Thread: oxycontin

shootdeep is offline Member

oxycontin

first i'd like to send my condolences to GEARED UP's family and friends. that is very sad.
    now i want to quickly tell you about an experience with oxy. my father has had spinal fusion twice and he was prescribed oxy for the pain after surgery. he had a 1 week script. he took it for the week and then "tried" to stop. he was a mess. he ended up getting more from my uncle and took it for a bit longer. after much pressure from the family he finally quit. he's done some drugs in his life and he said NONE of them compared to oxy withdrawals. i'm not gonna go into details about it, but i hope i NEVER see anyone i care about like that again.
    like i said he has EXTENSIVE exprience with painkillers, but he was completely blindsided by oxy. he was hooked after 8 days. the stuff is bad, bad news. if you're hurting...find another med to take....TRUST ME.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    All painkillers are bad, as a medic I have seen people messed up on oxy, I mean bad. Of course will all people they say they can control it, some better than others. When I had my knee scoped in the service they gave me percocet and vicodin ES. I took em all even after the pain. It is a good feeling for sure, hell look what they did to Brett Farve. Be careful.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I took them for a short while with surgery and came off clean, one of the worst experiences in my life. The drug should absolutely not be produced.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a friend addicted to them, he'll probably take methadone(sp) for life now.

If you think taking them oraly is bad, wait till you try to make someone quit doing them when they are injecting them. The needle is just as addicting as the drug.

Gilster is offline Member
    I am recovering from a serious back injury in from a car accident and because of the stories I have heard, I refused all pain meds. I have had 3 friends who are not Steroid users die from overdosing on pain meds. My doctors tried to push me into using them but I refused. It is as if the docs make you feel bad for trying to be safe. I will only take tylenol and aspirin for pain if anythng at all. I still hear it from my neurologist regularly. "You need to take your pain meds"..WHY? so I think I feel better when I am really not better? I still have scripts for percocet, oxycontin in my night stand drawer and they will stay there. I will not fill them. Specially after this happening.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My father was really Ill for 8 years before he passed away and he alway refused the pain meds, he preffered the suffering and pain, instead of turning like the people he saw at the hospital.

Uconish is offline Member
    also isnt it true that painkillers mess with your nitrogen levels, therefor hindering your gains.......I think i read that in Muscle and Fitness

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uconish
    also isnt it true that painkillers mess with your nitrogen levels, therefor hindering your gains.......I think i read that in Muscle and Fitness
    Hindering gains is the last thing you need to worry about. Were talkin life and death. I wouldn't really care about little stuff like that. I have a family member who is living in the streets and no one has seen in years because of this crap. Alive dead who knows. I'm really not sure which of the two would be in their best interest anyway.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilster
    I am recovering from a serious back injury in from a car accident and because of the stories I have heard, I refused all pain meds. I have had 3 friends who are not Steroid users die from overdosing on pain meds. My doctors tried to push me into using them but I refused. It is as if the docs make you feel bad for trying to be safe. I will only take tylenol and aspirin for pain if anythng at all. I still hear it from my neurologist regularly. "You need to take your pain meds"..WHY? so I think I feel better when I am really not better? I still have scripts for percocet, oxycontin in my night stand drawer and they will stay there. I will not fill them. Specially after this happening.

Doctors make a commission on the Rx's they write that are filled...dont think they just want you to be pain free!

D

Gilster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot
    Doctors make a commission on the Rx's they write that are filled...dont think they just want you to be pain free!

D
    Yes I know, but there is more to it than that IMO, althought you have a very good point as well. I agree with you, but think about it. If I take my pain meds the doc can take credit for making me feel better. I DO NOT FEEL BETTER. He wants me to think I feel better so he can prove he is doing something. Only time, therapy, and taking care of myself will make me GET better or cure me, unless I have surgury(which I will not allow BTW). He is only treating the symptom by giving me pain meds. He is not curing the problem..He is curing NOTHING........Ahhhhhh...pain meds have their uses in a lot of case, so I don't want to shoot it all down.....I just feel it should only be for extreme situations. IMO if you can live with the pain, you are better off. But I can understand how someone else can have a need.

lozinit is offline New Member
    I've seen nothing good come from oxy. From a personal standpoint, one of my younger brothers is about to be released from rehab in about a week because of that stuff. It takes a heavy toll not only on the person taking them, but on family and friends around them. Over the last year, he had turned into nothing but trash. Lying, Stealing, Cheating, etc...
    He lost all my respect as a human being, and the only thing I can see in a positive light right now is the fact that he willingly went into detox/rehab to get cleaned up. Time will tell.

shootdeep is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lozinit
    I've seen nothing good come from oxy. From a personal standpoint, one of my younger brothers is about to be released from rehab in about a week because of that stuff. It takes a heavy toll not only on the person taking them, but on family and friends around them. Over the last year, he had turned into nothing but trash. Lying, Stealing, Cheating, etc...
    He lost all my respect as a human being, and the only thing I can see in a positive light right now is the fact that he willingly went into detox/rehab to get cleaned up. Time will tell.
    that's great that he is helping himself. oxy is absolute crap!!!! good luck to him.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I like in Eastern Kentucky (one of the worst places in America for oxycotin). I have had my sides of my family (mom and dads) side torn apart from it. In march i was a pallbearer at my 24 y/o friends funeral due to an extensive use of oxycotin.

