motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member

Insulin question regarding fat intake

For those who have used slin for both bulking and in the leaner cutting phases, I will be soon adding some slin to my current bulking cycle. I have read in some places that you should consume NO fats up to 2 hours before, or 4 hours after the slin injection (using Humalin-R). I have also seen more than once where experienced users say that while bulking, you can be a little more lenient on the no fats rule, as long as you are getting high amounts of protien and carbs.

I would like to get some input on this, as a few of the options I am working out for post-shot shakes and meals contain a few grams of fat, I'd say 10g at the very most, but most are 1-3g if any at all. Is it absolutely critical that there is no fat in your system during this time, or could you get by with a few grams here and there?

-moto

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    For those who have used slin for both bulking and in the leaner cutting phases, I will be soon adding some slin to my current bulking cycle. I have read in some places that you should consume NO fats up to 2 hours before, or 4 hours after the slin injection (using Humalin-R). I have also seen more than once where experienced users say that while bulking, you can be a little more lenient on the no fats rule, as long as you are getting high amounts of protien and carbs.

I would like to get some input on this, as a few of the options I am working out for post-shot shakes and meals contain a few grams of fat, I'd say 10g at the very most, but most are 1-3g if any at all. Is it absolutely critical that there is no fat in your system during this time, or could you get by with a few grams here and there?

-moto
    Moto..I've been doing some extensive insulin research the past few weeks. From what I've read there are varying beliefs in this. The concensus is to consume 0 fat, I've even read to avoid taking vitamin E caps and the such. On the flip side, several seemingly knowledgable people have said that a few grams won't hurt during bulking. I think you may have to just try it and see what happens. Let us know how your progress goes.

longhornDr is offline Member
    There is no safety reason as to why you should avoid fats, it's simply to avoid excessive fat storage.

So adjust your fat intake during that time to your current priorities.

A few grams will make no difference whatsoever.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    There is no safety reason as to why you should avoid fats, it's simply to avoid excessive fat storage.

So adjust your fat intake during that time to your current priorities.

A few grams will make no difference whatsoever.
    it's not safety he's concearned about...he's worried about becoming a lardass

good thread as usual moto...i was asking the same question...i just started 3 days ago...i drank 3 protein shakes, ate 3 u-turn bars, and drank about 5 cranberry juices which are high in sugar and no fat, and a healthy choice meal...this starting an hour before and lasting 6 hours after...i'm still using the wrong slin but i am too scared to go above 6iu...and won't till i can get some humalog...also i take clen on the days i shoot slin, which i think is a must

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    ...also i take clen on the days i shoot slin, which i think is a must
    Why the clen ?? I neeeeeeeeeeeed input....I haven't heard this one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Why the clen?? I neeeeeeeeeeeed input....I haven't heard this one yet.
    for a couple reasons:
    clen directly fights the fat storing enzyme
    gives me confidence that my slow acting slin won't make me fat
    injecting slin makes you tired..definitely dont wana fall asleep on the couch after a workout, like i love to do

Blog Entries
    The reason I ask is something I read the other day..I'll post it below for your perusal...

INSULIN AND CLENBUTEROL UPDATE
    This may look like an ideal combination at first, but research has shown why my muscle gains with this combo were minimal. Clen reduces insulin sensitivity, which means that insulin will have a much harder time doing its' anabolic job on muscle tissue. In addition to storing amino acids as muscle, insulin also stores carbs in muscle (which gives a very "full" look to the muscles), which reduced insulin sensitivity also hinders. This is also combined with the fact that clen reduces Glut-4 transporters (which allow glucose passage, and subsequent storage, into muscle) in skeletal muscle which probably accounts for clens' ability to reduce muscle glycogen concentration. On a lighter note, the fat burning effects of clen are potentiated by aspirin and caffeine (through personal experience) but still die off after a few weeks. Overall the only time I would recommend this combination occurs when coming off a cycle and every bit of anabolism is needed, otherwise the two drugs have a bad effect (from an anabolic standpoint) on each other.
    SIMPLE TIPS TO MAXIMIZE ANABOLISM AND MINIMIZE FAT GAIN WITH INSULIN USE
    -USE HCA
    - use testosterone enhancing compounds to increase hepatic IGF-1 production
    - only use insulin first thing in the morning or during/after workouts
    - don't consume *any* fat 2 hours before (due to digestion time) or one hour after (due to induced enzyme activity) insulin use
    - stretch to locally increase IGF-1 levels
    - continually eat protein spread over the 4-5 hour duration of insulin

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    The reason I ask is something I read the other day..I'll post it below for your perusal...

INSULIN AND CLENBUTEROL UPDATE
    This may look like an ideal combination at first, but research has shown why my muscle gains with this combo were minimal. Clen reduces insulin sensitivity, which means that insulin will have a much harder time doing its' anabolic job on muscle tissue. In addition to storing amino acids as muscle, insulin also stores carbs in muscle (which gives a very "full" look to the muscles), which reduced insulin sensitivity also hinders. This is also combined with the fact that clen reduces Glut-4 transporters (which allow glucose passage, and subsequent storage, into muscle) in skeletal muscle which probably accounts for clens' ability to reduce muscle glycogen concentration. On a lighter note, the fat burning effects of clen are potentiated by aspirin and caffeine (through personal experience) but still die off after a few weeks. Overall the only time I would recommend this combination occurs when coming off a cycle and every bit of anabolism is needed, otherwise the two drugs have a bad effect (from an anabolic standpoint) on each other.
    SIMPLE TIPS TO MAXIMIZE ANABOLISM AND MINIMIZE FAT GAIN WITH INSULIN USE
    -USE HCA
    - use testosterone enhancing compounds to increase hepatic IGF-1 production
    - only use insulin first thing in the morning or during/after workouts
    - don't consume *any* fat 2 hours before (due to digestion time) or one hour after (due to induced enzyme activity) insulin use
    - stretch to locally increase IGF-1 levels
    - continually eat protein spread over the 4-5 hour duration of insulin
    good post bro..

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Asym, are you using that long-acting slin? I still don't think that is a good idea bro. If you can't find anything else, PM me.

-moto

King Test is offline Banned
    Keep the fat intake as low as possible. Nothing will put slabs of fat on you like insulin used improperly will. Shoot for as close to zero fat as possible when insulin levels are elevated. Getting fat while using insulin is no myth.

Thread Information