Thread: workout advice

roidrage223 is offline New Member

Question workout advice

hey guys... i have been wokring out for a while and have decided to shoot.... mainly because i cannot get my chest to grow in size. my weight is going up with how much i am benching and such with other chest exercises... but it does not seem to be getting any bigger,,, any help with maybe a new routine or some other suggestive help would be great... thanks guys

KeyMastur is offline VET
    well, what does your current routine look like first ?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    roidrage223,

We definitely need more information to help you:
    --1. As KeyMastur asked, what is your current routine?
    --2. How many times per week do you work your chest?
    --3. Do you work your chest with other body parts?
    --4. Do your arms and/or shoulders tend to grow faster than the rest of your body?
    --5. What is your body type ectomorph (thin, marathon runner build, muscle growth is difficult), mesomorph (classic bodybuilder build, muscle growth is easy), or endomorph (football player build, fat growth is easy)?

Regarding the first three questions above:
    You could be underworking or overworking your chest, which will hinder your growth. So, please write out one of your common chest routines and post it.

Regarding the fourth question:
    You might be what is called a "shoulder presser." I'm one of those. I had to adjust the path in which I moved the weights in order to put more stress on my chest and less on my arms and shoulders.

Regarding the fifth question:
    Depending on your body type, different types of weight and rep ranges per set tend to work better. But in the final analysis you will have to work with each type of weight and rep range in order to find out what works best for you.

As you post more on the board, you'll find that the more info you give up front when asking your question, the better we'll be able to provide information specific to your needs (as opposed to broad/general info).

I almost forgot:
    Are other parts of your body growing? If not then you might want to look at your diet too.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-07-2003 at 12:27 PM.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    wrong forum so i am jumping in as well. What are the signs of overtraining

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Some signs of overtraining are: lack of motivation, constantly tired/run down, catching colds easily, body not growing, being moody, and body stays sore longer than normal.

Donovan is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidrage223
    hey guys... i have been wokring out for a while and have decided to shoot.... mainly because i cannot get my chest to grow in size. my weight is going up with how much i am benching and such with other chest exercises... but it does not seem to be getting any bigger,,, any help with maybe a new routine or some other suggestive help would be great... thanks guys

well you havent said much about your routine so forgive me if i assume your a novice. first of all eat all the time not when your hungry keep yourself full. working out your chest alot? how often? anything more than twice a week is very bad it needs at least three days to recover so it can grow again instead of ripping the same unhealed fibers over and over so youll never get anywhere. bench press is fine you might want a max weight so your only able to push 6-8 (after a warmup ofcourse) incline dumbels are also a must you need to work it hard but in plenty of different ways and you should never hav2 work it longer than 40 minutes per chest day

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    [QUOTE=BASK8KACE]
    Regarding the fourth question:
    You might be what is called a "shoulder presser." I'm one of those. I had to adjust the path in which I moved the weights in order to put more stress on my chest and less on my arms and shoulders.
    QUOTE]

Now that impresses me BK..............no wonder you're a vet. I'm not joking either. I know a lot of people in the gym that know nothing about this and they hammer away with benches all the time with little or no success. I'm a shoulder presser as well so it caught me eye when I read your post.

roid, if you're bench weight is moving up but you're chest is not growing you must be recruiting muscles from the shoulder, bi's and tri's more than the chest. Just my opinion bro so take it with a grain of salt. I'm interested in what your answers are for the questions the other bros asked.

roidrage223 is offline New Member

answers

my routine is

bench press 3 sets (6-8 ) reps

incline 2 seas ( 6-8 ) reps

weighted dips 3 sets (6-8 reps)

cable crossovers 3 sets 10 reps

i work my chest once a week...

i used to do ti twice a week doing push pull... monday push tues pull etc...meaning,.. as u all prolly know.. monday chest tues back. wed should...thurs arms... fri chest.. and i did legs on my back day.. followoing week started and ended with back... third should on mon and fri

somedude247 is offline Member
    wrong forum bro

Thread Information