Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Krulintent's Avatar
    Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    72

    Need some advice.

    ...Okay. I'm wondering if I could start out with a simple, 300mg a week Equipoise cycle. It's my first, so my receptors should be responsive to any change, right? What I really want is to do 500mg Enanthate , and 200mg Equipoise per week, for 12 weeks, take about 15 weeks off to come back to normal, then hit a new cycle again so I'll be prime for the summer. But my real question is, has anyone ever done such a simple cycle as just using Equipoise? If so, how did it work, or if you think I'm totally out of line even thinking about it, tell me please.

  2. #2
    FrkyBgStok's Avatar
    FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    1,399
    i would do the simple cycle of just test.

  3. #3
    Nailer's Avatar
    Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    10110101
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulintent
    ...Okay. I'm wondering if I could start out with a simple, 300mg a week Equipoise cycle. It's my first, so my receptors should be responsive to any change, right? What I really want is to do 500mg Enanthate, and 200mg Equipoise per week, for 12 weeks, take about 15 weeks off to come back to normal, then hit a new cycle again so I'll be prime for the summer. But my real question is, has anyone ever done such a simple cycle as just using Equipoise? If so, how did it work, or if you think I'm totally out of line even thinking about it, tell me please.

    Age?Training history?Diet?Routine? IMHO I would not take a EQ only cycle, especially for my first cycle and the cycle you laid out (1-12 200mg EQ W) is too low of a dose any way. Stay with 1-10 500mg Test En. and run proper anti-e's/PCT.

    N

  4. #4
    TrenFreak3's Avatar
    TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    233
    i would bump the eq to about 300-400 mg a week to see good results. Im running enan- 500 mg a week and eq 400 mg a week and loving it.

  5. #5
    willBbig1day is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    the south
    Posts
    60
    from what i have learned on this forum you should go with a 10 to 12 week cycle of 500mg a week of test e using liquidex to control bloat with novla on hand in case of gyno and clomid for PCT this is what i am doing for my 1st cycle, hope this helps and i dont think 300mg of eq alone would do you much good but thats just my 2 cents

  6. #6
    Krulintent's Avatar
    Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    72
    ...my stats are: 22 years old..23 this month. 206 lbs natural, lifetime. 6ft1in, pretty low body fat. Not sure...calipers tell me probably 12-14%. I'll include a link to my pictures. It's here http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=69993

    I've been bodybuilding for about 4 years or so, and have been on a plateau for a while now.

  7. #7
    Krulintent's Avatar
    Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    72
    oh...and my training and diet....Currently, there are no rules to my diet. I eat about 400 grams of fat, 500 grams of carbs, and about 300 grams of protien, pretty much, however I can get it. I'm trying to bulk up. During the summer, I eat absolutly perfect, and usually stay around 190, and about 5-7% bodyfat. My training is currently one muscle group per day, all heavy. Just trying to add some serious strength over the winter.

  8. #8
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,396
    An equipoise -only cycle at 400mg per week (based on reading several posts when I originally researched EQ) will probably yeild about 5-10lbs. of lean muscle (closer to 5 lbs) in 10 weeks.

    If I had to choose between EQ and testosterone , I'd choose a long lasting ester of testosterone (such as cypionate or enanthate ) for a single steriod cycle because testosterone can help you gain more lean muscle mass than EQ. Depending on your body's reaction to testosterone, sensitivity to estrogen, etcetera, you might not bloat much on a 250mg-400mg cycle of testosterone only. If you are concerned about bloating while using test, run an anti-estrogen (anti-e) with it such as arimidex or liquidex.

    Unless you're running an EQ-only cycle over a long period of time (10 or more weeks), you might find the results dissappointing.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-04-2003 at 07:53 PM.

  9. #9
    Krulintent's Avatar
    Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    72
    ...The main reason I asked this, was because I can have the Eq. tomorrow morning if I wanted it. The Enanthate is up in the air, I don't know when I can get it, or anything else, aside from a little Trenbolone . And Eq. is so cheap. This settles it though. I'm going to wait for the Enanthate. My question now would be, should I go ahead and get Eq. as well, and run about 400mg a week, or do you think that for my first cycle, Enanthate would be strong enough by itself. Would I benefit more from 200 dollars worth of Eq., or 200 dollars worth of supplements while I'm on the Enanthate?

