Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    biggen is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Well... It'd be "Do steroids make you smarter", not "does", so it seems not.
    ahahahahahaha.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry BLT, I didnt mean that as a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Again, The flaming has to stop. I've asked far worse questions when I came on this board, and I was always treated with respect.

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    woooooow dude, thats a little too much.
    LMAO- for shizzle my nizzle!

Foxy Sphinx is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    They do not.
    WRONG.

Testosterone's Influence on the Brain

The male hormone, testosterone , does more than you think. Its claim to fame once was its effect on a man's reproductive system. Now, new research indicates that it also can influence the brain. It aids memory and protects the brain from the memory-impairing disorder, Alzheimer's disease, according to thestudies. The findings may lead to new therapies, particularly for older men.

For a while it seemed that women had a leg up in the battle of the sexes.

Over the years, much research on estrogen indicated that, in addition to influencing a woman's reproductive functions, this "female" hormone also helps a variety of brain functions, including memory. Now, recent studies find evidence that evens the playing field. The "male" hormone, testosterone, known for its role in maintaining a man's reproductive system, shares estrogen's double duty. The research is leading to:
    * Possible new brain-aiding therapies, particularly for older men who, like older women, appear to experience a hormone decrease as they age.
    * A better understanding of how testosterone interacts with other players in the brain to carry out many tasks.

Testosterone and estrogen were thought to do no more than activate and oversee the male and female organ systems that produce offspring. Then in the 1970s, researchers found evidence that mature female rats had brain cells with receiving areas, known as receptors, which were specifically constructed to process estrogen. This suggested that a woman's estrogen could help the brain perform certain duties. Since that time, many studies indicate that the hormone can aid memory in women as well as protect their brains from developing ailments such as the memory impairing disorder, Alzheimer's disease (AD).

Taking this lead, researchers recently examined the male side and found that testosterone also provides men with some brain advantages.

For example, new studies show that supplements of testosterone can aid certain types of memory in men. Working memory, which allows you to manipulate information over brief periods of time in order to make a response, improves. Verbal memory, which helps you recall lists of words, and spatial memory, which helps you navigate a route, also benefit.

Other work suggests that testosterone, like estrogen, may help prevent the development of AD and its resulting memory decline. Scientists found that compared with healthy men, those with AD have lower levels of testosterone . Another group found that testosterone supplements improved verbal and spatial memory in a small group of men with AD. The researchers currently are testing more patients to confirm the results.

Testosterone may prevent AD by warding off the brain destruction that marks the ailment. Studies of rat brain cells found that the hormone limits the production of beta-amyloid peptides. These sticky protein fragments, thought to be a prime contributor to AD, build up into small, round deposits and clog the brains of people with the disease.

The hormone also may help ward off AD by directly preventing brain cell death. In studies, researchers manipulated human brain cells, sending them on a course to die. Adding doses of testosterone, however, limited the cell death (see images).

While together the results show a new positive side to testosterone, scientists say they need to conduct more research before they would encourage people to take testosterone supplements for brain aid. With its benefits, the powerful hormone also may create some negative effects. For example, some believe that it may spur the development of prostate cancer in certain recipients. Additional studies on large groups of people will help researchers evaluate whether the pluses of testosterone supplementation outweigh the minuses.

Scientists also plan to define the specific mechanisms that carry out the brain benefit. Currently, they are using brain-imaging techniques and molecular methods to track how testosterone induces its actions. Testosterone can convert to estrogen in the brain, so as part of this work, they also want to know whether the benefits are directly from testosterone or from mechanisms that occur after its conversion. Researchers are testing this by blocking an enzyme that converts testosterone to see if it can still create positive effects. Armed with specific information on how testosterone works, a drug might be developed that activates only the positive effects without unwanted side effects.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Sphinx
    Scientists also plan to define the specific mechanisms that carry out the brain benefit. Currently, they are using brain-imaging techniques and molecular methods to track how testosterone induces its actions. Testosterone can convert to estrogen in the brain, so as part of this work, they also want to know whether the benefits are directly from testosterone or from mechanisms that occur after its conversion. Researchers are testing this by blocking an enzyme that converts testosterone to see if it can still create positive effects. Armed with specific information on how testosterone works, a drug might be developed that activates only the positive effects without unwanted side effects.
    Flames off. I regret I jumped on the bandwaggon. Moving along:

