meezman is offline New Member

Question about injection

I just took my first injection, I drew 1cc out of a 10ml vial. I am concerned, because no matter how much I flicked the needle, I couldn't get ALL of the air bubbles out. There were a few tiny bubbles left in the juice. Most of the tiny bubble were sitting on the black rubber stopper in the syringe. Is this a major problem or is it okay?

Scorpio is offline Community Veteran
    Your fine, you would need to pump a large amount of air directly into a vein to cause death. When you inject, make sure you aspirate (after the needle is inserted pull back to on the plunger to see if there is blood, if there is blood do not inject, withdraw and find another spot, if it's clear/bubbles your good to go.)

CrimsonTide is offline New Member
    In the land where the streak begins again...
    Don't sweat it- get all the major air bubbles out. The very small air bubbles will tend to migrate towards the end opposite the needle when you inject even if you can't get them out.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meezman
    I just took my first injection, I drew 1cc out of a 10ml vial. I am concerned, because no matter how much I flicked the needle, I couldn't get ALL of the air bubbles out. There were a few tiny bubbles left in the juice. Most of the tiny bubble were sitting on the black rubber stopper in the syringe. Is this a major problem or is it okay?
    You'll learn how to get the air bubble out. You gotta pull some air back down, flick and push again and after 3-4 tries you get it out. If its like a bubble just to the side of the needle, pull air back in (just a little), flick to pop the bubble and point the needle perfectly "up" and the bubble will get directly into the needle instead of resting off to the side.

I point the needle with the black plunger "up" so air bubbles float away from the needle and when you aspirate , any air bubbles in the needle you've left float to the back and hopefully dont get injected. ALso hows this? WHen fully injected the needle/syringe still have 1/10th CC that is wasted, thats why if there's any air in the thing, rather it be in the waste area of the syringe then in my muscle where things can get real sore. You do get a big sore area from air bubble, its not deadly in the muscle.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    bah, i can't get all the air out either, there are always little tiny air bubbles stuck to the sides of the syringe. so far so good! =) like crimsontide said, they tend to migrate to the back of the syringe as you are injecting...

-- clocky

Mclaren_v12 is offline Junior Member
    Scorpio is right, Although the small bubbles cause some discomfort they aren't a really big threat to your health. Just be patient when injecting, it is a big deal and worth the time to do it right

meezman is offline New Member
    Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated

fugi1 is offline Junior Member
    I never Aspirate when I am injecting, it's a waste of time. Intramuscular injections are in areas not occupied by veins. The chances are that you're gonna hit a blood vessel, i used to always hit a blood vessel when injecting to my glutes and it's no big deal. As long as i follow precautions before injecting (such as getting rid of air bubbles), i know I'll be fine.

Sorken is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fugi1
    I never Aspirate when I am injecting, it's a waste of time. Intramuscular injections are in areas not occupied by veins. The chances are that you're gonna hit a blood vessel, i used to always hit a blood vessel when injecting to my glutes and it's no big deal. As long as i follow precautions before injecting (such as getting rid of air bubbles), i know I'll be fine.

Well you right.. but it is still a little risk.. better aspirate to be safe.. it takes 1 sec..

Thread Information