Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

What's the worst that can happen if you don't aspirate?

Hey bros,

I recall reading that it was important to aspirate and after searching around as to why I found this post by a dude who I assume is a doctor at Steroidology -he was responding to someone asking why he choked after injecting...

"You're describing what I just mentioned in my previous post: a pulmonary oil embolus. You had a generalized, reactive pulmonary vasoconstriction, with an acute increase in pulmonary vascular resistance, putting a huge (but temporary) strain on the right ventricle of the heart. In someone with heart disease or a congenital defect, this could result in an AMI (heart attack). Probably experienced some secondary pulmonary edema, too (fluid in the alveoli or air sacs, hence the shortness of breath).
    I hope everyone sees your post; this is nothing to fuck around with when you're injecting oils!! Aspirate, and then don't move it around while injecting."

This kinda put the fear in me but now I'm hearing this is BS and nobody's ever gonna die from injecting into a vein, even with an existing condition.
    The crazy thing is, when I've searched for "aspiration" or "aspirate" I have trouble even finding the term anywhere except on sites like AR. It's like the medical field doesn't even use it.

So the question again is, what's the worst that can happen if you inject, say, 2 ccs of oil directly into a vein? Why bother to aspirate at all?
    Any medical people out there?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You can become dizzy, light headed, uncontrollable cough, pass out............... I just don't understand why people don't aspirate ..... it takes 2 seconds to see if your in a vein or not to avoid some problems.

Bro, I ain't no doctor... shiet I don't even play one on TV but I've injected tren too close to a vein once (pin went thru and some juice seeped back in, or I his capillaries big time) and that was enough for me.

Felt like I was going to freakin' die. Got all clammy, hot flash from hell, sweat like a pig, sick to my stomach, heart rate shot thru the roof and I was about to pass out. Lasted a few minutes and I did have to lie down 'till it passed.

Just aspirate bro... it's easy. Will not do it kill you? I dunno, and honestly I never want to find out.

Red

raw12 is offline Associate Member
    the wortst thing that can happen is you will die

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Aspirating takes like 5 seconds tops. Why not do it?

Quote Originally Posted by raw12
    the worst thing that can happen is you will die
    Well, that's what I'd heard but here's a quote by someone at AR who says he's a doc...

"injecting anabolic steroids into a peripheral artery won't kill you. i don't care what you've heard and i'm not guessing like most of the people on this thread. i am and MD and i wonder if the so-called doc that told you this really went to medical school or if you're just making it up. i hate threads like this b/c it just spreads misinformation and serves to make people afraid."

That's kind why I started this thread -which one is it?

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    so when the plunger is pulled back what are you supposed to see? i know that blood is bad and its time to try a new place, but what happens if its not on a vein?

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    the Doc said that "injecting anabolic steroids into a peripheral artery won't kill you" but it will cause some problems that have already been mentioned. Like dizzy, light headed, uncontrollable cough, pass out not fun stuff, but should/can be avoided.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    i never even knew the dangers of this but even from the beggining i pulled back....come on now guys this takes about 2 seconds to do....id rather take 2 seconds out of my busy schedule then have the possibility of passin out....

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    what happens if its not on a vein?
    You'll just get a bubble if your in the muscle that will go back in once you have aspirated.

I have been doing injection for about a week now and when I aspirated I got a tiny amount of blood in the syringe and pulled out slowly. It is good that your researching this because it can only lead to problems (i'm sure) if you do hit a vein.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    the Doc said that "injecting anabolic steroids into a peripheral artery won't kill you" but it will cause some problems that have already been mentioned. Like dizzy, light headed, uncontrollable cough, pass out not fun stuff, but should/can be avoided.

That makes sense.

So at least from the quotes by the doctors(?) above, it's not possible to drop dead UNLESS you've got a pre-existant heart condition, like the guy in my first post says. Otherwise the worst you could do is maybe pass out.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Question is..if you pass out while coughing,could you suffocate?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    damn that's deep man

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I feel that it is possible, but probably very unlikely.

I do not think you will pass out while coughing you will suffocate remember your airway is still open the only way i see yourself suffocating was if you were injecting while having a plastic bag over your head.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Yes its possible to suffocate.....Not because of a blocked air passage but of a blocked pulmonary vein. Back to the embolism theory. Just Aspirate for gods sake its not that F*cking hard to do.

Grant is offline Member
    i don't think the guy who started this thread said he wasn't going to aspirate , he just raised a question

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    it's very difficult for me to aspirate in the glutes

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    it's very difficult for me to aspirate in the glutes
    I can imagine. How the hell you gonna do it yourself?

Grant is offline Member
    you pry back with your thumb

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    If you shoot into a vein, you run the risk of shooting air into it (tiny air bubbles), which can kill you--at least cause serious complications.

