also suggesting to him to take garlic as it has many other properties such as lowering cholesterol antibotic etc.
    Last edited by Sicilian30; 10-02-2003 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30
    Umm hello? here is a good read that says that Garlic "Can" help slightly as an antihypertensive solution:

http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/bo...nat/AT025.html
    They even had studies made on their claim to fame!
    I was also suggesting to him to take garlic as it has many other properties such as lowering cholesterol antibotic etc.
    God help anyone trying to discredit garlic to a Sicilian! I know because my grandmother thought it cured everything, even allergies.

I'll search for the article.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I wish that was my reading, I went to the doc today and mine was 170/120! Ive been off juice for two months now and its still high. But then again mines been high like this for about 3 years.

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    First thing... you aint gona die with that pressure. blood pressure should be aprox 100+age up to 40 so 140 for the top number. The bottom number max is 90. So anything above 142/90 is condidered mild HTN. On my last cycle of test/fina/winy,my bp was 160/100! I was freaking! I did some reading on the natural ways to lower your bp, however, these methods take a good month or two to kick in. coenzyme q10 @ 100mg/ed. potassium, fish oil, and hawthron herb. My bp lowered 15pts on the bottom number, however, the top (systoic) number stayed between 140-160..so at the end of my cycle, my bp was between 140/92 to 160/82.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk D.
    First thing... you aint gona die with that pressure. blood pressure should be aprox 100+age up to 40 so 140 for the top number. The bottom number max is 90. So anything above 142/90 is condidered mild HTN. On my last cycle of test/fina/winy,my bp was 160/100! I was freaking! I did some reading on the natural ways to lower your bp, however, these methods take a good month or two to kick in. coenzyme q10 @ 100mg/ed. potassium, fish oil, and hawthron herb. My bp lowered 15pts on the bottom number, however, the top (systoic) number stayed between 140-160..so at the end of my cycle, my bp was between 140/92 to 160/82.
    Bro, you are 100% wrong on those numbers. They are high and they will lead to health problems. Show me any written support for what you are saying.

Well, lets'see...I work as a paramedic in seattle so i kind of know what the hell I'm talking about. Guidelines we work with for HTN is 140/90 or above. Now, take in mind, you should have two bp readings with in say, a ten minute period for a correct bp. And yes your correct about the correlation between HTN and long term health problems, primarily CV disease and stroke. If I see someone with this psi, i tell them that It most definately should be look at by their doc. Now since you want proof, I suggest you read the definition of hypertension in the pdf. Easy to find, just navigate on the left and you'll find it. Click on the second tabon the left, key to successful...... then, scorll down on teh page and you find what your looking for.

http://www.touchpointhealth.com/guid...ension2003.PDF
    Last edited by Dirk D.; 10-03-2003 at 12:01 AM.

righton is offline Senior Member
    The b/p debate goes on again, HIGH b/p varies from one person to another whats considered high for you might be normal for me. "HIGH" b/p runs in my family my grandma and grandpa died at 99 and 89 respectively and both my parents died at 62 (however they drank and smoked like sailors).And all my brothers and sister are still alive(age40-55) and a coupla abuse themselves pretty good! Guidelines for B/P are just that "Guidelines" with alot of variables. Off cycle mine is 160/95 average, on cycle it gets as high as 180/130!!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    My question is this...why were you trying so hard to avoid the question to these two female students when you said your Doc already knows you juice?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I donno, my blood pressure has always been low/normal. I took my first dose on first cycle last night and just before doing it, surgical tech neighbor who helped me with the injection took my blood pressure then asked if I ever get dizzy when I stand up because it was quite low before dosing. And yes occassionally I do get dizzy when standing up, always had low to normal pressure and sometimes this happens when the pressure is on lower side. I wonder if starting out with lower pressure will keep me in a more decent range of bp during this cycle?

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    if you are really worried, get the 24 hour bp monitor. no white coat hypertension and the readings are throughout the day. i got it done, pretty cool. my bp in the doc's office was 170/110 and 160/110. got the monitor the next day, my bp was never over 135/75 for the entire day. ruled out high bp completely and he showed me the graph of my readings to give me an idea when the readings were highest and lowest.

Well, lets'see...I work as a paramedic in seattle so i kind of know what the hell I'm talking about. Guidelines we work with for HTN is 140/90 or above. Now, take in mind, you should have two bp readings with in say, a ten minute period for a correct bp. And yes your correct about the correlation between HTN and long term health problems, primarily CV disease and stroke. If I see someone with this psi, i tell them that It most definately should be look at by their doc. Now since you want proof, I suggest you read the definition of hypertension in the pdf. Easy to find, just navigate on the left and you'll find it. Click on the second tabon the left, key to successful...... then, scorll down on teh page and you find what your looking for.

http://www.touchpointhealth.com/guid...ension2003.PDF
    Dirk, I didnt mean you were wrong with your guideline numbers, I meant you were wrong telling him that a systolic reading of 170 wasn't going to kill him. While it probably won't, he could still stroke out or damage organs over time at that pressure.

