The Natural is offline Associate Member

HCG midst cycle dosages

How do you run HCG in the middle of a cycle?
    Like this: 2500iu/day1 and 2500iu/day5
    or like this: 500iuED for 3wks

Just wanna clear things up...

G-S Guest
    Run 1000iu for 10 days, albeit I don't think you need it. I beleive it should only be used for LONG cycles.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I asked a related question a week or so ago. Diesel told me that a good rule of thumb is to use HCG in 15+ week cycles. From my research, you should run 500-1000 IU ED for a week (some go two) , mid cycle. Two weeks at the end, before PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    I asked a related question a week or so ago. Diesel told me that a good rule of thumb is to use HCG in 15+ week cycles. From my research, you should run 500-1000 IU ED for a week (some go two) , mid cycle. Two weeks at the end, before PCT.
    OK! By before PCT, do you mean, in my case, week 16-17?
    So I should do like 500IU in weeks 8-9 and 16-17?

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    hcg should be run for 12+ weeks cycles. run hcg at 500 iu/ed for 20 days and finish your last shoot the day u start clomid. dont run hcg while running clomid because it releases LH which can block the release of LH by your body inhibiting natural test. this mechanism was proposed by billy bathgate through trial and error !

Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    hcg should be run for 12+ weeks cycles. run hcg at 500 iu/ed for 20 days and finish your last shoot the day u start clomid. dont run hcg while running clomid because it releases LH which can block the release of LH by your body inhibiting natural test. this mechanism was proposed by billy bathgate through trial and error !
    But bro... doesnt hcg have a half life of 5 days???
    I think I read that in the profiles...

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural
    OK! By before PCT, do you mean, in my case, week 16-17?
    So I should do like 500IU in weeks 8-9 and 16-17?
    Yes.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've read it has a half-life of five days as well and I've always understood you need to wait at least a couple days after your last HCG shot before hitting the Clomid. It raises natural test levels and you need to have them low when you start Clomid. I waited 4 days myself just to be sure, though being really low on test that long sucked.

I've also understood that you should really only use HCG if you've got shrinkage -which is why it's recommended for long cycles. If you don't have shrinkage mid-cycle you shouldn't have to bother with it til you do, although if it were me, I'd hit 500iu/day 2days/week just to prevent it from happening, especially on a long cycle.
    Also if you do run it mid cycle you shouldn't have to run it past the point where you're back up to size -I went from below to over my pre-cycle size in under 10 days at 500 iu/day mid-cycle. The stuff really made me bounce back fast.

Also the reason for going 500iu/day rather than large doses less often is because the test spike that HCG causes can bring on gyno, especially if you're on estrogenic (or maybe the correct term is progesterenic?) gear like deca .

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I've read it has a half-life of five days as well and I've always understood you need to wait at least a couple days after your last HCG shot before hitting the Clomid. It raises natural test levels and you need to have them low when you start Clomid. I waited 4 days myself just to be sure, though being really low on test that long sucked.

I've also understood that you should really only use HCG if you've got shrinkage -which is why it's recommended for long cycles. If you don't have shrinkage mid-cycle you shouldn't have to bother with it til you do, although if it were me, I'd hit 500iu/day 2days/week just to prevent it from happening, especially on a long cycle.
    Also if you do run it mid cycle you shouldn't have to run it past the point where you're back up to size -I went from below to over my pre-cycle size in under 10 days at 500 iu/day mid-cycle. The stuff really made me bounce back fast.

Also the reason for going 500iu/day rather than large doses less often is because the test spike that HCG causes can bring on gyno, especially if you're on estrogenic (or maybe the correct term is progesterenic?) gear like deca.
    Thanks bro!

I'll do it like my signature does then... it will give it a couple of days before clomid!

Thread Information