ColdSore is offline Banned

Making "Homemade" ECA

I know this should "technically" go in the supps forum, but i felt alot of people could benefit from this considering the future ban on ephedra and the current rising prices for the manufactured products such as Stackers ect....

The topic at hand is....for those of you who already make your own ECA stack....

#1) What mg do you dose do use for Ephedra, Caffine, and aspirin???

#2) Since the aspirin is not really needed, other than to thin your blood and help transport the other substances into your body, do you prefer to use it or not???

#3) Do you like the homemade ECA better than the manufactured stuff???

NEWBIES: This is a great alternative for those of you looking to cut up for a special occasion IE. Spring break....and its far better than running a winny cycle, and could be far more effective if your diet is on key.

EXPERIENCED: any tips you have as far as the brand of ephedra or caffine you like the best would help also...along with any other tips you might want to share.

timmz11 is offline Junior Member
    deffinately wanna see what everyone has to say here............

The research done in the early 90's which led to the use of ECA stacks tested a combo of, i belive the ratios studies were 20mg ephedrine 30mg caffine and 80mg asprin. What is currently being used is more like 20mg eph 200 caffine and 2-300 asprin. Do not take out asprin, thining the blood is a misnomer. Asprin reduces clotting cofactors and prostaglandins causing inflamation. It does not however literaly make the blood less vicsous.

I like making my own because

1) vastly cheaper. 100 ehp pills for 10 bucks, and asprin and caffine are even cheaper.

2) the only thing with any value in the other pills is synephrine IF they contain it.

3) I like knowing exatly what im getting and being able to dose it how i like.

Ephedrine enhances ß-agonist production and even acts as a ß-agonist itself. Caffeine inhibits the breakdown of C-AMP. Asprin inhibits the negative feedback loop that would reduce ß-agonist production. So taken togather these agents enhance three to four different steps in the ß-agonist pathway.

http://www.ephedra.demon.nl/stories/artik005.htm

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    The purpose of aspirin is not to thin the blood and for transport... it is to potentiate the effect of ephedrine.

But I'm not about to try and shed light on the other topics or even if its appropriate to run the ECA stack without the aspirin because I have not yet done an ECA stack of my own. I'll leave that up to those that have. But I just wanted to clarify that one point

good post broken...

And the taste in my mouth if i burped a old style xenadrine was ungoddly.

If you read the article youll notice that the author says there is no need to cycle it. Only the side effects wear off. The lypolysis and muscle sparing effects dont diminish, even over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks
    If you read the article youll notice that the author says there is no need to cycle it. Only the side effects wear off. The lypolysis and muscle sparing effects dont diminish, even over a year.
    i read that somewhere too, but nobody ever belived me...im reading it right now

151 is offline Associate Member
    I just make my own and use 25 mg ephedrine hcl, 200 mg caffeine, and 300 mg aspirin. Always had good results. I've taken Stackers and other stuff like that, but I've always found my trusty ECA to be more effective and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 151
    I just make my own and use 25 mg ephedrine hcl, 200 mg caffeine, and 300 mg aspirin. Always had good results. I've taken Stackers and other stuff like that, but I've always found my trusty ECA to be more effective and cheaper.
    did you think the stackers and others were underdosed compared to the doses that you yourself can really handle

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    where do you get the individual supps like that?

I always felt like my ECA curbed my appetite a lot more and gave me a little more energy than the Stackers. Never carefully looked at what the Stackers had in them, but it might not be that they were underdosed. . .just that my ECA was dosed higher to begin with. Of course, it could have also been all in my head. ECA is what I first used to lose weight and I really dropped the weight fast, so in my mind nothing will probably ever live up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    where do you get the individual supps like that?
    Any retail store will sell aspirin. They also have caffeine in the form or Nodoz or stay awake or whatever. The standard dose seems to be 200 mg. You can find ephedra or ephedrine at a lot of gas stations or truck stops. That is, unless they have already pulled them off the shelves.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Because ephedra is getting pulled, would 250mg of caffine and 300mg of asprin suffice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Because ephedra is getting pulled, would 250mg of caffine and 300mg of asprin suffice?
    I don't think you'd get nearly the same effect without the ephedra. And without the ephedra, I'm not even sure that the aspirin would be necessary. The caffeine alone would probably give you some energy and curb your appetite a little. As far as a fat burner, though, I don't think it would have much of an effect. Not really sure, though. That's why I'm stocking up on ephedrine

coronahold34 is offline Associate Member
    is there any place on the net that still sells ephedrine....i live in NY and it is no where to be found....
    EFF

The eca stack will absolutly not work without Ehp.