Toolman,

Understand that the systolic pressure is not nearly as critical as the diastolic pressure. I'm sure if you read on the link you will find that, however, I think that link is pretty large? We have tons of online medical crap we have to read...zzzz When my pressure was really high, a few doc's i know took my pressure and it was around 156\70. The told me not to worry too much about the systolic and to monitor my bp every day for 2 weeks. Then, you can look at the ups and down's and average the pressure. Some days' bp was super high, some super low? go figure. That's why to get an accurate pressure, you need a minimum of two.

Also, paulastone, you could have experienced some "white coat" hypertension. That's HTN caused by fear or stress of being in the doctors office.

Dirk, I thought the AMA changed that position with regard to systolic not being as important as diastolic. Now they say they are of equal importance.

hybrid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tt333
    I wish that was my reading, I went to the doc today and mine was 170/120! Ive been off juice for two months now and its still high. But then again mines been high like this for about 3 years.
    Holy balls is that high! Have you ever had to take medicine to try and control this?

Toolman,

I'll have to check on that, but as of my knowledge, I'm not sure if any changes have been implimented?
    I'll ask next base station meeting and let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    My question is this...why were you trying so hard to avoid the question to these two female students when you said your Doc already knows you juice?
    Well for the question, my doc knows about the gear, but he keeps it off the records, now the two students, that was by the way no more then 19 and 25 years old, was writing shit in my file and i dont want that in there. i will invest in a BP machine and will keep it a regular thing to check everyday. Also thanks to everyone of you that responded and to ttt33, are you taking any medication?
    one more thing for you guy's to know, I'm on an extremly low carb diet(no more then 20g/per day) could this have a factor??
    thx again

Toolman,

I'll have to check on that, but as of my knowledge, I'm not sure if any changes have been implimented?
    I'll ask next base station meeting and let ya know.
    Great, thanks. If not, I'm paying my doctor too much for bad advice.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Am I missing something though? I always thought that anything like AAS use was supposed to be professional confidence, not something that should be written down on record so nurses can grill the patient about it later on?

I think you can easily access Harborview's website and gain a whole lot of info there! I know they have a section for paramedicine for use to study and tons of other crap. I put up the link once I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    Holy balls is that high! Have you ever had to take medicine to try and control this?
    Bro, ive been on diovan 160mgs ed for 4 months now and its not dropping. They've put me on a diuretic but those pills make you piss for like 3 hours stait and I cant take it.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i went to get a physical and they said that i had high blood pressure, but it really wasnt.The cufflink was too small for my arm so they got an XL one and it read out just fine. That could be the case for some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    i went to get a physical and they said that i had high blood pressure, but it really wasnt.The cufflink was too small for my arm so they got an XL one and it read out just fine. That could be the case for some of you.
    Well that could be it also, my arms are just over 20" and when they used the cufflink it was realy tight and unconfterble(sp)
    thx again

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    They've been using the leg cuff on me.

Upper Canada is offline Junior Member
    My Mom is a doctor. She said that is super fuckin high for a young dude. And she also said to definitely disclose the juice, or else docs won't be able to offer the proper treatment, or they might order improper treatment that might delay recovery of normal bp. You might end up hurting yourself more int he end by not letting them diagnose the reason for the bp elevation. She also said that if bp raises quickly (4 days or less) drop your daily life and get back in the doctors officee. my mom and I talk a lot about this shit. my 2 cents. ciao.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Complain to your doc about the nurses, he needs to know that they are acting completely unprofessional at his practice. As a sidenote, were they hot?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    As a sidenote, were they hot?
    bahaha, i was thinking the exact same thing. i woulda dropped trou and said something along lines of "yeah, you can touch it". well, maybe not, i'm a wuss...=P

seriously thought, i hope paulastone and tt333 get the bp down to a healthy range...

-- cb

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tt333
    That 120 is leathal bro. Thats stroke kidney failure range. Get on meds and leave aas alone until u got control of your BP.

Yes as LozGod stated you could have a stroke if you BP is high enough. That is something you do not want to take lightly.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    This summer when i took my bp i had 190 over 140.
    When i got my wisdom teeth out the dentist was like holy shit are you on bp medcine. I said no and not to worry about just pull the tooth. He couldnt believe it. I can tell when it gets danagerous and when it is ok. I get nose bleed when it gets to about 200. But i have not checked it since i started working out again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information