Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Do you look like crap most of the year?

I do. I get ripped after 15 weeks of stringent dieting but most of the year I blimp out - particularly around the waist. My hispanic girl calls me "gordo" or "gordito." I could stay lean year round but I like the process of striving for mass and putting up with the fat gain only to shred it through hard work.

Snrf is offline Banned
    i stay around 15% all year around..but I'm natty (til next week or two)...

i think you can bulk cleanly, it would kinda negate the purpose of bbing to look like shit half the year

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    After my cut at the end of the month, I plan on staying 10% and under year round

Jakspro is offline Member
    Do you continue to put on mass and maintain it year after year when you lean out? A significant amount?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I look like crap most of the time yeah. Or hell all of the time to be honest. Not because I bulk hard to strive for more muscle but because Im to lazy most of the year Im 100% focused when I cut, never miss cardio, workouts or meals.

But during the rest of the year I dont care much, I skip workouts if I feel lazy or tired, I eat crap more often than I should, I never do cardio, I miss meals more often than not.

It's a slow process but I am gaining from year to year. I started juicing last summer ( I used grey market stuff before that) so the jury is still out to answering that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    Do you continue to put on mass and maintain it year after year when you lean out? A significant amount?

I'm pretty hard core about it. When I'm feeling less that 100% I'll take a week off or just change the training style.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I look like crap most of the time yeah. Or hell all of the time to be honest. Not because I bulk hard to strive for more muscle but because Im to lazy most of the year Im 100% focused when I cut, never miss cardio, workouts or meals.

But during the rest of the year I dont care much, I skip workouts if I feel lazy or tired, I eat crap more often than I should, I never do cardio, I miss meals more often than not.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    i get pudgy when i bulk but i would never let my abs completely dissapear

chest6 is offline Banned
    I always start out good while bulking but then it always gets outta hand I get up to 15/16% bodyfat when I get too lazy to keep the cardio

Rye_guy is offline Member
    man, I tend to bulk more than cut, so Im always kinda blimpy, but summer comes Ill drop the tub.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah same here. As long as im cut up for summer it really doesnt matter. Im thinking ill just keep adding mass and see if I can eventually compete. Not w/ the biceps I have now..but we'll see. So I mean until then...its always offseason.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I stay lean all year. I get a little softer in the winter. Maybe not have a full 6-pack.
    I like looking good for the ladies

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    until this year i get big during the winter, we went on a cruise over thanksgiving, so i was pretty good then, so i've just continued through the winter this year, we'll see how it goes for the summer...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i stay fat year round but i plan on chaning that this yr.since i dont have summers anymore to party all night it will be a lote easier

chest6 is offline Banned
    what u do summers now

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I have looked like shit for 24 years now.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Im pretty fat most of the time
    I definitely re-thought thigns this year though and plan to stayleaner year round. Not sure what bf% Im at or want to stay at. My avatar is where Im at right now (taken a few days ago jus standin in the gym) but I dont want my bf% gettin any higher than it is now.

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Bino SICK AVY MAN!!!

Thanks man. I know you know my story with losing weight recently so I feel as though Im small and look like hell. But hey thats what this lifestyle does to us when we arent at 100%.

Now I just gotta get abs like yours lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Thanks man. I know you know my story with losing weight recently so I feel as though Im small and look like hell. But hey thats what this lifestyle does to us when we arent at 100%.

I was under the impression that you (Or at least your back) were smaller from the pictures I have seen.

Boy was I wrong. I wish my shit was thick like that. I got traps but my lats arent that big really.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I was under the impression that you (Or at least your back) were smaller from the pictures I have seen.

Boy was I wrong. I wish my shit was thick like that. I got traps but my lats arent that big really.
    Ya I remember when I posted pics before my lats were under "fire" from you guys. It was a horrible pic so I knew I had to redeem myself once I got someone to take a lat shot for me lol.

