realityarts is offline Member

Pinz for drawing from amps...

Have you been able to use the same pin for drawing from an amp and injecting? Or, do you always use the large gauge for drawing then change it for injection?

RA

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i used the same in previous cycle, but when i ordered pins for this cycle i order some needles. I never had a problem.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    get a vial with a rubber stopper, then draw, change pins, and inject. Less likely to waste

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    no offense bro, but how can changing pins be less likely to waste?

Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    no offense bro, but how can changing pins be less likely to waste?
    vial with rubber stopper, break all amps. dump into vial. no drawing from an amp=less likely to waste gear. when drawing through a rubber stopper, change needles because they will dull.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I use an 18 to draw the thick oil and then switch to a 23 to inject. I will use the same 18 gage to draw up 5 or 6 amps. I wipe it with alcohol and put it back in it's cover and then into to wrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I use an 18 to draw the thick oil and then switch to a 23 to inject. I will use the same 18 gage to draw up 5 or 6 amps. I wipe it with alcohol and put it back in it's cover and then into to wrapper.
    prob the best way to draw from amp, 18 guage has some vacuum power

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    vial with rubber stopper, break all amps. dump into vial. no drawing from an amp=less likely to waste gear. when drawing through a rubber stopper, change needles because they will dull.

That's not a bad idea. Anybody else do this? I would be worried about glass chips in the juice. Is a filtered needle necessary? Also, where can you get empty vials? Thanks.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I always use greens to draw up then change to 25g blues, they are so cheap my use a dulled pin?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I use 18g to draw, 23g to inject

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    no drawing from an amp=less likely to waste gear.
    This statement makes no sense to me whatsoever. Actually, I find it much easier to aspirate the last drop of gear from an amp compared to trying to maneuver the pin through a rubber stopper and in an attempt to reach the last bit of oil in a multi-use vial. Furthermore, the risk of infection increases every time you pierce that rubber stopper.

If you're concerned about aspirating glass shards, simply pick up a bunch of 18g filter needles for aspirating the oil. Then switch to whatever you want to use for injection. That's what I use with amps and vials and it works great.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've always heard you should never never reinject using the same needle you draw oil from a vial with since pushing the needle through that rubber will dull it badly, which makes sense to me.

My proceedure was to use an 18 gauge to draw with, pull in a little extra air, recap the 18, screw it off, then screw on a 23 gauge. You can actually set the thing aside for some time as long as the cap remains on the 23 needle without compromising sterility, from what I've been told. Then when you're ready to go, expell the extra air and enough of the oil to allow a drop or so to run down the side. That really helped lubricate the needle and made it go in painlessly.

An 18 needle tends to put some big holes in a rubber stopper so the technique is to push the needle in almost horizontally, bevel (or "cut") side up, slide it in a bit, then tip it up and push it the rest of the way in. This creates a nice slice rather than a round plug, which can push a tiny piece of rubber into the oil, which you don't want.

I hope that's helpful!

By the way, one reason to use an 18 rather than 23 gauge to draw up the oil with is, like mentioned above, it pulls up way too slow with a 23.

JuiCe StUd is offline New Member
    damn i feel like a lazy bitch cause i use the same needle for drawing and injecting but do u really think changing the pins really makes a difference, i mean i have no problem injecting and i use the same pinz ????

Aragorn is offline Senior Member

Oh, I gotta correct myself here -the original question was for an AMP and I was doing all that explaining for a VIAL, the kind with the stopper.

Never mind.

BDTR is offline Retired
    For one, you'll actually damage the needle more on the bottom of a glass amp than on a rubber stopper. Trust me, switch pins.

Thread Information