Even if most of the claims from the article were to be found factual. Even if this ending paragraph was concluded to find that testosterone was the underlying cause and not conversion to estrogen. Then testosterone might be comparable to ginko biloba which is reported to aid memory.

The characterstics you mentioned in your openning thread seem more like the effects of hyper activity that increased your focus, and helped attenuate distractions. The more self aware of this you became the more you were able to focus. Chain reaction. Your mental achievment was truly a mental achievment.

In my opinion for what it is worth is that it was more like an individual indirect effect.Doc

Doc

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    Foxy...quote a source with all this info. It isn't all comming from your imperical research...

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Here's my take on it...
    I was diagnossed as having depression earlier this year. Some of the symptoms were not being able to focus/not feeling "connected"/poor memory recall/etc
    My doc gave me Zoloft and it seemed to help with some of the symptoms, but KILLED my libido. I got off of it and on to Test(by Rx no less!)...99% of my depression symptoms are gone and I feel sharp as a whip....memory seems better than ever, recollection is better than ever,etc

So I submit that perhaps you were suffering from depression and forgot what you were like initially, the test brought you back up to par.

JMHO

D

I just wish there were more intelligent people like foxy, I really do. People like foxy spend a LOT of time researching, reading, and intepreting and analyzing events. Foxy should be an examample of what we all should be like..We should all think for ourselves, and of course, act with professionalism and not with immaturity. Keep up the good work foxy!

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    this is good shit i think he deserves it

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Beast
    I just wish there were more intelligent people like foxy, I really do. People like foxy spend a LOT of time researching, reading, and intepreting and analyzing events. Foxy should be an examample of what we all should be like..We should all think for ourselves, and of course, act with professionalism and not with immaturity. Keep up the good work foxy!

Are Foxy & Powerful Beast the same person?

D

Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Are Foxy & Powerful Beast the same person?

D

howcome anytime anyone agrees with me or makes some kind of compliment towards me you people have to try and debunk it and turn it around as being me doing something?

Some of the members, albeit, not all, but most who've replied to my posts, are the scum of the boards, you have no knowledge, you run full boar into personal attacks on myself, and try to debunk everything about me.

I have my specualtions, for instance, you all cant handle my radically different perspectives from yours, you dont like the fact that I dont fall in line with the rest of you when im told to do so, you dont like somone who doesnt submit to your ideas and opinions shared by you and your friends.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Here's my take on it...
    I was diagnossed as having depression earlier this year. Some of the symptoms were not being able to focus/not feeling "connected"/poor memory recall/etc
    My doc gave me Zoloft and it seemed to help with some of the symptoms, but KILLED my libido. I got off of it and on to Test(by Rx no less!)...99% of my depression symptoms are gone and I feel sharp as a whip....memory seems better than ever, recollection is better than ever,etc

So I submit that perhaps you were suffering from depression and forgot what you were like initially, the test brought you back up to par.

JMHO

D

Same here bro. I maybe had slight depression, but I have very poor memory, not being able to focus, no energy, no motivation, etc... Once I found out I had LOW test levels and was put on HRT, all those symptoms went away. I feel soo much better, I can even begin to describe.

Great post DENT!!!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I would say its definately a placebo effect man....oh bdtr, you might wanna see what this man had to say to you in my latest convo with him on AIM.