  10. #10
    Nailer's Avatar
    Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    10110101
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulintent
    ...The main reason I asked this, was because I can have the Eq. tomorrow morning if I wanted it. The Enanthate is up in the air, I don't know when I can get it, or anything else, aside from a little Trenbolone. And Eq. is so cheap. This settles it though. I'm going to wait for the Enanthate. My question now would be, should I go ahead and get Eq. as well, and run about 400mg a week, or do you think that for my first cycle, Enanthate would be strong enough by itself. Would I benefit more from 200 dollars worth of Eq., or 200 dollars worth of supplements while I'm on the Enanthate?
    IMO use your money to buy 2 10ml. vials of Test Enan. 250, Nolva and Clomid. Run this:

    1 -10 Enan 500mg
    1 - PCT Nolva 10mg ED
    2 weeks after last injection start PCT:
    Day 1 300mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva
    Day 2 - 11 100mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva
    Day 12 - 21 50mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva

  11. #11
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    IMO use your money to buy 2 10ml. vials of Test Enan. 250, Nolva and Clomid. Run this:

    1 -10 Enan 500mg
    1 - PCT Nolva 10mg ED
    2 weeks after last injection start PCT:
    Day 1 300mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva
    Day 2 - 11 100mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva
    Day 12 - 21 50mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva

    If you run the testosterone alone, you can run it at 250mg-400mg per week. I would definitely have Nolvadex on hand but I would not run it with the Clomid (PCT-"post cycle therapy ") unless you have signs of gyno.

    If you run the testosterone with the EQ a good first cycle would be 10-12 weeks of:
    250-400mg per week of testosterone* and
    300-400mg per week of EQ

    *--NOTE: This is long lasting testosterone ester such as cypionate or enanthate

    Since EQ tends to kick in late in a cycle (at the 4-5th week) people tend to like to run cycles including EQ at 10 or more weeks. Since this is your first cycle, a 10-12 week cycle should be sufficient.

    My best direct suggestion for a newbie is to use testosterone only at 250-400mg per week. See how your body reacts on this cycle then stack (i.e. use more than one steroid ) after your first cycle.

    Best of luck.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-04-2003 at 08:20 PM.

  12. #12
    Nailer's Avatar
    Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    10110101
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    If you run the testosterone alone, you can run it at 250mg-400mg per week. I would definitely have Nolvadex on hand but I would not run it with the Clomid (PCT-"post cycle therapy ") unless you have signs of gyno.

    If you run the testosterone with the EQ a good first cycle would be 10-12 weeks of:
    250-400mg per week of testosterone* and
    300-400mg per week of EQ

    *--NOTE: This is long lasting testosterone ester such as cypionate or enanthate

    Since EQ tends to kick in late in a cycle (at the 4-5th week) people tend to like to run cycles including EQ at 10 or more weeks. Since this is your first cycle, a 10-12 week cycle would be sufficient.

    My best direct advice to you is to use testosterone only at 250-400mg per week. See how your body reacts on this cycle then stack (ie use more than one steroid ) after your first cycle.

    Best of luck.
    I said 500mg Test Enan. because in my mind it made no sense to waste 1000mg. I guess you can start with 400mg and run it for 12 weeks, see how your body reacts and up dosage as such. IMO 250mg of Test En. is too low. My 2 c.

  13. #13
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,540
    Every vial I have had has been a little underfilled and you always loose a little gear in needles, if you shoot some out accidently, or can't get every last drop out of the bottle. Remember to get a little more than what you need or you may come up short.

    400 mg per week teste at 10 weeks (2vials should cover you) sounds like a good start. Have all of your clomid, nova, liqudex, needles in hand before you start.

    Plus at 400mg - shooting twice per week you will be doing less than 1 cc per shot which can be comforting for your first go around. The less time the needle (prob need about 30-35 seconds)is in, the less chance you will move it around and cause any additional pain/soreness, with less than 1cc per inject you should barely feel anything the next morning if you follow all of the proper inject procedures.
    Last edited by scottp999; 11-04-2003 at 08:32 PM.

