Thread: IS AS addictive

bex
    bex is offline Banned

IS AS addictive

Are anabolic steroids addictive?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An undetermined percentage of steroid abusers become addicted to the drugs, as evidenced by their continuing to take steroids in spite of physical problems, negative effects on social relations, or nervousness and irritability. Also, they spend large amounts of time and money obtaining the drugs and experience withdrawal symptoms such as mood swings, fatigue, restlessness, loss of appetite, insomnia, reduced sex drive, and the desire to take more steroids. The most dangerous of the withdrawal symptoms is depression, because it sometimes leads to suicide attempts. Untreated, some depressive symptoms associated with anabolic steroid withdrawal have been known to persist for a year or more after the abuser stops taking the drugs.

WELL OVER TO YOU GUYS.....

jersey juice is offline Member
    Only mentally if you let it. AS is not chemically addictive like heroin or cocaine, BUT it can become mentally addictive when one day your benching 325 for 5 and a few weeks later struggling with 295 for 1, that'll fuck with your head. That & you loose that hardness and the "edge".

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Re: IS AS addictive

Originally posted by bexsome
    Are anabolic steroids addictive?
    YES!

Rarely does someone do just one cycle.

Re: Re: IS AS addictive

Originally posted by arthurb999

YES!

Rarely does someone do just one cycle.
    That goes back to what I said about it being a mental thing.

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    i must be addicted....whenever i take about 5 mg of clen , i get the SHAKES wanting more (just kidding)......

ps..dont take that much clen, your heart will explode..........some people take shit literally, so i have to be careful about joking or some new guy will say, "viper took 5 mg of clen so it must be ok"......

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    not physically. but mentally(if there is such a thing) they are very addicting. once you get a good cycle under your belt, it will be really hard to go back to natural. 99.9% of the people who use aas, have a problem with being clean, at least for a while.

planetx is offline Associate Member
    BUT it can become mentally addictive when one day your benching 325 for 5 and a few weeks later struggling with 295 for 1, that'll fuck with your head. That & you loose that hardness and the "edge".
    jersey juice
    Hits it on the Nail, spot on. A psychological thing.

or JJ, what about when you are on the shore jacked as shit, fresh on a winny, eq, primob, t3 cycle?? Every guy and girl looking at ya.

Are they psychologically addictive?

Hell, I'll never go to the beach again w/o being on a cycle of some sort. LOL.....

planet

atwa is offline Associate Member
    its all in the brain.

Originally posted by planetx

Hell, I'll never go to the beach again w/o being on a cycle of some sort. LOL.....

planet
    Yea, so true. The beach is meant to be jakked up, funny thing is you can see everyone else who's jakked up too, kinda like comparing notes.

Ron C is offline New Member

I'd say yes!

Kinda new to the game, but I would definitely agree on the mental thing. One of my biggest issues is always wanting to order so i can "stock up" on future cycles. Always that fear that the sources that are here may not be here in the future. Got a family , so I have to order in small amounts anyway-especially since the wifey caught me placing orders w/o her knowledge. One thing I always told myself when I started was that the day the drugs started affecting my relationship w/ my family then I would quit. Family comes before anything!

4plates is offline Banned
    i would say that they are NOT addictive ,but i would sell my left ,shrivled nut, to get a cycle.hehehe j/k

MeBoach is offline New Member
    I don't think they are additive. I think the effects are addictive, though. I mean, who wouldn't want to have that extra edge while lifting?

Would you eat a burger without ketchup? Nah...

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    No, they are not addictive! I am not an addict! I'm in week 4 of a cycle now, and I could quit right now if I wanted to. I could! Really! I just don't need to stop right now. I'll stop when my cycle ends.....for a while anyway.

MeBoach is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Black Stang
    No, they are not addictive! I am not an addict! I'm in week 4 of a cycle now, and I could quit right now if I wanted to. I could! Really! I just don't need to stop right now. I'll stop when my cycle ends.....for a while anyway.
    That better be a GT stang, bro...

It's a 35th anniversary '99' GT

Molle_23 is offline New Member
    addictive as hell I would say !!!! Mentally anyway....

bigreb is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by sk*
    there is no such thing as physically getting addicted to anything
    it's all mental

even if you drink all your life, it's still in your mind

steroids are addictive, no shit
    Although some drugs ARE physically addicting, like sk* said 95% of all addictions are mental. The physical side is overrated and often used as a denial tool. Bottom line- I've never done ONE of any thing in my life, and I don't think many AS users are "wired" for the just one thing either. But wtf, it beats crack!

