collegeboy2387 is offline New Member

am i done growin verticlly? im 19 i think i am?

before i do a cycle i was wondering if i am done growing verticaly cuz i know that they can seal ur growth plates

heres my info: i am 19 and 5'10 i have not grown ne taller since age 14 i am half asian. i dont know if that matters but genitcly i know i might not grow as tall as full caucasions.
    what is the process that is used to see if you are finished growing and can ne one give me a site or link to give me more information on this i have purchased AS but they do not expire until 2006 and after researching i will decide whether to postpone for a few years.. it pretty much depends if i am done growing or not ..beacaus i have been lifting for 4 years and have hit a lot my ceilings
    - i have done a cycle of 1Ad which is the only tihng that has helped my lifting even partly over the past year
    -for the last two years i have taken creatine on/off and eat at least 150 grams protein a day
    -ne advice???????

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboy2387
    - i have done a cycle of 1Ad which is the only tihng that has helped my lifting even partly over the past year
    -ne advice???????
    Yea, post your diet and routine. One of those is the problem.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    if you are 19 then you aren't doing something right.

i lift m-f chest/shoulders/legs/bis-tris/back
    my lifts are about an hour long and i get cardio for a half hour 3 times a week
    -i weigh around 195ish gained bout 10lbs over the last 3 months doin a cycle of 1ad but i been bout 185 for the past year and a half
    - i only keep track of protein and thats bout 150grams a day
    - my lift have been doin good until the past 9months where i mostly walled on a lot of my lifts with barely ne gains ...with the excpetion of the 1ad cycle.....
    - i wanna get bigger gains but not a lof of fat weight on.....should i do more cardio for it.
    and most importlanty AM I DONE GROWING TALLER based on what i said before

cb25 is offline Banned
    First, not enough protein - aim for 1g per pound of body weight, or around 200g daily for you. Make sure you're getting enough calories on top of that as well...

The biggest problem most people have when hitting a wall is diet...especially at your age. I felt the same way, then i got my diet on track, got a new training partner and gained a boatload...

No one will be able to say if you're done growing or not...that's something even doctors are reluctant to predict...some people stop growing early teens, then hit another growth spurt early 20s...seriously - hard to tell.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    If you are 5'10" and only weigh 185 you still have a lot of growing left to do before you begin AAS. Like cb25 said, you aren't taking in enough protein, and I would bet that you aren't getting enough calories either. If you would post a general sample of what you eat in a day you can get more specific help from this board.

alright i run on the college sceduele first off so its go to bed at 3 wake up at 10 or 11....just how i run but it throws off time for basic meals

-but breakfast when i wake up 5eggs... and granola cereal
    -2 or 3 o clock- yogurt and nitro tech
    -5ish lunch.....tuna chicken, granola cereal
    10ish - can of tuna, yogort
    i either lift round 3 or around 6 depending on classes but nitrotech after i lift too
    -i wanna gain muscle without a lot of fat...its just hard to do that without gaining a lot of fat when i eat a lot more

-what tests do they run to determine growth or finishng growth

FmRommel is offline Member
    Theres a ****ing huge gap between breakfast and your yogurt/nitro tech..... need to keep the nitrogen levels positive bro...

FM

It's impossible to bulk up without gaining any fat. It's just something you have to deal with, and get rid of later. You are definitely not taking in enough calories. I probably eat three times what you have listed in a day. Add some chicken, steak or lean ground beef, and some more carbs in there as well.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

Scotty Pipen was 6' 2" @ 20, and 6'8" @24. So its hard to tell, but your probably through growing upwards.

Stengun

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboy2387
    before i do a cycle i was wondering if i am done growing verticaly cuz i know that they can seal ur growth plates

heres my info: i am 19 and 5'10 i have not grown ne taller since age 14 i am half asian. i dont know if that matters but genitcly i know i might not grow as tall as full caucasions.
    what is the process that is used to see if you are finished growing and can ne one give me a site or link to give me more information on this i have purchased AS but they do not expire until 2006 and after researching i will decide whether to postpone for a few years.. it pretty much depends if i am done growing or not ..beacaus i have been lifting for 4 years and have hit a lot my ceilings
    -for the last two years i have taken creatine on/off and eat at least 150 grams protein a day
    -ne advice???????
    A lot of guys stall out growing tall between the ages of 14 and 21... its not unheard of for someone to start growing like a bean taller at the age of 22, 23... myself I didnt stop growing taller until about 24 years! My uncle was a short guy until he hit 23 years old then grew from 5' 4" to 6' 2" by the time he was 25 years old. One way to tell is look at your feet. If you are wearing larger then a size 10 shoe at 5' 10" then you probably have more height coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    One way to tell is look at your feet. If you are wearing larger then a size 10 shoe at 5' 10" then you probably have more height coming.
    I should be 7' tall. I'm only 6'3" and I wear a size 17.

Thread Information