Are you asking this question because you're trying to decide whether or not you're going to aspirate from now on? If that's your reasoning, I'd suggest just taking the extra 10 seconds to aspirate. It will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I can imagine. How the hell you gonna do it yourself?
    I only do glute injection I have no trouble shooting and aspirating with one hand.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    I only do glute injection I have no trouble shooting and aspirating with one hand.
    Same here--so far only glute injections. If you shoot in the Gluteus Medius (as opposed to the Maximus), you should be able to twist around and hold the syringe with one hand while pulling back on the plunger with the other.

If you want to know how to find the Gluteus Medius, look at the following post titled "Glute Shots (Useful Information)." Here's the link:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ghlight=inject

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    you pry back with your thumb
    No, I know how to apsirate.

I'm talking about the diffculty of doing it during a glute injection. I'd do a glute injection but hell I have a hard time getting my arms back there to even scratch my back.

I'm gonna try a glute injection on monday and hopefully it won't be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Same here--so far only glute injections. If you shoot in the Gluteus Medius (as opposed to the Maximus), you should be able to twist around and hold the syringe with one hand while pulling back on the plunger with the other.

If you want to know how to find the Gluteus Medius, look at the following post titled "Glute Shots (Useful Information)." Here's the link:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ghlight=inject
    Good post, thanks.

spotinjections.com doesn't give full detail of glute shots.

Grant is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Calipso]No, I know how to apsirate.
    I'm talking about the diffculty of doing it during a glute injection. )

So am I

[QUOTE=Grant]
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    No, I know how to apsirate.
    I'm talking about the diffculty of doing it during a glute injection. )

So am I
    Me also,that's why I stick with the Quads and Delts......guess we're all a bunch of fat asses here huh J/K lol

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    the only way i see yourself suffocating was if you were injecting while having a plastic bag over your head.
    Note to self....don't inject with a plastic bag over my head anymore. Is a paper bag ok ?

Grant is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpineslide
    Note to self....don't inject with a plastic bag over my head anymore. Is a paper bag ok ?
    or your choice of a biodegradable product

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

I wasn't planning on not aspirating, I just got into a side discussion over on another thread about he possibility of dying from an injection.
    The possiblity came up since the dude dropped dead while injecting gear. (Sadly, a friend of BLT- the thread's still around.)
    He apparently died of an anyeurism (if I spelled that right). I THOUGHT I'd read somewhere that you can get an anyeurism from injecting oil into a vein, but I can't find it now.

I will admit that if it's impossible to drop dead from NOT aspirating, I'll be a lot less worried next time I do gear.

roofer is offline New Member
    you certainly can die from injecting in a vein.

Quote Originally Posted by roofer
    Artery........and it takes 3cc....read more before you post assine comments like this

Artery........and it takes 3cc....read more before you post assine comments like this
    i guess im so fucking stupid for saying vein instead of artery. so godamned assinine of me. Sorry i didnt say 3ccs but the fucking point was you can die whether its 3ccs or 50ccs. but thanks for letting me know how fucking stupid I am.

i guess im so fucking stupid for saying vein instead of artery. so godamned assinine of me. Sorry i didnt say 3ccs but the fucking point was you can die whether its 3ccs or 50ccs. but thanks for letting me know how fucking stupid I am.
    No worries bro.......very impressive Bio by the way

No worries bro.......very impressive Bio by the way
    well im not really here to impress people but i guess some people really need attention though.

This always happens when I ask about aspiration.
    What is it about this subject?

Can anybody give some kind of documentation/link showing how or where somebody actually died? Or explaining how it's possible?

I mean a reliable medical kind of source.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I've never heard of someone dying from not aspirating......... I have friends that never aspirate and are still alive......... The safest thing would be to do it......... if not for dying I wouldn't want the other complications from injecting into a vein.

D-Roc is offline New Member
    My buddy never used to aspirate till he met me. He did however forget once and he said he passed out and it was real scary. I wouldn't mess with it

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    I have done nothing but glute injections this entire cycle, and I have no trouble aspirating everytime, a bit awkward at first, but you get used to it.

The Ding Bat that I first started using with knew nothing about aspiration, therefore neither of us did for 2-3 years, nothing ever happened with the exception of a 2 minute Heart pounding, heavy breathing, sweat pouring, freakout session. Then I met a guy that thought I should be dead if I'd been injecting for 2-3 years without aspirating!
    Personally, simply from experience and nothing more, I don't believe you could die unless you already had a weakness due to a serious existing problem.
    However, I do it and always will just in case, why take a chance?
    I saw a post here recently from a guy doing what a friend of mine used to do, shoot 1, 2, or 3 cc's (of air) into a sheep, goat, cow whatever, just to see the limit, he never really found it. He shot 4cc's into a sheep once and it did the Fish on the ground for a while, but then it got up and ran away, that pretty much took the fear out of me, but like I said, I still do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information