You can guess who Anabolic beast is i guess.....lol

AnabolicBeast: lol, whats he sayin about me? if he talkin shit about me...ill kick his ass
    Big Guy827 LR: lol
    AnabolicBeast: hey u like my posts? every single one I do are very popular ones
    Big Guy827 LR: haha
    Big Guy827 LR: I've seen a few
    AnabolicBeast: like the "does steroids make u smarter"
    AnabolicBeast: and the I am 18 years old and I juice
    AnabolicBeast: lol
    AnabolicBeast: I think im callin it quits to anabolic review board
    AnabolicBeast: everybody on that board is fucking gay
    Big Guy827 LR: why?
    Big Guy827 LR: Who?
    AnabolicBeast: BDTR
    AnabolicBeast: Mod vet post whore
    AnabolicBeast: He's a fucking loser
    Big Guy827 LR: Aw hell no
    AnabolicBeast: dude
    Big Guy827 LR: hes cool dude
    AnabolicBeast: all he does is make fun of me
    Big Guy827 LR: What for?
    AnabolicBeast: because he lacks intelligence man
    AnabolicBeast: he wants to cover his stupidness up by joking and flaming other people..
    AnabolicBeast: look at the does steroids make u smarter board..he said nasty shit about me
    Big Guy827 LR: send me the thread
    AnabolicBeast: its first topic on steroid questions
    Big Guy827 LR: aight cool
    AnabolicBeast: see what i mean??
    Big Guy827 LR: Your sn is Powerful Beast?
    Big Guy827 LR: i thought it was retarded mideget man
    AnabolicBeast: its powerful beast dude
    Big Guy827 LR: ohhhh
    Big Guy827 LR: lmao
    Big Guy827 LR: steroids don't make you smarter dude. lol
    Big Guy827 LR: I wish they would
    AnabolicBeast: it does!
    AnabolicBeast: read foxy's article
    AnabolicBeast: foxy is the man!
    Big Guy827 LR: Dude, if it did bdtr would be the smartest. hes pumped so much juice in his body you wouldn't believe.
    AnabolicBeast: how much juice does he pump in his body?
    Big Guy827 LR: Dude holy shit
    Big Guy827 LR: hes gone on sooo many cycles
    Big Guy827 LR: Its a placebo effect bro
    AnabolicBeast: i dont know his history very good
    AnabolicBeast: he dont look that big in his pic tho
    AnabolicBeast: tiny biceps, flat chest and so on
    Big Guy827 LR: jesus christ
    Big Guy827 LR: hes fucking huge
    AnabolicBeast: lol well one thing i tell u
    AnabolicBeast: he aint gunna be living for long now
    AnabolicBeast: fuck him

I originally had a much nastier post written here, but ill nut shell it.

Un-fucking-beleivable, its not placebo effect AT ALL YOU GOD DAMN ____.

STOP LYING.

Shit man sorry....lol Dont take it so personally.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Do steroids make you smarter?

No one can say for sure. You can have all the studies you want, but the fact is we are born with a certain IQ that you will keep for life assuming no brain damage. Maybe some people can claim it made them smarter, but the only way to prove that is through an IQ test. A claim that you can think more clearly, concentrate more, and become more motivated while on AAS has absolutely nothing to do with increasing intelligence.

Um, if that conversation was real between you too, you SHOULDN"T OF posted on the board. You broke someone's trust. NOT GOOD, bro!

Swellin Guest
    Um, if that conversation was real between you too, you SHOULDN"T OF posted on the board. You broke someone's trust. NOT GOOD, bro!
    I have to agree with BLT. While I understand your intent, I think your method could have used a bit of tact.

I mainly put it because the guy has some deathwish towards bdtr. Bdtr has done nothing to him really, and hes saying he is going to destroy him, so I figure he would like to know who his "Killer" may be

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Agreed, taking out some letters in his screen name would have been more respectful, but this thread is full of belligerence. This thread is nearing its end for usefulnesss info.

