system admin is offline Owner

Can I get some feedback please?

I stop in from time to time to see how things are going, however lately I have slacked off from the board quite a bit. Several things to mention:

1. Our forum traffic is trending at an all time high.

2. Our main website is breaking records every month.

BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A HUGE PROBLEM....

***Where the hell are all of our members????????

We have 12,000 guests online and usually we have 1600 or more members. Lately, I see that we have 250 members online. Can anyone shed some light on this while I kick the forum back into high gear??!

What the hell happened?

Has the forum been neglected?

Is there anything strange going on?

Input would be MUCH appreciated! ***Things are about to CHANGE around here!***

Bc

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    I know that when you do a seach in google about anything steroid related, this site always pops up so i think that explains all the guests.
    I havent been around here for that long but there seems to be way too many newbs posting crap and asking the same simple questions over and over so maybe alot of the experienced members go elsewhere?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I haven't really noticed anything different with the forum or its members to be honest but I have seen alot of guests lately. It always seems to be the the liveliest steroid forum around and maybe we have alot of lurkers at present and they are reading the stickies and doing their research and when they are ready will join.

The Bishop is offline Banned
    Last edited by The Bishop; 11-13-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Marcus... where have many of the "Members" gone? We used to have 2000 MEMBERS online... now 250. I also see that a lot of Vets and others have not been around. Any ideas?

I am hiring more people to be here FULL time and we will be back to normal in no time.

Bishop, We will be a lot more focused on flaming and harassment, although in the past, our members usually take care of that themselves. Do you see a lot of flaming or "out of the norm" behavior from our members?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    Marcus... where have many of the "Members" gone? We used to have 2000 MEMBERS online... now 250. I also see that a lot of Vets and others have not been around. Any ideas?
    There are alot of staff who don't post anymore, Ive no idea why maybe they are busy in their personal life's. I do lurk on other forums and I am staff on some but there isn't any what I know of what are in the same league IMHO. Alot of other forums have agenda's and push certain companies which are either fake or poor quality, this forum is firm but fair and is without doubt the best on the net.

If we are that many members down there is a reason for it and we need to look at how we move forward and start growing again. I will get my thinking cap

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    This site popped up on google first which is how I found it. and yes, Im a newb around here. However I would say that my take is that the regulars often call the newbs stupid and make fun of them thus harming the expierience. On other forums that im on related to my interests, people who "flame" either get suspended or banned. So think about it, A newb joins, asks a question and has like 7 insults thrown at him/her. Would you come back? lol...

Just my 1864 2 cent piece...
    Most of the members are ok and new members get flamed when being a smart ass or get told some advice that they dont want to hear ie: being too young!
    I actually considered moving once mainly coz of all the repedative newb posts but there are also knowledgeable members such as bonaparte that kept me here.

MUCH appreciated Marcus. We will get to the bottom of it and fix the issue. I am bringing in 3 more ADMIN and we are going to figure out what issues are keeping the member activity low. I am on top of this and I will not allow this issue to continue. Thanks again for all the help you bring to the forum

Bc

A lot? no. Enough to scare newbs off? yes. Then again its just my "opinion" and im not calling any individual out. In fact I think its kind of funny and in reality I have not been victim of it but look around and its not hard to find. So from a "subscription" view point that would be my opinion as to why people join, post a couple times and never come back. Not to mention the topic this site enables. Think about all the people that join the gym for a year only to stop working out and never go back after 2 weeks.

From a user standpoint, I joined this forum after getting a prescription for some gear, did a google search and found this site because by nature I am a forum kind of person belonging to coin forums, motorcycle forums and others for years. Some have you join but then there is a 7 day waiting period before you can post. Others wont even let you view posts without joining so there are probably some tweaks that could be made to help with subscription. Putting that aside I really think the Regs are tired of the newbs questions over and over and the newbs tire of being flamed as soon as they join. Its a culture thing that can probably work it self out as the lag from "guests" to "members" catch up..

Ps: I do like this site and don't plan on leaving but am also guilty of not using the "search feature" very often.
    I hear your point and I do understand where you are going with it, However I am not talking about NEW members joining. I am more concerned with the AMOUNT of members who are logging on and posting. We used to have 1500-2000 members online at any given time and the forum was a lot more active and had a lot more knowledgeable guys around to help. They are leaving for a reason and people will do what they do, but we want to find out why so we can fix the issue OR at least KNOW what the issues are. Thanks again for input

Bc

Mr. Small is offline Member
    I just joined recently, but i can understand people getting ticked of on here with silly threads. 50% of threads on the forum are newbies asking if 'this cycle ok for starter', when the beginner cycle should be STICKIED to stop these wastfull threads appearing.

