usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Does heartburn mean high bp?

Been experiencing heart burn and bad headaches since I started my cycle this week. Never had this problem before either. I know its not from the food I'm eating either. I'm running 50mgs RT Prop ed and 20mgs papervar ed for 15 weeks along with 10mgs of nolva ed. The nolva tastes like shit,I'm wondering if my body wants to spit it back up. Or could it be a sign of high bp??? It does run in my family.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I've got some weak headaches from the dbol I'm suspecting.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Any stress can lead to high bp.monitoring your bp on cycle is a must.The doc just put me on bp meds since starting my cycle.I like the taste of liquid nolv myself.Go see a doc and tell him what's up.Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I've got some weak headaches from the dbol I'm suspecting.
    Your taking your dbol with food right?

Most roids cause high BP

Anyone who juices up should without a doubt buy a pressure cuff and learn how to use it. You want to keep an eye on your BP.

Just my 2 cents worth

Red

thanks all.

What measures can I take to reduce my BP???

Red, I will certaintly look into the BP cuff your talking about...

Unfortunally I don't have med insurance though so regular checkups is out of the question.

How accurate are the reading at the local pharmacies by the way???

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario
    thanks all.

What measures can I take to reduce my BP???

Red, I will certaintly look into the BP cuff your talking about...

Unfortunally I don't have med insurance though so regular checkups is out of the question.

How accurate are the reading at the local pharmacies by the way???
    Depending on your arm size,I have to use a wrist collar and they're quite acurate.a good one will be around 80-100 bucks.As far as reducing your bp,the doc will have to give you a med.I'm using Lortel,works like a charm.Good luck

If you buy a normal sphygmometer (dead simple pressure cuff with a dial) and a cheap sthetoscope you can keep the purchase under $50 and it works just as well.

you just have to learn to use it (which is easy, walk into any fire dept or EMS squad and they'll GLADLY show you how to use it)

Electronic models are a little more expensive, but less complicated to use. I'm an EMT so I use a good old (and cheap) pressure cuff and stethoscope.

Charting your BP is s good idea when on juice. As for reducing it, a small raise is normal when on so I don'T worry too much. If it shoots up like crazy one day and stays there though start being concerned.

Red

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    Walmart sells electric blood pressure cuffs. I bought one made by samsung that comes with a small and large cuff for under $60.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Electric cuffs are inaccurate depends on the brand as a paramedic I can assure you it is easy as hell to learn how to take your pressure there are websites that will walk you throught it. Also heartburn does not mean you have hypertension. Go to the MD and get a script, hell you can get prilosec otc now it will take care of the burn.

realityarts is offline Member
    Don't take acid reducers, they just screw up your digestive system and make more problems in the long run. There is something in your diet that is causing this. You need to study pH...acid/alkaline foods/beverages... It is better to stop what's causing it then compound your situation.

Also, BP and heartburn can share the same cause -- stress, for example, can cause both high BP and heartburn. Also, though not as likely, heartburn can be quite stressful in and of itself and become a BP problem.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Your taking your dbol with food right?
    Yea I'm taking my dbol with meals but sometimes I get kinda hazed out while walking and I'll either get a short type of blurred vision or a headache.

It's really nothing to complain about but it's just odd I figured.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea I'm taking my dbol with meals but sometimes I get kinda hazed out while walking and I'll either get a short type of blurred vision or a headache.

Thats what prohormones do to me... DHEA, Andro and 1-test.... strange for me I have not experienced any of that on real steroids ... but I am not doing Dbols either.

I have typically borderline worrysome low blood pressure when not on steroids... so far I had wife check my BP on this cycle... both times I came with "normal" blood pressure so it looks like the roids have brought me up to a more normal blood pressure.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I had acid reflux a while back, doc put me on Tagamet. Read up on the subject, put a lot of starchy veggies in my diet, and problem went away in about a month. Yah, eat stuff like potatos and dry beans, I pretty much prefer canned black beans with a little onion and cheese on top.

hybrid is offline Member
    Make sure you're drinking enough water too. A couple of gallons a day. That's what made my headaches go away.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre

Happens to me too bro

I went to the doc today and she said I'm not drinking enough water. She told me to flood my body with water and gatorade over the next two days and see if that makes a difference. Kinda makes sense too since I recently bumped my protein intake up to about 400g a day. I guess this is a lesson we all can learn from. Oh and my bp was 140 over 64...a little elevatued but nothing to be concerned about.

SuperMario-

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    As others have said you should get your BP checked.Try some Tums when you get the heartburn. You could also buy Pepcid and take one a half hour before meals. I don't want to alarm you but cardiac symptoms are often mistaken for heartburn. Go get a physical. It might cost $40 but be well worth it.

realityarts is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    Make sure you're drinking enough water too. A couple of gallons a day. That's what made my headaches go away.

Good call there hybrid! The water also helps the BP...

Thread Information