Doc

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I have to honestly say Foxy Sphinx is the worst member I've seen on this board yet.I truly hope you go away soon and find a job.I so don't like you and your text book writings.PLease get a job you highschool drop out!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Wow... i wish i wasn't a small weakass. btw, 20 inch biceps, a 22 inch neck, 30 inch quads and benching around 500 might be small to you and my chest may look flat but it's probably because my friggin neck/traps and shoulders overpower them... but what can i say big guy, you're a beast!

Oh and i had no problem with you to start out with, i was pointing out that you said "does steroids make you smarter?". Just a little good humored fun, oh the irony of it all. Oh and if you want to "kick my ass" feel free bro, ill be glad to talk with you face to face if you're ever on the east coast, until then, shut your mouth. I'm tired of lame ass net drama. Good luck with whatever dbol only cycle you decide to run in the future, but right now i gotta go be a powerful beast with my girlfriend in bed. Just dont start blabbing your mouth to people how you're going to kick my ass, writing checks you wont even begin to attempt to cash gets lame. BTW, i've been juicing since you were 9 years old playing on a swing set and having mock battles with GI joe dolls. So in turn, sorry KID if i hurt your feelings, maybe you can buy a sense of humor somewhere. END IT einstein, shoot some test and decipher PI to the 30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000 diget.

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I would say its definately a placebo effect man....oh bdtr, you might wanna see what this man had to say to you in my latest convo with him on AIM.

AnabolicBeast: lol, whats he sayin about me? if he talkin shit about me...ill kick his ass
    AnabolicBeast: he wants to cover his stupidness up by joking and flaming other people..
    AnabolicBeast: look at the does steroids make u smarter board..he said nasty shit about me
    Big Guy827 LR: Dude, if it did bdtr would be the smartest. hes pumped so much juice in his body you wouldn't believe.
    Last edited by bdtr; 11-08-2003 at 03:36 AM.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Wow... i wish i wasn't a small weakass. btw, 20 inch biceps, a 22 inch neck, 30 inch quads and benching around 500 might be small to you and my chest may look flat but it's probably because my friggin neck/traps and shoulders overpower them... but what can i say big guy, you're a beast!

Oh and i had no problem with you to start out with, i was pointing out that you said "does steroids make you smarter?". Just a little good humored fun, oh the irony of it all. Oh and if you want to "kick my ass" feel free bro, ill be glad to talk with you face to face if you're ever on the east coast, until then, shut your mouth. I'm tired of lame ass net drama. Good luck with whatever dbol only cycle you decide to run in the future, but right now i gotta go be a powerful beast with my girlfriend in bed. Just dont start blabbing your mouth to people how you're going to kick my ass, writing checks you wont even begin to attempt to cash gets lame. BTW, i've been juicing since you were 9 years old playing on a swing set and having mock battles with GI joe dalls. So in turn, sorry KID if i hurt your feelings, maybe you can buy a sense of humor somewhere.
    BDTR...let it go bro...fuck him,you have to much class for that ass.Get some rest if you can,how's the DNP going by the way?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Goin fine bro.

Im done with it, i just dont like little kids bragging how they're gonna kick my ass, then again, let him tell the world, what do i care? I just wanted to set a few things clear.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Sold out by one of his own friends.

Swellin Guest
    Goin fine bro.

Im done with it, i just dont like little kids bragging how they're gonna kick my ass, then again, let him tell the world, what do i care? I just wanted to set a few things clear.
    Actually, I thought that was one hell of a response on your part. It was not over the top, and it did set some things straight.

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
    bump

octagon is offline New Member

does showing a post like that to bdtr count as attempted murder by hoss? or would it just be considered a suicide attempt by the guy writing it?

BDTR will go down

BDTR, I would like you to fight a man named Mike. We will see how strong you and that puny 20 inch biceps of urs are (My arms are 17 and a half and I am only 18) here is a pic of him, lets see if you will pussy out like u always do..

whats ur screen name bdtr?

BDTR, I would like you to fight a man named Mike. We will see how strong you and that puny 20 inch biceps of urs are (My arms are 17 and a half and I am only 18) here is a pic of him, lets see if you will pussy out like u always do..