Traps for me have always been a weakpoint, we should trade secrets.

chest6 is offline Banned
    o snap. Likin the avy as well.

chest6 is offline Banned
    yeah and throw some bi secrets in for me

rafael is offline Associate Member
    i stay in shape all year round...perhaps if i was competing i would gain and loose like some of you guys..i dunno :P

chest6 is offline Banned
    I know if I could ever get under 10% it would be much easier staying under 12%.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Im 100% focused when I cut, never miss cardio, workouts or meals.

pretty much me exactly. i can always see my abs. but i'm only shredded for about 3-4 months out of the year. after each summer, its JAKKED UP time...

Ya I remember when I posted pics before my lats were under "fire" from you guys. It was a horrible pic so I knew I had to redeem myself once I got someone to take a lat shot for me lol.

Traps for me have always been a weakpoint, we should trade secrets.

Just drop set shrugs really at the end of my lat workout, and BB rows, close grip underhanded pulldowns mostly, I love those. I don't deadlift too much, it kinda interferes with my SLDL and squats which are on leg day. Maybe thats my problem....

BTW they don't look like a weak point honestly man.

yer lats just look really full and thick, ****in mus be nice man.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I'm pretty hard core about it. When I'm feeling less that 100% I'll take a week off or just change the training style.

I was like that for 4 years or so, then I lost my motivation and it wasnt fun anymore. My motto in life is that I wont waste time on things I dont enjoy unless its something that ultimately brings more joy into my life. Cutting makes me happy when I am done with it So then I am motivated to stay focused.
    But beeing to focused year round just tears me down mentaly and makes me obsessive compulsive to the point that I feel like utter shit if I happen to eat some candy or miss a workout. Id rather have a little fudge to grab and not care

yeah i look like crap 24/7/365 coz im just a big fatty!

Logan13 is offline Banned
    I do. I get ripped after 15 weeks of stringent dieting but most of the year I blimp out - particularly around the waist. My hispanic girl calls me "gordo" or "gordito." I could stay lean year round but I like the process of striving for mass and putting up with the fat gain only to shred it through hard work.
    Ziora(sp)?

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I stay below 10% at all times. I have to in order to enjoy my life, my hobbies, and to be able to fit in my clothes correctly.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I am trying to add anywhere from 20-30 pounds of muscle a year. Its not practical to be ripped while striving for that. natty

I am on the fast track

I am on dc, and anyone on dc can recite this.

"your 200 pounds, eat like a 250 pounder to get freakshow bigger, make the most rapid strength gains in perferct form at the most dramatically fast rate possible as this will equate to the absolute most rapid size gains possibe. Use everything at your disposal (carb cutoffs, green tea, cardio) to stay at a bodyfat you are proud of or can live with. this is about turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace"
    Last edited by IronReload04; 01-15-2007 at 04:06 PM.

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    I was like that for 4 years or so, then I lost my motivation and it wasnt fun anymore. My motto in life is that I wont waste time on things I dont enjoy unless its something that ultimately brings more joy into my life. Cutting makes me happy when I am done with it So then I am motivated to stay focused.
    But beeing to focused year round just tears me down mentaly and makes me obsessive compulsive to the point that I feel like utter shit if I happen to eat some candy or miss a workout. Id rather have a little fudge to grab and not care
    great point if i ever have to skip foods i love or hobbys (shuffel board n beer eow)then its gotten too obsesive and no longer a fun hobby.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    i never ever cut. i cant afford to. my bf always stays below 10%, well i got it to about 14% once, im one of the lucky people who can put on weigh but never ever see a increase in fat really. my weight goes on realy sloww i mean real slow, but its nice solid muscle.

and do i look like shit most of the year... yes compared to what i want to look like haha

You got some nice thickness bro.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I have abs at contest time only.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Do you look like crap most of the year?
    I'm pretty lean year around.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I'm pretty lean year around.

you dont count carlos

Anastasia is offline Female Member
    Yes

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i maintain my physique year round. I may slack off a few months, but nothing drastic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information