Thread: Squats??

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

Squats??

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...2000/squat.jpg

WHat are your thoughts on effectiveness of the above....still produce the same amount of test as normal squats, meaning axilliartation wise? They really seem to isolate the quad area nicely!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hack squats? Not really. I feel it more in my glutes in hack squats...however theyre a nice axillary to throw in with squats. Some will disagree w me im sure..

Triple X is offline Banned
    I also like to do them along with squats

angelripper is offline Associate Member
    why do you fags always try to find an alternative for squats?because there hard to do and they make you feel like your gonna die,right?that stupid little iso leg thing your on is for pussys so dont do squat and continue having week skinny legs.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by angelripper
    why do you fags always try to find an alternative for squats?because there hard to do and they make you feel like your gonna die,right?that stupid little iso leg thing your on is for pussys so dont do squat and continue having week skinny legs.
    Although your reply did make me smile could you please leave out the homophobic language nect time.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ ditto... lmao

I think the set up of most machine hacks is garbage by the way.

If i do hacks i do 'em on the hipsled..or with a barbell held under my glutes, with my heels elevated.

I think free-weight front squats are a better isolation exercise for quads anyway...an "isolatory mass builder"

chest6 is offline Banned
    Pft..squats. i hate squats. Leg extentions for and dumbell lunges around a football field with 5lb dumbbells for size.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I think the set up of most machine hacks is garbage by the way.

If i do hacks i do 'em on the hipsled..or with a barbell held under my glutes, with my heels elevated.

I think free-weight front squats are a better isolation exercise for quads anyway...an "isolatory mass builder"
    Yep..I hate it.. the foot plate thing is too far inwards...causing your knees to fly over your toes..which just sucks and makes it have no purpose. I have found a few that are good and where I can really sit back and scorch my quads..but not at this gym thus why I havent done them in forever. I like front squats..but i dont like em cuz i do legs after shoulders and it takes a lil shoulder to hold the weight up..

^^ CHest6 for president

Shoulder pain..bah. My delts don't get sore.

Bring on the front squats.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Meh u know what. More I think about it. My delts never get sore either. BUT they did after those incline laterals with 40s..my god that was hard....they were sore as hell after that. I was grunting like a madman every rep w/ my w/o partner whacking me in the face btwn reps

Next week. FRONT SQUATS W00t

I have legs this evening... hm.. Should I? SHould i?

I'll think about it

chest6 is offline Banned
    Do it!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    cant replace the squat with machine exercises, hacks squats or leg presses or smith machine squats arent even close to free weight squats.

^^ditto

Barbell hacks are solid too!

chest6 is offline Banned
    I think im now obsessed with ass to ground squats..hams to calves

I havent been able to walk since Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I think im now obsessed with ass to ground squats..hams to calves

I havent been able to walk since Saturday
    GOOD JOB glad to hear someones knot afraid to squat.try this on your last set. drop the weight down to something you can do for 10 or 12 reps...and try for 20 reps that will realy make you feel like your gonna die.and it will have all the other chumps doing barb curls on the other squat racks looking at you like your insane.

I would LOVE to go ATF.....but at 6'2, and a ton of prior cardio torture (i.e. running for years as a kid) it's hell on my knees and back......I mean, I can barely do 95 lbs totally atf.......sucks.....how do I get better?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im 6'2" also

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    I would LOVE to go ATF.....but at 6'2, and a ton of prior cardio torture (i.e. running for years as a kid) it's hell on my knees and back......I mean, I can barely do 95 lbs totally atf.......sucks.....how do I get better?
    knee wraps and pause box squats bellow parallel

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    knee wraps and pause box squats bellow parallel
    Doc at what point do you think knee wraps are needed ? I don't really get knee pain but its always on my mind as my squat weight increases.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    i was also a runner when i was younger,..50-70mile weeks from ages 15-17 really did a number on my body...i cant do squats...my knees cant take it..and rather than hurt myself..i use a machine...at my gym they have a squat machine on the back of a benchpress machine...it works for me...of course nothing is like a free weight squat...this works for me

TCEL

Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    i was also a runner when i was younger,..50-70mile weeks from ages 15-17 really did a number on my body...i cant do squats...my knees cant take it..and rather than hurt myself..i use a machine...at my gym they have a squat machine on the back of a benchpress machine...it works for me...of course nothing is like a free weight squat...this works for me

TCEL
    umm no it doesnt work for you just look at your legs and ask yourself is it really workin for you?its all in your mind.another i cant squat it hurts to much exuse.I bet if your gym had a lazy boy recliner with a leg press built on it you would be praising it.

TCEL300 is offline Member
    your a jerkoff...the lazyboy is at my house as well as your mother...both are workn great...after numerous times ****n' up my knees my dr.'s and i came to the agreement that squats with my knees r no good..im coming back NOW from hurting my knee doing squats...and have talked to numerous people who have told me that great bb have built leg routines without squats..i have seen people speak on this subject here...just like i cant do leg extensions..because of my knee...give me 6 months pal....and u will eat your words...my legs looked great off of weighted lunges..that "pussy" squat machine" leg presses and stiff legged deadlifts

umm no it doesnt work for you just look at your legs and ask yourself is it really workin for you?its all in your mind.another i cant squat it hurts to much exuse.I bet if your gym had a lazy boy recliner with a leg press built on it you would be praising it.
    Rude.. but

your a jerkoff...the lazyboy is at my house as well as your mother...both are workn great...after numerous times ****n' up my knees my dr.'s and i came to the agreement that squats with my knees r no good..im coming back NOW from hurting my knee doing squats...and have talked to numerous people who have told me that great bb have built leg routines without squats..i have seen people speak on this subject here...just like i cant do leg extensions..because of my knee...give me 6 months pal....and u will eat your words...my legs looked great off of weighted lunges..that "pussy" squat machine" leg presses and stiff legged deadlifts
    HEY i know your mad about knot being abole to squat and having thin week legs.Id be mad too.just wear long pants all the time and maybe know one will notice.Dont get mad at my sarcastic quots.Its just my way of constructive critasizem.
    Last edited by angelripper; 11-28-2006 at 03:51 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ROFL lazy boy with leg press attached ROFL im dying..

...my legs looked great off of weighted lunges..that "pussy" squat machine" leg presses and stiff legged deadlifts
    How can you not be able to squat.. but are able to do lunges?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    very funny shit!

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    very funny shit!
    I agree Beast.

Jakspro is offline Member
    There are different types of squats, some hurt in different places regardless of perfect form. We're not all built the same. But the hack squat shouldn't be used as primary UNLESS like you said your just trying to rehab injury... But even then i'd recommend low ass weight squats for that. Like everyone mentioned, most Hacks cause stress on your knees. I blew my right hip with AssToGrass squats exactly a year ago, couldn't do them for 6 months... So i did different lighter weight squats. My right leg suffered in strength alittle but saved alot of size on both logs from trial and error squatting.

Squats save lives bro.

Thread Information