  14. #14
    Krulintent's Avatar
    Krulintent is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    72
    Thanks alot for the advice. My next question was going to be about Clomid, proviron , nolvadex ...things like that, but Nailer answered those questions already. Thanks Nailer. And thanks BASK8KACE for the further education on terms and such. I still have alot to learn, and am trying to "cram" before my first cycle. I do appreciate all the help guys. I'll take your advice BASK8KACE, and go with just Enanthate for the first cycle, but I'll take Nailers advice and go with 500mg, since it will be the only thing I'm running. As far as using Nolvadex, if I did want to take it, just to be sure, are there any side effects to worry about, that I wouldn't have to worry about if I didn't take it? Or will I just be saving money?

  15. #15
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulintent
    T As far as using Nolvadex, if I did want to take it, just to be sure, are there any side effects to worry about, that I wouldn't have to worry about if I didn't take it? Or will I just be saving money?
    Get the nolva, enough for 20mg per day through your cycle. Remember Test E will be in you system 2 weeks after your last shot, count those days plus another 21 for clomid therapy. Nolva is cheap. It will keep bloating down and prevent gyno.

    Clomid starts 14 days after last shot at 300mg day 1, 100 mg day 2-11 and 50mg day 12-21. It is relatively cheap as well, will help you keep gains and get your natural test production going again.

    I personally would also have a bottle of liquidex on hand as well in case you need to reduce estrogen levels even more to prevent side effects.

  16. #16
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulintent
    Thanks alot for the advice. My next question was going to be about Clomid, proviron, nolvadex...things like that, but Nailer answered those questions already. Thanks Nailer. And thanks BASK8KACE for the further education on terms and such. I still have alot to learn, and am trying to "cram" before my first cycle. I do appreciate all the help guys. I'll take your advice BASK8KACE, and go with just Enanthate for the first cycle, but I'll take Nailers advice and go with 500mg, since it will be the only thing I'm running. As far as using Nolvadex, if I did want to take it, just to be sure, are there any side effects to worry about, that I wouldn't have to worry about if I didn't take it? Or will I just be saving money?

    The only reason you need to take Nolvadex is if you have signs of gyno or you know you are prone to gyno.

    500mg per week for your first cycle is a lot. You might want to take time to do a search using my screen name and the term "low dose" to learn a bit more. If you can grow 20-25lbs on 250-300mg of testosterone per week why run 500mg?

    The low dose debate has been covered on many posts. Do a search and you'll find out more.

    Krulintent,
    I think you might want to take some more time to do a search on nolvadex and post cycle therapy (use of clomid after a cycle is through). There is information you need to understand about how long to wait after a cycle before starting PCT. For example if you are using test enanthate , you'd wait 2 weeks before PCT. If you are using EQ, you'd wait 3 weeks. (Based on how long the given AS takes to leave your body).

    Take some more time to read before you jump into your cycle.

    Again--do not run the nolvadex unless you show signs of gyno. But it is important to buy it and keep it on hand in case of an emergency.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-04-2003 at 08:41 PM.

  17. #17
    Nailer's Avatar
    Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    10110101
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulintent
    As far as using Nolvadex, if I did want to take it, just to be sure, are there any side effects to worry about, that I wouldn't have to worry about if I didn't take it? Or will I just be saving money?
    No you will not be wasting your money. running Nolva as your anti-e is essential. Clomid is a weak anti-e, but is also essential to keep gains, and level testosterone levels . both are essential and are as or even more important as the gear in your cycle. and No problem Krul, PM me when ever you need any thing. Best of luck bro.

  18. #18
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    No you will not be wasting your money. running Nolva as your anti-e is essential. Clomid is a weak anti-e, but is also essential to keep gains, and level testosterone levels. both are essential and are as or even more important as the gear in your cycle. and No problem Krul, PM me when ever you need any thing. Best of luck bro.

    Nailer,

    If a person is not prone to getting gyno or excessive bloating, running nolvadex is not essential. Since Krulintent is a newbie, it might be more helpful to him to understand the reasons behind certain choices. Many people run cycles without anti-e's if they have no problems with excessive estrogen related effects such as bloat and gyno.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •