Thread: quad injections

toddy is offline Junior Member

quad injections

where exactly do you inject in the quads, does anyone have any pictures.

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    go to steroid injection info on the home page here.....it shows pictures and give details

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Inject into the upper outer quadrant of the thigh.I find it easier to sit down and raise and support the leg so it is at 90 deg to your torso.That way there is no weight on your leg and the muscle relaxes more.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Re: quad injections

Originally posted by toddy
    where exactly do you inject in the quads...
    Simple . . . Pay attention, there will be a quiz after class.

Stand up. Place your hand flat on the outside of your leg, so that your fingertips are at knee level. Take note of where your hand ends and your wrist begins.

Now place your hand, flat again on the outside of your thigh, with the wrist at your pelvic crest (the top of your pelvic bone). Take note of where your fingertips end.

The area of the quads you can inject is the area that was not covered by your hand.

In other words, the proper area for a quad injection is on the outside of your leg (not front, back, or inside) from a hand-length above the knee to a hand-length below the pelvic crest.

And Billy Boy is correct. Do the injection while sitting down, with the muscle as relaxed as possible. If you insert he needle and hit a nerve, you'll know it immediatey. Just withdraw it and use a different spot. Best bet: For the quads, use nothing larger than a 23 gauge needle - oil based solutions may go slower, but you'll have less pain than with a 22 or larger gauge needle. (I use a 25 g. when doing quads. It's slower, but less pain.) Standard length needle for a quad shot: 1 inch.

Helpful hint: Because there is a higher possibility of hitting a nerve in the quads than there is in the delts or glutes, insert the needle a little slower than you would elsewhere. If you experience any pain while inserting the needle on the outside of the leg, with your other hand pinch the inside of your leg - it will distract the pain.

Now, because you've been good boys and girls, the quiz has been canceled.
    Last edited by TNT; 01-03-2002 at 11:31 AM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    TNT DOES IT AGAIN....GOOD ONE BRO....

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Just one other thing make sure you massage the area well to get the fluid evenly dispersed.I found after taking the quad shot if I stood up and just moved my leg to and fro bending at the knee (as if you were walking up some stairs)it reduced the next day pain dramatically.JMO though

TNT when,s the next class I,m gonna book a place

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    TNT,

That was good!....

I think it would be cool to have a "Tip of the Day" from a Vet or a Mod in its own catagorie....Some of the info may be redundant but I'll bet everybody checks in there to see whats posted!!

Just an Idea!

Happy New Year, MJ

Thread Information