Originally posted by sk*

there is no such thing as physical anything, everything is in the mind

not just drugs, everything you see, everything you hear
    it is only in your mind, nothing else

it is a figment of your imagination, simply put

SK* I think you've been trippen on more than just AS bro.

The original jason Guest
    Every time i see this subject arise I cringe with anticipation of all the bullshit opinions that will arise. Whether or not a substance is addictive ??? ok lets look at this

addictive substance = physical and/or mental dependany a physical compulsion combined with a mental obsession

Phsically addictive = need this substance to feel normal cos of prolonged use body has become used to it developed tolerance and without it feel PHYSICALLYunwell

Mentally addictive or mental obsession with substance = Constant mentall obsession with thinking this chemical is going to help me feel better going to make my life easier gonna get me bigger when im bigger i will feel better and people will respect me more and less people will fuck with me all those sort of thoughts are your mind finding ways to trick you to continue using more due to mentall obsession.

Addiction in general when refered to is nothing to do with substance it is a personal state of mind, state of being something we live with it is now classed as a disease from many medical boards. People who suffer with addiction are stereotyped bad people by many but many people are starting to realise the true reality of this killer disease, its the only disease ever know that tells you, you havent even got it!!!!. People who are addicts really suffer and are not bad people addiction is incurable but can be arrested ie dealt with on a daily basis but will alaways be with those that suffer from it. It manifests itself in many ways more than chemicals ie,food,spending,sex,gambling and so on.

Therefore can we ask if steroids are addictive????

If the person is an addict by nature then juice can become addictive when you say that you have been on so long that you have no natural test production that you need it to feel ok?? and your head tells you that you need it to stay big and without it you will be small and feel shitty and so on then this is mentall obsession mixed with a kind of physical compulsion I wouldnt compare it to heroin withdrawal myself.

It can definately cause mentall obsession more than physical compulsion especially as juicin is playin with your hormones.

Things to consider

1.do you stay on longer than you planned to??

2.do you inject extra amps for the sake of it or stay on longer due to what your head tells you might happen???

3.do you feel like you need steroids to be normal???

4.do you juice again before you have stayed off the right amount of time???

answering yes to any of the above could be signs of addiction however addiction is only ever self diagnosed so no one can tell you, you are addicted

opposites might be

rational decsions to juice through research and plans
    planning cycles well and sticking to plans no matter what
    stopping on time
    staying off for the right amount of time

saying all this there are no set rules just cos you dont stay off right time doesnt mean you are an addict thats it you have to decide for yourself

hope that sheds some light on the situation

Peace
    JAson

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    When can steroids be considered addictive?

Addiction has been defined (by Dr. David Smith of the Haight-
    Ashbury Clinic in San Francisco) as:

Compulsive use with loss of control, and
    continued use despite adverse consequences.

When the use of any drug or substance, including steroids,
    fits this description, the drug user has an addiction
    problem.(1) The characteristics of steroid addiction have
    been described as follows2)

1) Hormone is used over longer periods than desired.
    2) Attempts are made to stop without success.
    3) Substantial time is spent obtaining, using, or recovering
    from the hormones.
    4) Use continues despite knowledge of significant
    psychological problems caused by the hormones.
    5) Characteristic withdrawal symptoms occur.
    6) Hormone use is resumed to relieve these withdrawal
    symptoms.

People who are dependent on anabolic steroids frequently began
    to use them before age 16.(3) They take more cycles of
    steroids for longer periods of time, and take many different types
    of steroids at once.(3,4) They feel that their peers
    use anabolics, and perceive themselves as having less strength or
    smaller body size than their peers.(3,4) By contrast,
    there are no reports of anabolic steroid dependence caused by
    legitimate medical use.(3) In a psychological study of
    eight weightlifters, all eight had at least two symptoms of drug
    dependence on steroids. Six of them met the American Psychiatric
    Association's DSM-III-R definition of addiction.(5)

REFERENCES

1. Brower KJ, Blow FC, Beresford TP, Fuelling C. Anabolic
    androgenic steroid dependence. J Clin Psychiatry 1989
    Jan;50(1):31-3.

2. Kashkin KB, Kleber HD. Hooked on hormones - an anabolic
    steroid addiction hypothesis. JAMA J Am Med Assoc 1989 Dec
    8;262(22):3166-70.

3. Brower KJ. Addictive potential of anabolic steroids .
    Psychiatric Annals 1992 Jan;22(1):30-4.

4. Hays LR, Littleton S, Stillner V. Anabolic steroid dependence.
    Am J Psychiatry 1990;147(1):122.

5. Brower KJ, Eliopulos GA, Blow FC, Catlin DH, Beresford TP.
    Evidence for physical and psychological dependence on anabolic
    androgenic steroids in 8 weight lifters. American Journal Of
    Psychiatry 1990 Apr;147(4):510-2.

by Trent Tschirgi, R. Ph.
    (c) 1992 University of Maryland Office of Substance Abuse Studies.

