does the thought make you cringe?

is it just me, but no matter how many injections i do, the thought of the tip of the needle in my muscle makes me cringe.its the fact that i keep thinking "what if someone wiggled the needle when its all the way in?".**** i dunno why i think about it but it just makes me cringe.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    When I need to shoot quads, I am sweating before I even draw out of the vial. I hit two or three nerves every time.

I actually get a kick out of shooting delts and chest.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i always get nervous when "its that time"...

glutes are a breeze but quads are like scary every time... I break out in a cold sweat and feel like passing out

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, to be honest, in the beginning when I did quads, I didn't like it, but now I miss doing injections. I actually love them.

I look forward to it

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    quads the easiest 4 me...by far

Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    quads the easiest 4 me...by far
    They are great for convienience, no stretching.

The muscle seems more dense there for some reason, I have to really push to get the needle in.

vaeltaire is offline Associate Member
    When I first started I hated injestions but now I love them. I look foward to my mon and thurs shots. I think jumpstarting with the prop got me over the fear of needles seems how I had to do it every other day for four weeks.

asymmetrical1 ,,, got any tips for quads since they are so easy for you? like where exactly are you hitting ? techniques? needle specs? any words of wisdom?

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    shoot at the outside of your quad....i like to go high outside towards my hip....use 23 guage 1 inch....also, hit your quads before squatting....so the muscle is exercised afterwards to minimize soreness
    Last edited by asymmetrical1; 04-05-2004 at 10:42 AM.

omen78 is offline Member
    i prefer to prop my arm on something and hit delts... easiest for me. Like blt said I'm actually looking forward to it.

Jhn36 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    shoot at the outside of your quad....i like to go high outside towards my hip....
    How high do you mean?

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    I only get scared when i do quads. I always feel like i hit something. Glutes are a breeze and delts are pretty easy to although sometime they hurt.

Bigbowboski is offline Member
    I love quads. never hit anything. goes in smooth,but **** sometimes there is product on the tip of the needle and it hurts like hell. I have to pull out and start another inject. Then all the product is gone and dont feel even the sllightest burn.

glutes scare the shiznit out of me, delts hurt like a SOB, bis are easy but i tend to hit a few veins.

Bigbowboski is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhn36
    How high do you mean?

yep thats it.. i hit the out side of my quad. You have about 13 inches of muscle to pick from..

panabolic is offline Associate Member

think of this..

I used feel the same way about injections, didn't look forward to them, in time that passed now its like putting on a pair of socks...no big deal. I would suggest watching Passion of the Christ and remember what JC went through then your little needle will feel like a walk in the park. Just my 2 cc's.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    how will you know if your getting near a nerve when you hit the quad?? im considering trying this next since i've done delts with no prob and glutes... (sorry no hijack ment)

When you push the needle in slowly, you can feel discomfort before hitting the actual nerve. At that point, you just pull back a little and go at a different angle.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    When you push the needle in slowly, you can feel discomfort before hitting the actual nerve. At that point, you just pull back a little and go at a different angle.
    sweet.. maybe ill give it a try as long as i will be able to tell an not just all of the sudden feel like im dying from piercing a nerve lol...

okiecocker is offline Junior Member
    Been doing Imitrex shots in my quads and shoulders 1/week for migraines for over 10 years now. Granted the dart is a bit smaller, but at first my hands would shake like hell, and couldn't do it w/o the self injector kit it came w/. Now it's just grab it and stick. Fixing to start my first cycle, but I just don't see myself having any trouble w/ that aspect of it. Like I said... It's just something you get used to. Kind of like diabetics.

I shoot quads at least twice a week and I stay on the outside edge and about 1/3rd of the way up from the knee. Never had any problems although I did have a post injection gusher the other day, my first, I feel so mature now. HA HA

Johnny Boy is offline Associate Member
    I love quads. It seems so easy compared to anywhere else, I don't know why everyone wouldn't do them (barring scar tissue that is).

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Good point. Thats whats I was going to say. push the needle in very slow. It's a piece of cake. Quads is all I hit, VERY easy

i injected quads alot, a couple times i hit somethin(a nerve or vein or w/e the hell it is) and after realizing the needle wouldnt go in further without ALOT of pain i pulled it out and tried again.

Aku
    Aku is offline Junior Member
    You know what helps me out is take your finger and massage (i mean deep tissue) the area you are about to hit....and if you don't feel a "pressure point" that makes you kinda tighten up then that would be the place to hit...then kinda tap the area with slow deep pokes with your finger...and then the area would become somewhat numb... clean the area of course, then hit it....and I am referring to specific area's of the bi's, and quads....

Quote Originally Posted by Aku
    You know what helps me out is take your finger and massage (i mean deep tissue) the area you are about to hit....and if you don't feel a "pressure point" that makes you kinda tighten up then that would be the place to hit...then kinda tap the area with slow deep pokes with your finger...and then the area would become somewhat numb... clean the area of course, then hit it....and I am referring to specific area's of the bi's, and quads....
    Thanks AKU! tried your method and had the best quad shot of my life! can't wait till next one now...

Mullhar is offline Junior Member

How come?

Hey I haven't seen it...did JC shoot his gear with an 18g needle or something crazy like that??

Quote Originally Posted by panabolic
    I used feel the same way about injections, didn't look forward to them, in time that passed now its like putting on a pair of socks...no big deal. I would suggest watching Passion of the Christ and remember what JC went through then your little needle will feel like a walk in the park. Just my 2 cc's.

Thread Information