Why in the HELL would he fight your friend? This is ridiculous! This thread should be closed ASAP. Thats like saying "my daddy will beat up your daddy". If you want to talk/fight with BDTR, PM him. These threads aren't a boxing ring.

One last thing. I wouldn't want to be on BDTR's bad side. I have no idea why one must always attack the big guy on the board?. BDTR is a great guy with a lot of helpful info. He has always been nice to me as well as everyone else.

Oh my fucking god you're a little bitch!

D

Swellin Guest
    Why in the HELL would he fight your friend? This is ridiculous! This thread should be closed ASAP. Thats like saying "my daddy will beat up your daddy". If you want to talk/fight with BDTR, PM him. These threads aren't a boxing ring.

One last thing. I wouldn't want to be on BDTR's bad side. I have no idea why one must always attack the big guy on the board?. BDTR is a great guy with a lot of helpful info. He has always been nice to me as well as everyone else.
    I couldn't agree more. The guy is a fountain of information, and willing to help people who are sincere. This is pure silliness.

Oh, by the way, take a look in the AR Lounge, where he posted his arsenal.
    Not only does he have guns attached to his shoulders, but he packs death on his waist too.

Be careful what you wish for PB.

Oh my fucking god you're a little bitch!
    BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

LOL hilarious.

Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Powerful beast, first of all.. I havent seen one post of yours that has had one shred of decent information on this board. You obviously do not know what you are talking about especially considering you ran AS at 18 and it had to take about 20 posts by diff membs to stop running your cycle and run PCT. Im tired, and I know many are tired of your pointless posts. now you attempt to call out a member who helped many, has far more knowledge and would womp on you and your goofy friends ass at the same time.. wow bro seriously.. dont post again.

N
    Last edited by Nailer; 11-10-2003 at 07:17 PM.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    Powerful beast, first of all.. I havent seen one post of yours that has had one shred of decent information on this board. You obviously do not know what you are talking about especially considering you ran AS at 18 and it had to take about 20 posts by diff membs to stop running your cycle and run PCT. Im tired, and I know many are tired of your pointless posts. now you attempt to call out a member who helped many, has far more knowledge and would womp on you and your goofy friends ass at the same time.. wow bro seriously.. dont post again.

N

Agreed

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Are you kidding me, is this guy serious!?!!? Come on PB do you really care what some guy who lives who knows how far from you, types about you on message board! Just leave it alone, learning is what this board is for not immature members trying to have a pissing contest, so grow up!!!

Nailer is offline Associate Member
    this thread doesnt deserve another post

BDTR is offline Retired
    Oh man, do you want me to fight your big brother too kid? Jesus, check your tampon, you're seeping estrogen. Thanks though, this is the best laugh i've had all day.

Here is the email i got from him.

hey whats ur screen name fool? I want to schedule a fight with u and Mike. Hey do u have this same effect with everybody else? bunch of 17 year old teens wanting to fight u and kicking ur ass? Where u from? NJ here fool.
    later fool
    here is a pic of the man u are going to be fighting, he's from NYC, I will arrange the fight if u give the green. I didnt talk to Mike yet. u want to fight him? he'll fuck u up bad

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Oh man, do you want me to fight your big brother too kid? Jesus, check your tampon, you're seeping estrogen. Thanks though, this is the best laugh i've had all day.

hey whats ur screen name fool? I want to schedule a fight with u and Mike. Hey do u have this same effect with everybody else? bunch of 17 year old teens wanting to fight u and kicking ur ass? Where u from? NJ here fool.
    later fool
    here is a pic of the man u are going to be fighting, he's from NYC, I will arrange the fight if u give the green. I didnt talk to Mike yet. u want to fight him? he'll fuck u up bad
    That email is too funny bro

mass junkie is offline banned

later fool
    Aww bro post that shit in the lounge.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information