alpineslide is offline Junior Member

increase propecia dosage on test ?

I use propecia 1 mg/ day right now. I'll be starting a cycle with 500 mg test enanthate and 500 mg equipoise per week soon. Should I increase the dosage of propecia to compensate for the extra dht that I'll have while on cycle? If so how much more should I take ?

Bump....hoping for at least one response

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    does the propecia actually work to begin with, im just wondering because im goin fuckin bald with or with out sauce and i was thinking of trieing it out...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    IMO dont increase the dose. But this would be a good topic of debate. So, bump for scottp or someone knowledgable in this subj.

bumping again for more response

detroit is offline Banned
    Im no doc, but Proscar (for inlarged prostate) is the exact same product as Propecia, but its 5mg of finasteride, instead of 1mg. Many people use proscar in place of propecia but cut it in 1/2 or quarters to get the same dosage (Proscar is about 1/2 the price of propecia). They say that a higher dosage will not get you more hair, though this could just be a safty precaution. Ive been taking Propecia for about 2 years, i wouldnt say that i have grown a ton more hair, but it has slowed the fall out. If your already bald, dont wast your money.

Now, some more info. About 6 months after i started taking propecia i got mild bitch tits. Went to the doc and he said its because the body now has more test in its system since its skipping the dht conversion (fyi i was not using gear at the time). I continued to take propecia and the gyno did go away a month after. So this leads me to believe that taking propecia while on gear would help in the hair dept, but increase your chances of gyno.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Propecia/Proscar will help with a test cycle. I would say that the difference between taking 1mg and 5mg is small.

Below is a chart compatring the DHT suppression of 5mg proscar/propecia to avodart which is the newer more effective drug.

I think DHT suppression with 1mg propecia is somewhere in the 60-70% range and you can see that 5mg does not offer very much more.

There are some great post here about how DHT is great and needed for building muscle. If you have 5mg proscar tabs you may want to take 2.5 mg two weeks before and throughout your cycle. It all depends on your genetics and how sensitive your individual follicles are to dht. I used proscar at 1.25 mg for 5 years and it was very good at stopping any more loss and thickening up a few thinner hairs. I started Avodart last December and it thickened things up all over the top of my head. There is really nothing out there to get back any hairline you lose. The name of the game is to start on proscar/propecia as soon as you notice thinning and it should at least keep what you have until something better comes along. Avodart is good to try as an OFF LABEL perscription (meaning it is only approved right now for BPH but phase 2 FDA trials showed great results for hairloss) if you do not see results with proscar. Take a look at www.medicalwellnesscenter.com for a legal way to get avodart via an online doctors consult where they will mail you a perscription you can take to a local pharmacy. It's expensive at about $75 a month.

I have not had any side effects from either drug. My first cycle was test only 500mg for 10 weeks. I ran .5mg avodart daily and had no hairloss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails increase propecia dosage on test ?-dutas5argraph3.gif  

Thread Information