bigdave91 is offline Associate Member

Major dilemma!!!

Hi guys

Just been in to see a consultant at the hospital and he is putting me in for an operation. He said the surgery would be in a month at most!! The problem is that im on a sust cycle at 500mg per week! Im midway through week 6 right now and i was planning on running the sust for 10 weeks and at Week 8 adding 25mg winny tabs until week 13. This means that il be still on my cycle when i have the surgery. I didnt mention about the steroids to the doc cos i thought it would jepardise them not putting me in for surgery. I thought it was going to be in 6 months or something so i wouldnt have to mention the steroids to anyone!

What do you guys think i should do? The operation is on my Haemorrhoids.

Dave

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    for god sakes, tell your doctor!!!!!!!
    he's not going to call the cops on you, and if you don't the drugs they give you for the surgery could have major reactions with the chemicals in your system, please, tell him right away!!!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah you might have clotting issues

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    god forbid you die from bleeding to death from hemorrhoid surgery like that guy on E.R.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro..it is always best to tell the doc....you are not going under a general I assume he is giving you a local you should be fine...with no probs

Ok iv just called the doc and told him what im taking including the clomid and Nolva. Iv got to ring up on monday to see what the verdict is.

What do you guys think will happen? Do you think he will refuse me surgery totally now??

Dave

il probably be going under a general anesthetic. at least thats what i want. They are going to have to operate internally as well as externally so im guessing its going to be a general. Nasty business!

bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you need surgery this shouldn't prevent you from getting it. He may however delay it so that everything is clear from your system.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    man...thank god you told the doctor, i'm curious what the doctor said to you when you were like, "doc, i'm juiced up right now on some good sustaneon"... hope you get better bro, and make a full recovery

lol

Monster
    I told his secretary over the phone to pass the message on (cos he wont talk to patients on the phone and charges £90 just to see him in person) So im going to ring her again on monday to see what the doc said. So you think at worst he will just delay the surgery a few weeks til the steroids are out of my system?

Dave

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish i knew, if its not life threating they may push it back for you - like you said you thought it would be 6 months...i wouldn't get all excited bro...relax...you don't need to get your blood pressure any higher...

lol...get better bro

OK, I've never said anything when this topic comes up (and it comes up a lot) because I don't want to have ANY part of anyone coming out on the bad end of an operation due to my big mouth, but what is the big deal with having more testosterone than usual when goin' under the knife??
    I've had 2 surgeries (knee/shoulder) both while I was on, and not only did I breeze through the Op, but my recovery blew my Doc away, especially after the Knee Op. I was literally tearing up trails at Yosemite (which we're not supposed to be on) on my Trek a month before I was to be applying full weight to it, so can someone explain to me the bullet I supposedly dodged??
    Dave don't let me corrupt your mind, I believe you should tell your Doc these things, but I honestly don't get it??
    Can anybody tell me why this would be a legitimate problem medically?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave91
    Monster
    I told his secretary over the phone to pass the message on (cos he wont talk to patients on the phone and charges £90 just to see him in person) So im going to ring her again on monday to see what the doc said. So you think at worst he will just delay the surgery a few weeks til the steroids are out of my system?

Dave
    bigdave, is that a Euro sign in front of that ninety?
    The reason I ask is if you're in Europe, it's legal right?

husun is offline Junior Member
    sounds like you need a new doctor... what kind of doctor wont talk to you on the phone?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSevnthWarrior
    Can anybody tell me why this would be a legitimate problem medically?
    Thanks.
    I beleive it's because AS tend to thin your blood out. It gets the bone marrow to generate more of one part of blood (I forget which) and in so doing, there are fewer platelets left to clot anything that gets cut.
    So . . . if you neglect to mention this to your doc, when they start hacking and sawing away at you, you might not ever stop bleeding. Of course, a lot depends on what they're going to be cutting on; some parts of the body naturally bleed and bleed and bleed and bleed, others clot up pretty quick. My guess would be that since hemmorids involve lots of blood and capilliaries, it's gonna bleed and bleed and bleed. They can give you some drug that will temporarily make you clot more, so while it's no big thing, the docs do need to know beforehand, or else you might find yourself the proud recipient of a few quarts of blood fresh from some homeless druggie.

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    bro i had hemmerhoid surgery and i made the mistake of not telling them i was mid cycle... good thing my surgeon was my dads partner and the anesthesiologist were smart enough to figure out why my blood pressure and heart rate were all messed up during the procedure... if u need any tipss before and after the surgery feel free to PM me, email, or instant message me. that surgery absolutely sucks and i feel for you brother... best of luck bro!

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    AAS can inhibit/suppress certain clotting factors, hence increasing chance for bleeding. I will say this differs individually, and the extent may be dose/duration dependent (as most drugs). I know many people have gone under the knife while on, and had no problems. However, I had a terrible, nearly life threatening experience from what should have been a simple lymphadenectomy. Can I say for sure the reason I bled internally was because I was on? No! But I can say it may have increased my risk. Best bet is to tell your doc(like you did), so they can at least be prepared, and to also prepare you for what may happen afterwards.

Thread Information