Thread: good laxitive

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member

good laxitive

Ever since I started my cycle I have been eating like a pig. Problem with that is I am badly bloated and have extreme gas. I think the gas is from all the egg whites (12 a day), but the bloat is very uncomfortable. What is a safe(and best) laxitive to take because ex lax makes me feel like I am gonna die(cramps). I plan on getting beano for the gas.

53x12 is offline New Member
    Bro, I would try eating more fruits, veggies, & whole grains and drinking more water first. Lots and lots of water! If you still have trouble, Metamucil is a good, fiber-only (non stimulant) laxative.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Senokot-s works great bro

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    fish oil, stool softner, or a big garden hose hehehe

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    do you get those stinky egg farts? nothing clears a room better than a diet high in creatine, eggs and red meat. A shredded wheat breakfast cereal w/ out frosting would be key, I know it sends me to the pooper right after I eat it.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Definitely add more fiber and water...if you're still having problems, then hit the drugstore for some laxative

shootdeep is offline Member
    even though i don't use it anymore, cell-tech makes a great laxative. 5 mins after taking it i was on the crapper. what a pain in the @$$!!! seriously, with the very high protein intake you MUST drink more water than you think you need to. salad works wonders too and won't make you fat like cell-tech

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    just buy some fiber product. Metamusal or fibercon. thats you best bet

Grant is offline Member
    do you guys know of anything that can make me lose my appetite in less than five seconds....oh this thread is perfect....to answer your question there are charcoal based pills to alleviate gas, i forget the name, can anybody help me?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Have an Atkins Advantage Bar (Mocha) every day. One of them has about 40% of your daily recommended fiber.

OTC
    OTC is offline Junior Member
    Don't mess with OTC laxatives bro, they will just dehydrate you, and mess you up in the long run (if you run them for too long, i.e. you become dependent). Eating some raisin bran, mini wheats, or better yet some oatmeal, will help you out a bunch. On top of helping your BM's they are healthy and natural. Just my .02$
    -OTC

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    do you guys know of anything that can make me lose my appetite in less than five seconds....oh this thread is perfect....to answer your question there are charcoal based pills to alleviate gas, i forget the name, can anybody help me?
    Activated Charcoal

longhornDr is offline Member
    Laci La Beaux's Super Dieters Tea

I've been using it while cutting and it works great to keep you regular...though if gas is your main problem a laxative is not really what you need.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Draft beer will make you piss out of your ass!!!!

I'd just increase your fibre naturally with fruits and vegetables. Try some Udo's oil too.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    It doesn't sound like you are constipated, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest a laxative. If increasing fiber/H20 intake doesn't help you may want to opt for an antiflatulant, ie. simethicone which basically just decreases the surface tension of gas bubbles causing dispersion and prevention of gas pockets in the GI tract. Only do laxatives if you are not "regular". Only you know how "regular" you are. Maybe even some digestive enzymes like beano (as you mentioned) may help. http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharmaceutical/b2.1.monographs/CPS-%20Monographs/CPS-%20(General%20Monographs-%20B)/BEANO.html
    Last edited by ichabodcrane; 11-06-2003 at 11:53 PM.

Grant is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Time
    Activated Charcoal
    atta boy!

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the help bros. I was in fact drinking 1half-2 gallons of water a day(does anyone else have to piss about every 15 minutes). As for fiber I eat a bowl of raison(sp) bran 2-3 days a week(I am watching my carbs). I will try the tea and up the fiber.

Thread Information