The original jason Guest
    Hmm well to be honest dont agree with some things there is a small point but not much relevance going on there, I was talkin from experience

People who are dependent on anabolic steroids frequently began to use them before age 16
    what sort of a remark is that?? dependant people with addiction problems lie to themselves never mind the bullshit they or should I say we tell others, dependancy starts at the time of discovery for people who have the addictive personality whenever that may be in my experince there is no set age( I have been in contact with untold dependant people)

When the use of any drug or substance, including steroids , fits this description, the drug user has an addiction
    problem..
    maybe in someone elses eyes however that is irrelevant people dont stop till they admit the problem themselves no point anyone diagnosing anyone else as dependant wtf good will that do?? if you are dependant you wont listen to anyone anyway like I said above addiction is the only disease that tells you you havent got it!!!!

anyway I feel strongly about this subject cos I have been around it and seen the suffering for the last 15 years please feel free to offer any relevant information

peace
    Jason

Not every addiction sad to say is in the mind, take heroin for example, if your body doesn't get it, you get violently ill, throwing up, shaking, convulsing and just out of control. Yes with AS it's all in the mind, but crack & heroin your body has to be weened off it because it is a chemical dependency.

I'm not addicted this is my last cycle....lol

planetx is offline Associate Member
    I'm not addicted this is my last cycle....lol
    Tyler Durden
    Do I hear an echo in here??? I said the same thing 3-4 years ago.

planetx

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Getting strong, lean and big is addictive.

heavyonly is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Black Stang
    It's a 35th anniversary '99' GT

Originally posted by heavyonly

Bring that ram air on heavyonly! Hope that ram air system runs well on my exhaust fumes!

powerlifter450 is offline New Member
    Yes,they are very very addictive.You don't want to get hooked on Anabolic /anadrogenic steroids .Save yourself.Send me all your steroids NOW!

Out_A_Bounz is offline New Member
    coke is chemically addictive? wow!

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Look, I'm tired of crack and heroin getting a bad rap. Sure alot of folks have a problem with it but that's them, not me! Crack isn't bad for you and neither is heroin, don't be fooled just because the track marks on my arms look like freeways and I'm missing most of my teeth fool you. So what if I've sucked a little dick to feed my so called addiction... or sold a few of my children... who hasn't! All this and I'm a healthy 6' tall and 89lbs.!

As for A.S. now that's a fucked up addiction... so sad to see the effects of them on someone. Overweight 240lbs lard asses with about 8% bf... that's just fucken sickening!

LMAO G Child!

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    I love when I hear "Im only going to do one small cycle"

has anyone on this board honestly only done one cycle WITHOUT planning on doing another?

POWERSTR0KE is offline New Member
    In my opinion, the negative effects on social relations caused from a cycle of AS is determination, The user is determined to get the most out of their cycle. While on a cycle, I quit going out to the bars and clubs, The reason ? Why drink and kill a good day at the gym ? I can't count the number off times in my life I have gone out on a saturday night, got hammered, woke up sunday afternoon, ordered chinese food, stuffed my face and went back to bed feeling like absolute hell. You guys know how much time is involved with working out, cardio, eating right, etc. etc.

As far as being addictive, Yeah, I guess, just like anything else that makes you feel good. Personally, I can't wait to do my next cycle.

Look at these people who are 20% BF or more, and don't care or do a thing about it. They are not healthy, and deep down inside they are not happy.

I think all of us here have the willpower and determination to do anything we want. If any of us wanted to give up AS we could.
    I think the hardest thing in life is having and maintaining a healthy, fit body. If AS help you to do that, then why not, as long as you have the education about what you are doing.

-H

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    additive na.. no way.. never... nope not a chance.. oh I need to go do my daily shot of test and take my daily dose of dbol ..
    HELL YEAH AS CAN BE ADDICTIVE. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are. To me it isnt' the drugs, themselves, it is the feeling I get when I am on AS. They give me so much confidence, cause I look bigger, feel stronger, and just look overall better. (I think it is more mental than anything).

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Addictive?

My opinion YES very much so! Your body doesn't need it, its all in your head. I said yea im only gonna do one lil cycle, now 20 amps of sus and bottle of deca later i still want more and more and more. So i decided to bridge that and my next cycle with some eq(currently). Im not an addict

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    lamo-gchild

Thread Information