solid-d is offline Member

whats wrong with me? where are my gains/results

I am turning 24 this month, I am 5'7" and weight 162lbs. I have been lifting since I was 17, and been lefting hard the last 4 years.. I eat great, and diet great.. I buy supplements after supplements.. I did my first cycle around my 21st Bday, and durring that cycle my bench went from 205 to 245 and weight from 138- 155.. But I havent really gained much since then.. Since then, I did 4 more cycles(5 total, and i always take PCT right) and still weight 162lbs.. Im eat great food, lots of protein.. Train very hard, usually heavey and take days off. I normally lift every other day(2 muscles).. Durring my last cycle that ended 2 months ago, my bench when to 280 and is now at 260.. Could it be that my body just cant hold weight? I do have a small frame, but am pretty much all muscle though.. That last cycle was
    dbol 35mg weeks 1-3
    test E 500-600mg weeks 1-11
    Eq 400mg weeks 1-10
    winny 40mg ed weeks 8-13
    Over all I gained about 9lbs on that, but I must say I kept almost all of it, just look a little smaller in the mirror and may be a bit softer.. But when I was on it, I was light, but strong as shit.. It seems like everytime i cycle, Im strong for 10 weeks or so, but after that I come right back to where i was before i cycled.. WHats wrong with my body, why aint I at least 180lbs now and benching 315?? Where are all my gains from all my hard work??

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    It looks like your a hardgainer so going from 138-162 isn't a bad gain for someone like you. Don't be too dissapointed because your probably carrying no fat whatsover so that is a pure solid gain. I'm a hardgainer also but I respond very well to AS so I'm lucky on that part. Your problem could be that you train too much and too hard. I would maybe adjust your training and see how that helps. Keep with it bro!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Back to your diet. How many total calories do you pull in ?? Sure protein is an intricate part of your diet, but just protein alone doesn't help you gain weight.

And of course you're going to shrink up a bit after a cycle is completed. Especially with the Test E and it's water retaining effects.

Do you ever change up your routine ?? The body is made to adapt to change, so once it gets used to one thing, it's not going to continue to grow at the same rate.

brandon707 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Back to your diet. How many total calories do you pull in ?? Sure protein is an intricate part of your diet, but just protein alone doesn't help you gain weight.

And of course you're going to shrink up a bit after a cycle is completed. Especially with the Test E and it's water retaining effects.

Do you ever change up your routine ?? The body is made to adapt to change, so once it gets used to one thing, it's not going to continue to grow at the same rate.
    this is very true you should be changing you workouts every 3-4 weeks.i think if you do that and have a caloric intake of 4000 clean carbs a day you will be very pleased with the extra weight and strength gains.

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    Eat Bro, you know what you are doing so i will keep it simple. You are probably a lean ripped mo-fo, and have a killer diet, but you body may have adapted itself to that diet and considers it maintainance. Eat everything, eat junk food,pizza, burgers (lots of theese) you are going to have to gain some fat to get the size you are looking for. It sounds unorthidox, but everyone is different, I know guys that get ripped of reeces cups and bon-bons, everyone is different. You may be blessed witha killer metbolism and you won't gain alot of fat.If your gear has been real, I would say it is in your diet, which may be too good. SG1

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Its not unusual for a teenager and 20-something man to have lots of problems gaining weight. You might be pre-programmed for automatic weight maintenance at a certain level. Your body IS perhaps doing the right thing trying to prevent you from becoming obese.

As you near and become 30 years old, your body will begin to transistion and allow you to gain more weight more easily. You will have a fight to put on weight. My cousin is 26 years old and 125 lbs. In my family the men have a hell of a time putting on weight in their 20's - I was one of them too but not as skinny as my cousin, last time I was below 140 lbs I was in 10th grade. Anyways my cousin seen me growing like hell lately and been hanging around a lot trying to get some tricks of weight gain from me. I refused to get steroids for him because, well, he needs to do something about that 125 lbs and 6 foot tall thing first, I had him get weight gainer shacks and told him he needs to eat MORE solid food then he's doing now AND take 1800 calaries a day in wieght gainer shakes to start with. Went over his diet, found out a normal eating day for him that he THOUGHT was eating big amounted to a big mac for lunch and a couple hot dogs for dinner, added up to about 1500 calaries a day which was clearly the problem.

We got him adding breakfast or a third meal a day in solid food, big mac lunch or equivalent is OK but he has to eat Italian pasta dinners for dinner, dinner alone has to be minimum of 1500 calaries on the plate, then still take minimum 1500 calaries a day in weight gainer shakes spread across 2 or 3 shakes. Well in the last 60 days we got him up to 138 lbs and gaining! His self confidence is improving a lot because he's not as much of a walking stick-man that he was before.

Anyways it all boils down to this. I heard "oh I eat enough" before from real skinny guys needing to gain weight but when we examine what you eat, find out just about any big guy on this board would "loose" weight like crazy if we ate like you guys!! Really look over what and how much you are eating, count your calaries you intake a day... get it over 4000 calaries or else add another 1000 or 2 to what you eat now and your unbreakable low weight will start changing on you before you know it.

Also another thing, if you doubled your calaries tommorrow, it might not turn into weight immediately, sometimes your body wont start gaining until after 2 or 3 weeks of the higher calaries so dont get discouraged but eat more and make it consistently more for the long haul.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i noticed you mentioned your bench a couple of times, how much do you squat? do you train your legs as hard as your upper body? your legs are your largest muscle group, if you want to add body weight, train legs like crazy!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    Eat Bro, you know what you are doing so i will keep it simple. You are probably a lean ripped mo-fo, and have a killer diet, but you body may have adapted itself to that diet and considers it maintainance. Eat everything, eat junk food,pizza, burgers (lots of theese) you are going to have to gain some fat to get the size you are looking for. It sounds unorthidox, but everyone is different, I know guys that get ripped of reeces cups and bon-bons, everyone is different. You may be blessed witha killer metbolism and you won't gain alot of fat.If your gear has been real, I would say it is in your diet, which may be too good. SG1
    bro telling someone to eat strate up junk is pretty poor advice IMO.....killer metabolism is really no reason enough to eat like shit....why not just eat clean but with larger amounts and have an OCCASIONAL cheat meal or day....that's my opinion.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    You probably don't need 4000 cals a day, but you do need 3000+ if you are at 160. That should be more than enough. I am 210 and eat 3500 calories a day. Visit the diet forum and read some threads there. And if you need help devising a good diet, Tobey will help you out.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat - Eat - Eat

Everything

Thread Information