View Poll Results: Steroids an addiction of some sort?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 74.07%
  • No

7 25.93%
    moush is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Steriods an addiction of some sort??

Steriods an addiction of some sort??

I definitely think steroids are a type of addiction because I hated needles but i said hey let me try and guess what I cant wait till i do the next one and the next.....I cant STOP!!!

You can say it is a mental addiction, you look at the great gains you obtain and all your want to do is keeping getting better gains. As far as physical addiction it is not your body can live without steroids .

Ambulance is offline Member
    ^^ What he said. I don't think the actual steroids are addictive, just the results.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    One word, Yes.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Like any addiction, i think it's the strength of the person. And like lightweight said...it's not a physical addiction, per se...but the mental aspect can definitely be there...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Like any addiction, i think it's the strength of the person. And like lightweight said...it's not a physical addiction, per se...but the mental aspect can definitely be there...
    And is there for me, I'm not gonna lie, I HATE coming off!
    Gimme another shot!

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Once you do your first cycle, you'll do another and another until you get the results you want. Once you reach the point your satisfied with you can quit without having a physical addiction.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I'll say it myself. I won't do only one cycle. I can tell this will be never ending job.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Steroids aren't addictive, this website is!!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Anything can be mentally addictive, so of course steroids fit into that category. They can't be physically addictive though.

i believe as a noob they are addictive in every aspect of our lives. All i do is think about AAS and AR! When I am at class, eating, sleeping and chillin!

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I've been on them for a week and I'm addicted.

cfase is offline Junior Member
    I believe that gear is psychologically addictive..Its a real mind fuck style of a snare!!

C

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Damn roids....I shot my 7th shot today and thought...god damnt i wanna shoot again. Im taking more and more in the spring...GOtta get bigger.

P.T.P is offline Junior Member
    mentaly without a doubt!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punk_bbuilder
    Damn roids....I shot my 7th shot today and thought...god damnt i wanna shoot again. Im taking more and more in the spring...GOtta get bigger.
    I am hooked bad! I hit week 5 and like thinking......aawwwwwwwwwww, only 5 more weeks and have to end.... I wonder if I can get away with extending to 12 week cycle? I love how I feel on this stuff... when I eat big meals and or lots of sugar, I get a wonderful sugar buzz that beats the best weed or booze out there... I never got sugar buzzes before doing roids...

jersey juice is offline Member
    I voted no because you can live without them and after you've been off long enough to recover and start making natural gains again, BUT... you will always know that another 10lbs is only 8-10 weeks away. I know guys who only workout when they're on, but as soon as they're off they lose all motivation. I'm planning on being off for a year and letting my body rest since I was on for the better part of 3 years. I'm sure my gains will be great when I do go back on... shit, I might even be able to do newbie doses again and not spend around $800 for a 12 week cycle LOL!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Of some sort? Sure. The social rewards are a big part of it. An athlete that feels more prepared for competition by his/her use is more likely to keep using. A lot of it is a psychological addiction. But as social rewards change - dropping the use of the substances is pretty painless. Such as, when an athlete stops competeing. Unlike some recreational drugs like cocaine where stopping use is much more complex... addictive drugs like cocaine are used to basically escape from reality... where anabolic -androgenic steroids are usually used as training aids in healthy individuals - individuals who take pride in diet and exercise.

A physical dependence is defined by symptoms of withdrawl. If you were to stop without a good post cycle pharmaco therapy orientated to recover the HPTA as well as modifications in training routine - withdrawl is very noticable. Loss in AAS induced gains can lead to a desire to want more...

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    A physical dependence is defined by symptoms of withdrawl. If you were to stop without a good post cycle pharmaco therapy orientated to recover the HPTA as well as modifications in training routine - withdrawl is very noticable. Loss in AAS induced gains can lead to a desire to want more...
    This is what I was thinking, but wasn't sure how to word it properly. Thanks Warrior.

How about the idea that they could be physically "addictive" if abused for a peroid of time? would hampering your body's natural test production by overusing gear, then requiring HRT to live a "normal" life afterward be considered a physical addiction? Just a thought, either way I voted yes because I am addictted to the benefits afforded by steroids .

-moto

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    yes.....i love them!!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Of some sort? Sure. The social rewards are a big part of it. An athlete that feels more prepared for competition by his/her use is more likely to keep using. A lot of it is a psychological addiction. But as social rewards change - dropping the use of the substances is pretty painless. Such as, when an athlete stops competeing. Unlike some recreational drugs like cocaine where stopping use is much more complex... addictive drugs like cocaine are used to basically escape from reality... where anabolic-androgenic steroids are usually used as training aids in healthy individuals - individuals who take pride in diet and exercise.
    I agree about the social rewards... I am happily married but I am definately getting more women checking me out, but also guys treat you with more respect (no not gay guys, I mean just regular people)... people go out of their way to be nicer to you and such when you are all buff with buldging muscles, etc.

I noticed at the mall, going to get my 30% off GNC first week of the month thing to buy some more weight gainers, creatine, etc... damn all the surveying people and salesman/sales woman singled me out for their sales pitches, letting others go by... I think the muscles definately make a difference! I had so fucking many people come up and introduce themselves to me or say high at the mall, its like damn.... I know I beefed up some but geez, its almost becoming a hassle....

The guy at GNC always sees me in there first week of the month and he was like telling me, "Holy shit, those T-bombs and weight gainers I sold you last month did unbelievably well on you!" (Remember I am a full 20-25 lbs bigger then I was last month at this time). I had to break his heart and tell him it wasnt the t-bombs! The weight gainers helped but I told him I am shooting the real thing... Damn now thats a jealous guy... he was begging me to find him a source or get him some but I am not going to do anything like that for anyone...
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 11-03-2003 at 11:19 PM.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I dont know if it is addicting or not but everybody I know who uses steriods said that they were only going to do one cycle. None of them stopped.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Not to get too crazy but it depends on the mental fortitude of the individual, I can honestly say i have experimented with many types of rec drugs, tobacco, alcohol and others in my youth. I could take and leave them as I chose. Now as far as AS it depends on what your goals are. Call me vain but I like looking better. The way I look is more important than the amount of weight I move. But remember one thing, mental strength and stability is just as important as physical, ask any one at the top of their field or sport.

no doubt, the roids aren't the addictive part it is the gains, it would be more likely to say I was addicted to bodybuilding with a AAS problem, I can't quit b/c I love getting bigger.LOL

Whatcha gonna do brother.........

Thread Information