Thread: hypoglycemic

BigCheer is offline Junior Member

hypoglycemic

Aight bros this may not fit in here but I dont know were else to put it. I am hypoglycemic and was ondering since my body usually produces more insulin than what is needed is there any way to use this to my benifit?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCheer
    Aight bros this may not fit in here but I dont know were else to put it. I am hypoglycemic and was ondering since my body usually produces more insulin than what is needed is there any way to use this to my benifit?
    You know anyone can be hypoglycemic.... its all in how you eat and increased protein in the diet adds lots of stability to the blood sugar... have you tried multiple whey shakes a day? I've had my moments with getting the hypoglycemic "shakeyness" between meals but since I upped my protein intake substantially, its just about gone away... havent had a hypo episode in 2 years...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I go hypo all the time. I have to keep my carbs up or i'll shake and start to passout. It's a real bitch to diet when ur hypoglycemic.

I agree I definantly get the shakes and the close calls to passing out. I try to eat slow breakdown carbs to keep my glucose levels pretty even. I also eat many times a day. But is there any way to use these insulin spikes to my advantage?

NJou812 is offline Associate Member
    Interesting thread.
    I have really low blood sugar as well and have to go in to se an Endocrynologist (sp) when this cycle is over. I'm pretty sure it's nothing more, as I have been lean with a clean diet for 10 years. Still, keep us posted if you have anything that works for you. Always interested to hear about it

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Unfortunately its different for everyone, it's something that has to be monitored for the rest of your life.

TheGoose is offline New Member
    I'm hypoglycemic as well, glucose level of 52 (70 is normal) at time of blood test. And I even ate something before I went. I'm not sure if the spike in insulin is substantial enough for gains. I did notice however that my blood sugar stablized greatly after taking ALA. That in conjuction with Chromium Picolinate and a good diet has done wonders for me. It's harder to keep my sugar even though while cycling, so always monitor how you feel and have some crackers or somthing with you at all times.

I know this is old but i wanted to bump it for more opinions

newtogear is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose
    I'm hypoglycemic as well, glucose level of 52 (70 is normal) at time of blood test. And I even ate something before I went. I'm not sure if the spike in insulin is substantial enough for gains. I did notice however that my blood sugar stablized greatly after taking ALA. That in conjuction with Chromium Picolinate and a good diet has done wonders for me. It's harder to keep my sugar even though while cycling, so always monitor how you feel and have some crackers or somthing with you at all times.
    my ex girlfriend was hypoglycemic. she could get down right mean as hell and bitchy. she always blamed it on her hypoglycemia and her blood sugar levels. do you guys w/ hypo concur w/ her on that one? i was just curious to see if that was just an excuse. however, i did notice her getting more evil shortly after eating simple carbs like popcorn at a movie, etc..

she tried to stay away from simple carbs and ate small meals thoughout the day. alcohol can be a killer w/ hypo as well b/c the liver is too busy breaking down the booze than to release any of it's glyco. she exercised and did cardio religiously. i wonder if she could have taken advantage of the insulin spikes as well. btw, what do you mean by the insulin spikes? do hypoglycemics have more of an insulin spike after ingesting carbs than people w/o hypo?

also, i used to recommend chromium to her all the time but she didn't want to take it for some wacko reason i can't remember. i never recommended ala to her b/c i thought that that wold drop her blood sugar levels even more by shuttling the glyco out of her blood and into her muscles. i guess maybe taking ala right after ingesting some simple sugars (if you ever have any) would be good, not sure. but does ala really help you????

ALA did help me. And also yes i get prettysnappy if i dont for a while. SO i dont think its an excuse

georgie24 is offline Member
    yep its an exuse for her to bitch and whine

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder if I'm hypo? My ex used to say I got mean and bitchy if I didn't eat. Once I went to pick her up and just about crashed on her couch. I hadn't eaten for like 6 hours. Her daughter said to her that I looked scary and angry. But she said that when I laid eyes on her that I suddenly looked a lot better. Right after we left she had to drive me to a fastfood chain to get a chicken salad. I felt better after that.

Thread Information