Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member

infection???HELP PLEASE

alright, i think i may have an infection. I've been injecting in my delts and quads for the last 5 weeks. On monday i injected 1ml of test enth into my delt. My brother asked if it hurt, and i said no. He then punched my arm like 3 inches above the injection site. On Wednesday i felt a little soreness. but i thought it to be from the punch. Now, the area is slightly red and warm. The area also feels hard.

Could this be an infection?
    Could the punch have driven some oil under the bruise and caused the lump?
    If it's an infection, how soon do i have to see a doctor?
    Will the antibiotics have an effect on my cycle?
    How much will it cost? I dont have insurance.

also, i'm gonna continue the test with the exception of soreness site. should i stop t3 if taking antibiotics? i'm only on my 3rd day, so i could stop now before having to taper down

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashioncore1
    alright, i think i may have an infection. I've been injecting in my delts and quads for the last 5 weeks. On monday i injected 1ml of test enth into my delt. My brother asked if it hurt, and i said no. He then punched my arm like 3 inches above the injection site. On Wednesday i felt a little soreness. but i thought it to be from the punch. Now, the area is slightly red and warm. The area also feels hard.

Could this be an infection?
    Could the punch have driven some oil under the bruise and caused the lump?
    If it's an infection, how soon do i have to see a doctor?
    Will the antibiotics have an effect on my cycle?
    Hmmm I couldnt imagine test enanthate in my delt.... Man its tough enough in glutes, quads and calves... Hmm lets see, soreness, area is all lumped hard, sometimes warm, slightly red... sounds like just about every test enanthate injection I've had and I'm up to 14 so far in this cycle (2 a week, different sites, same day).

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    are you running a fever? do you have any other symptoms of an infection? antibiotics shouldnt hurt your cycle but expect to pay quite a bit for a doctors visit and to fill the Rx...unless your source sells antibiotics.

I've taken shots of enth in the delts no prob before. This is the first time i have gotten a lump. That is what worries me.
    I am not running a fever.
    what are other symptoms of infection?

How often do you rotate your injection sites? You really should rotate your sites so that you don't inject in the same spot more than once a wk. An abscess can form under the skin which present very closely with the same symptoms and pretty much the only way to have it taken care of properly is to see your doc and have it drained.

i guess i'm gonna wait until tuesaday to see if it stops bothering me, or at least shows signs of improving. If not, then i'm gonna see a doctor on Wednesday.

legend is offline Associate Member
    if your running a fever more then likely it is infected. if not it could just be an abscess. you have to rotate your inj sites always. do not hit the same spot over and over everyweek. i had a bad infection last week from QV EQ. night sweats, shivering, the site was extremely hot, and hurt like a mofo. your probably just sore from the punch. the area is sensitive because your injecting in it and the punch just hurts more then usual because of it. i recommend kicking the shit out of your brother, this may help you feel better.
    Last edited by legend; 11-23-2003 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Hmmm I couldnt imagine test enanthate in my delt.... Man its tough enough in glutes, quads and calves... Hmm lets see, soreness, area is all lumped hard, sometimes warm, slightly red... sounds like just about every test enanthate injection I've had and I'm up to 14 so far in this cycle (2 a week, different sites, same day).
    Due to rotation, my 2 delts have taken 500mgs of Enanthate this week so far....no problems whatsoever, however, they're 2cc (yes 2) shots w/ Deca (1cc+1cc).
    There are a number of factors that can cause an infection (or the symptoms of an infection) at any given time, but if you don't have any Cephlax or something similar (Anti-biotics) then I would suggest possibly some Benadryl and an Anti-inflamatory of some sort, such as Feldene, along with lots of water. JMO....but it's been helpful to me on occassion. You don't want to run either of these very long, Antihistimines can affect gains, and the Anti-inflamatories are just plain hard on you. So if you don't see improvement in about 72 hours...I'd see the Doc.
    Good Luck!
    TSW

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    bro just to be safe i would go see a doc.......It cant hurt

i'm gonna see a doc on wednesday,. since i don't have insurance, i'm gonna try and place a legit order through a canadian pharmacy online with a prescription from my doc. any recommendations? Please PM me.

Uconish is offline Member
    i was taking shots in my ass and now i just finished week 5. i rotate checks on Mon ans Thurs. Last Wed i woke up with a huge lump on the back of my hamstring. It was hard, it felt tight and warm. I went to the doc and it turned out i had an infection in my thigh. Bro if i was you id go to the doc cause its gonna start to hurt alot if it is an infection. If he asks you how it might have happend, say you dont know, thats what i did. He gave me some keflex and sent me home. Its been 5 days and the lump and reddness is gone. Good luck bro.

just wanted to update. i woke up yesterday with no pain and the bump went down 90%. today i feel no bump and no pain. I guess it was extra sensitive because of the bruise. Just to be safe, I ordered some amoxicillin from canada just in case my brother or i get an infection in the future. thanks for the help.

Thread Information