Phyll is offline Associate Member

Could use some help...

This is my third week of a cyp/EQ cycle.

Since last week I have been noticing pain on both my elbows (the left one is stronger though.) Saturday I was working bis and the pain at times was almost blinding. It is a sharp pain that feels like somebody is stinging a needle right through your elbow bone and it reflects on your forearms too. The funny thing is that the pain goes away 2 minutes later. I don't feel it anytime during the day, I can move my arms and elbows with no pain at all. The pain only comes roughly 30 seconds after my last rep and lasts for about 1-2 painful minutes then slowly goes away.

I know I have been lifting much heavier at the gym, and I am wondering if that is the cause. Maybe I need to spend more time warming up? I was also reading about tennis elbow but from what I understood that is a somewhat constant pain that also hurts other times when you're not working out?

What you bros think? What can I do? I am taking a couple of days off and will start working out my legs this week, to give my upper body a rest, but it would SUCK very bad if this pain hindered my cycle. Help!!

Thanks

no ideas?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    From going heavier did you form get a little sloppy?

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you experience this pain only training arms, or do you get it whenever you are working upper body, does it only come around for bi's and tri's - or does it kill on your bench press?.... The only thing that i can imagine is your form. I was always able to go heavier while on cyp. because i held so much water, and that sorta acted like a cushion or at least in my mind it did for my joints. but you must always use good form...

The difference between the pain in your elbows may just be form. Since you said you increased weight during training...that is excellent, but make sure you are not heaving up the 60lbs dumbells in alternate curls, because this moves the majority of the stress to your elbows.

You can take some glucosamine, that may help you out with your joints if it continues... that stuff is cheap, go to any vitamin store - gnc, vitamin world, etc.

good luck brotha

Thanks bros... Yes, I think I have sacrificed form a little bit in a few exercises... I always try to keep my form as strict as possible but I could be slacking a little bit... I noticed that the pain started last week after military presses for the shoulders and if I think about it I think my form was not the best...

I have been working out using the high intensity style... I read somewhere that if you can do more than 7 reps than you should increase the weight... I have been doing that, and granted, even though my training weights have dramatically increased, could this be putting a lot of stress on my joints?

Also, I think the pain is related to upper body... I went really heavy on chest last week and it didnt hurt, but the next day I did shoulders then it started.

I think I need to be watching my form.

Thanks bros

Thread Information