clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

how do yall measure out cc's?

ok, this is a silly question. when i stick my pin in my vial and draw out 1cc, how do i know i got 1cc? is it when the plunger hits the 1cc mark, or do i have turn the pin facing down and see if the oil is at the 1cc mark?

when i turn the pin facing down, there is always air between the oil and plunger. i assume its because when draw back, you suck in all the air thats in the pin before the oil starts to come up.

i always assumed its when the oil, not the plunger, reaches the 1cc mark, but a recent thread in another forum made me unsure.

thanks,
    -- clocky

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Turn the vial upside down. Draw that way. Tap on your syringe to get the air to rise, and reinject any excess.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    You should have oil filling the syringe all the way up to the 1cc mark with no air at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Turn the vial upside down. Draw that way. Tap on your syringe to get the air to rise, and reinject any excess.
    i do turn the vial upside down. but still, when i draw, i always draw the air thats in the needle into the syringe before the oil fills the needle.
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    You should have oil filling the syringe all the way up to the 1cc mark with no air at all.
    doesn't happen for me. first thing that enters the syringe is air from the empty needle.

thanks,
    -- clocky

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    doesn't happen for me. first thing that enters the syringe is air from the empty needle.

thanks,
    -- clocky[/QUOTE]

You have to draw a whole cc of oil and turn the syringe upside down and then put the air and extra oil back into the vial.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how do yall measure out cc's?-inj.jpg  

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    fill the syringe with 1cc air, inject air into upside down vial, and draw in oil up to the 1cc mark...Close enough guys...

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    fill the syringe with 1cc air, inject air into upside down vial, and draw in oil up to the 1cc mark...Close enough guys...
    close enough?! no way. if using an 18g or even a 20g needle, its so thick that if you draw oil up to the 1cc mark only, you're gunna have much less than 1cc of oil (due to drawing into the syringe air from inside the empty needle).

i find with an 18g pin, i have to draw oil to 1.3cc, then push .3cc of air back out.

hey symatech, nice diagram...=)

-- clocky

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    like this
    I assume you are posting this in the official MS Paint thread?!!! Nice!

-moto

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    LMAO @ symatech!!! Love the drawing bro!

hope you got your ? answered clock

Turn the vial upside down. Draw out more than what you need. While keeping the pin in the vial, tap or flick the syringe so that all air rises to the top(needle). Gently expell the excess back into the vial until you have your desired amount.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    like this
    that's awesome!

hybrid is offline Member
    If I'm drawing 1cc, I draw what looks like 1cc. Then, with the syringe upside down, I pull the plunger down to the 2cc mark. That way you don't have any in the needle or tip. You can just measure between the hash marks. If you're full between 2cc and 1cc, then you are good.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    like this
    lmao......your kid draw that?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    That's how to do it.

When you inject air into the vial it creats a slight vacume and makes drawing a lot easier. If you think you're not getting enough draw 1.5 cc's and then push the .5 cc back into the vial.

100571 is offline Associate Member
    I do what mud says. draw 1.5 cc, tak teh air to the top of the needle, then squirt .5 cc back into teh vial. I always draw slightly more than 1cc b/c there will still be oil in the needle when you are done injecting. After yoru next injection, draw back on the plunger and see how much oild "didn't make it". That is the amount of excess I draw into the barrel before injecting.

fouronthefloor is offline New Member

curious

Hey Bros' is it an old wise tale that if you fail to "thump out" all the air, before injecting, the air you inject will kill you? Mind you, I don't want to find out, just curious as to the theory behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by fouronthefloor
    Hey Bros' is it an old wise tale that if you fail to "thump out" all the air, before injecting, the air you inject will kill you? Mind you, I don't want to find out, just curious as to the theory behind this.
    Injecting some air intamuscular will not kill you but if you were to shoot air into a vein you would die.

Quote Originally Posted by 100571
    I do what mud says. draw 1.5 cc, tak teh air to the top of the needle, then squirt .5 cc back into teh vial. I always draw slightly more than 1cc b/c there will still be oil in the needle when you are done injecting. After yoru next injection, draw back on the plunger and see how much oild "didn't make it". That is the amount of excess I draw into the barrel before injecting.
    ahh, cool...good idea...=)

-- clocky

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    ahh, cool...good idea...=)

-- clocky
    so the first thing you do before putting the needle into the vial to fill it up is pull the plunger back into thin air to put it up to 1cc of just air?

Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    so the first thing you do before putting the needle into the vial to fill it up is pull the plunger back into thin air to put it up to 1cc of just air?
    yeah, draw 1cc of air, inject it into your vial, then draw 1cc of oil.

-- clocky

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    Injecting some air intamuscular will not kill you but if you were to shoot air into a vein you would die.
    Not likely unless you are using a 100 cc syringe filled with air.

Thread Information