Puruepharm I think makes the produce. There have had many lawsuits. All they are doing to solve the problem is change the formula to where it won't be as addictive. I don't think that is gonig to happen anytime soon though.

ITS HAS TRULY RUINED MY LIFE, AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN IT!

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the dent depot

D
    That's an ignorant statement.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Whats ignorant bro?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I told my wife what happend to gearedup because I didnt know too much about oxycontin..... she works at an oncology office...so she sees patients on it all the time.....She explained to me how extremely hard it is for people who are on it to try and quit.........She says some of her patients would rather suffer with the pain than get addicted to it...and were talking abut a disease that disentegrates your bones and ****........She also agrees that oxycontin should of never been put on the market

RabidLassie is offline Junior Member

oxycontin

i had an experience with oxy's and i'm in the medical field too. it was hard to quit but i did it a long time ago. during withdrawls i was nauseated, had headaches, sweats, etc. my advice is to stay as far away from that **** as possible. it can literally take over your life. i like to think that all of us on this board would do anything to appear more healthy and oxycontin use goes totally against this.

stay straight bro's, train hard, and get jacked.

roch is offline Member
    the reason that statment is ignorant is because it implies that doctors are more concerned about their pocketbooks (i.e. the bottom line) than they are about their patients well being. I don't know any doctors who can make it as doctors without having a good bedside demeanor. the reason a person goes through the hours and hours of training, and sleep deprived comas to study and make themselves good and learned at the profession they have chosen is not for the money. hell I worked in IT and made more than my doctor until I was laid off. so its not for the money. its because they give a **** about you! you and any other person that crawls into their clinic hooked on whatever. they want to see you better off, not dead, and happy. thats why what you said was ignorant. I wanted to be a doctor until I realized that I couldn't care for someone who couldn't care about himself. wasted alot of time in school too. doctors are the best kind of people, even the ones at kaiser!

I have 2 Oxy's in my little goodie drawer, after my wreck, I was prescribed pretty much anything I wanted.
    At one point I had Brett Farve beat hands down, I was up to 16 Vic's a day (yeah) and get this, they're 10's. Trust me, it doesn't take long to get this way, and believe me, I don't care how Experienced you THINK yo are, you DON'T see it coming, and suddenly, it's got you, you can try and hide it, but you can't deny it.
    They started giving me Norco's so that I wouldn't have to be eatin' all that acetometphen along with it.
    Then a friend of mine hesitantly gave me 3 Oxy's, and told "they're bad, respect them" if it had been anyone else, I would have blown it off and ate all of 'em that day, but I just took one. I didn't think about another pill until 9:00 that night, and very quickly saw why this evil is so aluring. And I thought Vic's were bad. Since the worst of the pain had gone by this point, I put them in my little drawer for the next "Bad Day"....So far I haven't had a day I deemed "That Bad" and don't foresee there being one either.

I lost a good friend in May of 2001 to these suckers, today he would be 33, I'm headed out to do my Flower thing at the Funeral Park.
    Please, don't be curious, life is short enough, let it be.
    ......l
    ..-----
    ......l
    ......l

RIP Gearedup

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I took them for a short while with surgery and came off clean, one of the worst experiences in my life. The drug should absolutely not be produced.
    I can see why you'd say this, especially right now...But I can see the other side as well, I just think that Gray Line is far to thin for the Average Human to straddle successfully.
    After my wreck, I had to keep going back in to get injections, cuz the Vic's just weren't cuttin' it, there was no relieving way to sit/stand/lay, (and I thought I was a Badass) so I can also see the need for a stronger Pain Med, but I can tell that if they had given me Oxy's "when I needed them" I probably wouldn't have stopped.
    The pain med thing Usually starts out legit, then you're used to them and don't want to stop. I hated Vic's when I first started them, but they were "necessary" for pain, and then "desirable" then "necessary" again, but this time in a buzz way, like a Heroin addict, if you go without them, you feel the NEED to "Get Well"
    But no matter how you look at it, in the long run, they're bad. :dissapoin

pumped420 is offline Junior Member
    oxys are definetely the one thing i wish were never created. I was a regular user up until recently. Before that I did a cycle I was all about my lifting I was very big and very happy. Then I started using and you dont notice it but slowly and unexpectedly it took control of me and a few of my friends. I was using at least a 40mg pill everytime I used and I didn't go more than a day or two without using for a long time. A few weeks ago I finally to control and got off the terrible pills and I feel better than ever. Im putting all my old muscle back on and feeling really good and I never wanna go near that stuff again.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    About 2 years ago two of my good friends (twins) were murdered using Oxy, so believe me I hear you bro. I used to have to use it the odd time for migraines but have since switched to other pain killers, I was never addicted but just out of respect for my two friends.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

four years ago

my friend died after taking oxycotin in a not so large dose. i can not understand for the life of me how people can **** with this stuff?!!it makes me mad everytime i hear someone is taking that **** for fun.fun?his fiance dove on the coffin at his funeral and had to be torn off by like 10 people. two lives destroyed.sound like fun?

