EmptyWallet is offline Junior Member

Is Deca counter productive to cutting?

Currently, I'm totally drug free, and have just finished alot of my rehab on my knee. I've been working out on food alone for the past few months, and I'm going to start cutting since I've gotten a some chub I don't like. Well, I had my knee surgery 6 months ago, so I don't think some deca in this cutting stint would be a bad idea. However from what I've seen, that might shut me down pretty bad and not lead to the results that I want. I havent decided whether to go with clen or NYC, or both , rotating two weeks of each, which is probably what I'm going to do. I'd run the deca for 10 weeks at 300mgs a week. Along with clen for two weeks, then NYC for two weeks, then clen for two weeks and so on. Would the deca be counter productive at all? Any benefits at that dosage? Let me add a little something to that as well, I'd be going straight into a bulking phase after this cutting stint, which would include some test. I believe that would ease up the recover (or lack there of) considerably. So when I ended the test a few months later, I'd be deca free for at least two months, and the clomid and recovery after the test woudl be a breeze, seeing as I ended the deca a long long time ago. Anyone get my drift? Good idea or no? I am for certain it will shut me down, however I'm curious about it. I suppose the only way to see what would happen is to try it. Winstrol is completely out of the question as I imagine it would make my knee feel horrible. Maybe further down the road. Any other opinions?

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    anything you you gear-wise is going to shut down your body's natural test production. IMO you are going about this backwards. I would bulk first, then cut later. If you cut now, when you bulk up later you are most likely going to gain back a lot of the fat you cut previously. Being that winter is right around the corner and most guys aren't trollin' the beach in December, a little fat won't hurt. Spring time is when I would be worrying about cutting, for obvious reasons. There will also be more muscle there to cut around.

The deca would be counter productive in your cutting phase, as it tends to promote more water retention, giving you a smoother apprearance. Try to stick to steroids that do not promote retention of water, and use a good anti-e along with your test, which you should be considering as a base for whatever cycle you choose.

-moto

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I agree totally with moto but I have had a friend run 200 mg per week and use it to cut. I have heard of the idea before. He got ripped to shreds when he combined the 200mg deca a week and a clean diet and cardio. But who cares if you're a little bulked for the winter like moto said. Tis the season for sweetshirts and sweaters anyway.

cb25 is offline Banned
    i'd agree w/ moto and 50...bulk now, run a cycle with test, and save your cutting for later on.

besides, if you're just running deca with nothing else, you'll shut yourself down hard - "deca dick" is something i'd like to avoid...use test as your base, even if it's a cutting cycle.

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    i'd agree w/ moto and 50...bulk now, run a cycle with test, and save your cutting for later on.

besides, if you're just running deca with nothing else, you'll shut yourself down hard - "deca dick" is something i'd like to avoid...use test as your base, even if it's a cutting cycle.

For my first cycle i took decca alone, and have never beeen hornier in my life.

Thread Information