Thread: loss of muscle?

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member

loss of muscle?

when ur on a diet and doing cardio, but you still train extremely hard, i know that u wont gain muscle but will u gain strength during this time?

Uh, No.

Mallets back is offline Associate Member
    Very unlikely...but it depends on how much cardio your doing and how low your calories are, and what kind of SUPPLEMENTS your taking...

longhornDr is offline Member
    You can still gain muscle and strength while dieting down. Not near as much as pure bulking, but you can definitely still keep making progress.

It's all about the diet.

if u keep taking in 300g of protein a day?

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    for me, my strength goes down when I do cardio.

Maybe you should tell us your goal, this way we can answer your questoin better.

Are you trying to cut up & keep your muscle?

Or just doing cardio for the sake of it?

well i was at the end of a bulking stage, but i dont want to lose the size i have now. im carrying alittle extra fat on my waste and s omach and i want to get rid of it by diet and cardio. i dont care if i dont gain muscle mass with continual training during this cutting period, i jsut want the pure strength increases.

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce willis
    well i was at the end of a bulking stage, but i dont want to lose the size i have now. im carrying alittle extra fat on my waste and s omach and i want to get rid of it by diet and cardio. i dont care if i dont gain muscle mass with continual training during this cutting period, i jsut want the pure strength increases.

do a search on CKD diets....

i am also on a bulking cycle currently, i willl be in the same position as you when i finish up, i will be looking to cut without losing all of my muscle i gained.

I am going to do a CKD diet. Do a search on them, you will find what you are looking for......

pm if you have any questions

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce willis
    You can keep your muscle, but as far as pure strength, I wouldn't expect too much if any, just look to maintain the strength you have.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Your strength depends on your diet and supp intake, and ofcourse your training. You have only mentioned your training but you havent told us what your dietry intake is

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Usually if you are cutting, you will be doing more cardio, and less mass building training, along with a lot of proetin, and not as much carbs as you would take if you were bulking. Doing this will usually make you not as strong as you really are. If you do the opposite of what I just mentioned the results will reverse.

Thread Information