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Man kids i know that go to my college take that ****
    and drink with it all the time I think there ****ing idiots
    but there nothing i can do.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    We see it all the time in the ER - that drug is bad news IMO

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yeah i just dont see why more people dont drink
    If u have to do something then drink and dont take oxys
    I personnally think its much worse then alcahol.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Trust me, people have no idea of how hard it is to quit once addicted to them. When you have a chronic pain that will not allow you to get out of bed or work-out, you would be thanking God that painkillers were prescribed. The fear of withdrawals is enough to keep one buying more. I know, as I am a survivor. My heart goes out to anyone that has a problem with oxys or any other kind of painkiller. ~dow

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i did them for two years after surgery. i was perscribed them for 3 months then got them of friends after that. i was doing upwards of 320mgs a day. i was eating them and snorting them, then my girl finally talked me into quiting so i did. i felt so horrible for two weeks, i couldnt sleep, and the anxiety was horrible. but i did it with out help from anyone, so im just saying anyone can quite. also never take the methadone route, you will be on that for life, and that is no way to live.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    oxys and nubain, stay away

Yeah, methadone is what I was given and it just makes you feel dopey. Dont let anyone ever fool you into thinking its anything like synthetic heroin. Methadone does not make you feel good in anyway. Secondly, switching to an antagonist or even vice versa can throw you into immediate withdrawal. Horrible anxiety, intravertedness, fatigue, depression, tremor, sweats. Like having pneumonia. Mentally, you can quit (at least I could). Physical dependance is completely uncontrollable. It hurts.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I seen one of my X-girlfreinds, act like a heroin addict with pain pills. She took a good amount of pain pills for 4-5 days and then she was sick for three days after she came off. I dont see whyany one would want to do something that for sure causes them to go into withdrawal. stupid

If you have a damage nerve in your neck (as I do) and 2 bulging disks, you really dont have a lot of options. Surgery, yeah, I had it recently and it worked. It's a love hate relationship. Love because it enables quality of life and hate because you can not control physical dependance. ~dow

AdamK is offline New Member
    I had a back surgery about a year and a half ago, I ruptured my L5-S1 disk completly, I had sciatic pain all the way to my toes, it was hell. My doc put me on Loratabs, nothing like Oxycontin, I was in so much pain after the surgery, I asked him for something stronger and he denied me. In the long run, I am glad he did. After a few weeks, I was addicted to the Loratabs, I would take them like candy, it seemed to take the edge off my pain, and made all of the other problems dissapear, the bills piling up, the stress of being out of work, the collection agencies calling, when I did not want to deal with it, I took a couple of meds and I was in "Alice in Wonderland". Eventually the pills started making me sick, to the point where I did not want to take them anymore. I eventually kicked them, but the urge is still there, I try to keep them out of my distance, because if they are accessible, I cannot fight the urge to take them. Your right dogsofwar, being addicted to a substance is hell, physical dependence is uncontrollable. I have been clean for a while and have not taken any meds, just trying to keep them out of my access. My uncle is addicted to Methadone, he has been for a few years now, due to a terrible neck injury on the job, I am slowly watching him die, he was like a father to me, it sucks to see someone you know slowly dying from this terrible drug, I think he is too consumed with the drug to ever come back. I wish they would ban this substance completly.

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Taking pills and meds to get high is just worthless. Prolly the dumbest thing you can ever do to yourself. I used to do meth for a short amount of time and I met some people that just scared me half to death and made me quit..thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    That's an ignorant statement.
    Agreed, Doctors make tons of money, so even if they were that greedy, irresponsible and unethical no way would they jeopardize their so HIGH paying job which they studied years for, for that loose change!!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Okay I missed exactly what and when this happened to gearedup. I assume he died, what happened?

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    I seen one of my X-girlfreinds, act like a heroin addict with pain pills. She took a good amount of pain pills for 4-5 days and then she was sick for three days after she came off. I dont see whyany one would want to do something that for sure causes them to go into withdrawal. stupid
    Both OxyContin and Heroin are both Opiates... same thing pretty much.
    My Girlie is in rehab right now for Heroin and Crack... My advice to everyone is stay off the pain killers, cause the next step is Heroin - then you are pretty much done.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Okay I missed exactly what and when this happened to gearedup. I assume he died, what happened?
    That's very old news. Look at the date of the first post. I'm not sure why we dug up his death to discuss oxy's more.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    http://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=28456

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Oxy is some nasty sh*t. My brother in-law (now ex-brother in law) lost a $300,000 house, his wife and three kids and his own used car lot over that crap. Now he's a fugitive in Mexico for stealing RX pads and writing bogus scripts, B&E and all kinds of crap.

Thread Information