But everything i am hearing says that the hcl pills everyone buys will still be legal. Though i bought a stockpille in case anyway. With all of the misinformation on it who knows what will still be legal.

anyone else?????

I've been making my own ECA for years....

25mg ephedra, 200mg caffeine, 81mg aspirin

When I had a lot of weight to lose, I took that dose 3x a day

Now that I am maintaining a decent weight, I take it 2x a day.

A word of advice, do not take ECA after 6pm if you want to sleep that night

Oh and another hint, Ephedra may be banned in the USA, but its not in Canada... we can buy it in just about any supplement store legally here. They only regulated it so we can only get the 8mg tabs instead of the 25mg tabs (big deal really, 3 smaller tabs instead of one larger one). I just don't know if they'll ship it to the USA... I guess if they do it's at your own risk...

My supplement store (I order from Popeyes in Edmonton) sells it for $50can ($37usd) for 250 8mg tabs.

Red

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    That's what I heard. Only the herbal ephedra is banned. The old epphedrine HCI will still be in over the counter medicines. Swolecat pointed this out before. I think he referred to a product called broncaid that should still be on shelves after this is over. I am sure there are more products. I bought one called maixmum strength vaspro ephedrine which lists it as an expectorant and broncodilator. The feedback on message boards that I have seen shows people like the ehpedrine HCI better than Ephedra. Maybe it is that the Ephedrine HCI is more of a regulated dose and you are sure to get the Milligrams stated where epherda is an extract that is standardized for a certail % of the herb.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    anyone know of any websites that one can buy ephedra pills. I say a site that was selling mini thins but didnt really look into it that much.

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    As someone stated in a previous thread, look up "ECA stack"on a web search. The possibilities are endless and still there.
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    That's what I heard. Only the herbal ephedra is banned. The old epphedrine HCI will still be in over the counter medicines. Swolecat pointed this out before. I think he referred to a product called broncaid that should still be on shelves after this is over. I am sure there are more products. I bought one called maixmum strength vaspro ephedrine which lists it as an expectorant and broncodilator. The feedback on message boards that I have seen shows people like the ehpedrine HCI better than Ephedra. Maybe it is that the Ephedrine HCI is more of a regulated dose and you are sure to get the Milligrams stated where epherda is an extract that is standardized for a certail % of the herb.
    this is a good point...i was looking at wal mart today and they even sell these "medical" types of ephedrine for rather cheap...i think their will be loopholes, but its always good to stock up

does anyone know if ephedra will go bad if its never opened and exposed to air???????

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    I love the ECA stack gives me a JOLT all day and also curbs my appetite...... With the recent ban on ephedra and Xendrine and those products..... I have started to make my own......

For all those looking to buy ephedrine and you are in the US I buy through a company in jersey their website is as follows: www.dnepharm.com

They sell the aspirin and caffeine pills as well....... If you do a search on ECA stack you can learn about what dosages to take and the amount of stacks to consume in a day.....

Hope that helped my AR buddies.......the ephedrine it is a great supplement.....why they banned ephedra products is beyond me but that is a different topic for a different day!!

Peace......

Steadyy................

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I noticed that when I leave the cotton in the bottle, it doesn't get that weird smell to it as quickly. So I'm pretty sure that when it's exposed to air it does break down.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    does anyone know if ephedra will go bad if its never opened and exposed to air???????

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    Without being exposed to air it should probably be good for about 3-4 years. But who knows how long it was in storage for and then on the shelves before you bought it.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    www.bulknutrition.com has vaspro ephedrine HCI........60/25mcg per bottle for 7 bucks.......hope that helps

Thread Information