Ducati32 is offline New Member

Question avodart question- looky

anyone using this product for DHT suppression?

how long, dose amount?

Are you using while on a cycle?

thxs

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Yes.
    1 year. (DEC 10th 2002) .5mg daily.
    Yes. Test Only.

Works Great.
    Last edited by scottp999; 12-08-2003 at 11:26 AM.

thanks bro

do you think it has affected any gains from the test cycle?
    what was your dosage of test while using the avodart?

-peace

northendninja is offline Junior Member
    scott, from your experience is avodart much more superior to finasteride?

sp9
    Yes. In that it reduces dht over 90% vs. 70% with propecia. It did give me regrowth when propecia was just keeping things the way they were. It is more expensive. I would suggest people invest a year in propecia before determining if they want to try avodart for that reason. Avodart also reduces both types of dht where propecia only reduces type 2. How much does type one play a role in hairloss? Not sure. Just know it has worked better for me.

As far as gains, it probably does reduce gains but My strenght goes through the roof on test. I used 500mg test for 10weeks first time around now running a lower dose around 300mg a week.

cool, Ive been taking propecia for 15 months, was taking 1mg/day at the beg. now im upto 2.5mg/day (generic 5mg finasteride)....im really intersted in the avodart as im sure it will be significantly cheaper once it reaches canada, just as propecia is much cheaper here.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Listen to scottp999 he is right on the money! I've also been on avodart coming up on the 1 year mark and I have been very impressed thus far. I was on propecia for about 6 months, which during that time my hairloss seemed to slow, but I wasn't seeing any regrowth. Then I started Avodart, and things really started to change for the better. Right now my hair is looking better then it has in 10 years no joke! I was using avodart @.5mg ED, but at about the 8 month mark I lowered my dosage to .5mg EOD. I feel I am holding less water at the lower dosage. My hairloss has totally stoped and I have had a good amount of regrowth all over. Strange part is I felt like I was stronger while taking .5md ED. Must have been the extra test? hehe

ya i think its pending FDA approval b.c they arent sure where the converted DHT is going, maybe its going to the extra "pumps"

**** I want some avodart now! Anyone in Canada have any idea when we might be seeing it here?

scott, love the quote, Office Space is one of my favs too...

sp9
    fda phase 3 trials for hairloss were called off in the states. The reason? No one really knows, they had great results with phase 2. Glaxo is now going through phase 3 fda trials for prostate cancer with avodart. I have heard things are looking good. The trials are expensive and I would guess that cancer prevention took the upperhand over hair loss. Plus propecia sales have been disappointing and it is a cheaper alternative. Those may be reasons they put phase 3 trials on hold. I am glad it got approval for BPH and the doc can write a script for hair loss as "off label".

thanks for all the input

Thread Information