Also, under 25's asking about gear in a new thread when they shouldn't be.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    This site popped up on google first which is how I found it. and yes, Im a newb around here. However I would say that my take is that the regulars often call the newbs stupid and make fun of them thus harming the expierience. On other forums that im on related to my interests, people who "flame" either get suspended or banned. So think about it, A newb joins, asks a question and has like 7 insults thrown at him/her. Would you come back? lol...

Just my 1864 2 cent piece...
    sounds like you are a banned ex noob..........

and fyi they arent treated like this, they 99% of time start spitting their dummies out of their prams and then what do they expect in return?

imho its idiots like these that put ppl off advising in Q&A, hence my idea of a beginners forum and an experienced forum with the former having to spend a certain amount of time in that forum before being allowed to progress
    Last edited by dec11; 10-15-2011 at 12:28 PM.

guitario is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    sounds like you are a banned ex noob..........

and fyi they arent treated like this, they 99% of time start spitting their dummies out of their prams and then what do they expect in return?

imho its idiots like these that put ppl off advising in Q&A, hence my idea of a beginners forum and an experienced forum with the former having to spend a certain amount of time in that forum before being allowed to progress
    Thus increasing the elitism on here. All forums are guilty of it but this one is by far the worst i have been a member of.

An answer to all the same threads popping up is to have someone go through the first couple pages each day and lock all the threads that are duplicates of recent ones with a final post that links to a sticky. It's a 10 minute job that could be done by a mod on a daily basis.

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    I have to say that although I understand the reasoning behind the senior/knowledgable/respected members maybe getting p133ed off with newbie questions',,,,,,,,,,we are talking about grown ups here,,,,,,,,and they either just wouldn't reply to the post or not even look, so I don't think that's the answer. I wish I could throw some credible light on "why", but all I can come up with is the members either have more pressing things on their minds, given the current climate, or they are just too busy. There is going to be a fall off with attrition as is always the case but the numbers admin are quoting is a bit concerning I guess. What I can say is that this is a respected forum, that's easy to tell, cos there are some knowledgable people here. I'd hate to think people are leaving because they feel otherwise, although I'm sure this isn't the case.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    I think it is just a matter of time management, I for one am not able to visit the site when my work is full bore. With work family and gym. Posting on the forum will fall last. I do enjoy and benefit from the time I do get to spend on your site. Thanks for keeping it rolling...
    Last edited by Sicko; 10-15-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    I hear your point and I do understand where you are going with it, However I am not talking about NEW members joining. I am more concerned with the AMOUNT of members who are logging on and posting. We used to have 1500-2000 members online at any given time and the forum was a lot more active and had a lot more knowledgeable guys around to help. They are leaving for a reason and people will do what they do, but we want to find out why so we can fix the issue OR at least KNOW what the issues are. Thanks again for input

Bc
    we do know of guys who where poached off to other forums for some reason or another. when i joined there were guys constantly in q&a who now seem to spend their time in the lounge alot more. it was wasnt as overrun with teenagers, but it has fallen away due to the influx of impetuous kids. but in saying that, there is not much you can do about it.

i personally try to not get too involved with q&a anymore as i know it will result in me most prob getting suspended or banned (again lol)

Blog Entries
    Last edited by dec11; 10-15-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: double post

trix1000 is offline Junior Member
    I'm fairly new here and for the most part the senior members have been cool with me as far as asking silly questions, I think it's to be expected of us newbs- (dumb questions)
    Lots of new members join to gain knowledge from you guys- at least that was my reason. It's not like we can just walk up to the giants in our local gyms while he's in the middle of his sets and start shooting off at the mouth and start interrogating him for info lol cause he'd probably clean n jerk me through the squat rack. So I joined up to get info. A few members have been very cool... Others well fudge you can't get along with everyone so just keep it moving till you find someone that'll help u.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitario View Post
    Thus increasing the elitism on here. All forums are guilty of it but this one is by far the worst i have been a member of.

An answer to all the same threads popping up is to have someone go through the first couple pages each day and lock all the threads that are duplicates of recent ones with a final post that links to a sticky. It's a 10 minute job that could be done by a mod on a daily basis.
    well what is elitism and what is experience in your opinion?

imo there are afew 'know it alls' around but very little, the majority give advice based on their experiences

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    we do know of guys who where poached off to other forums for some reason or another. when i joined there were guys constantly in q&a who now seem to spend their time in the lounge alot more. it was wasnt as overrun with teenagers, but it has fallen away due to the influx of impetuous kids. but in saying that, there is not much you can do about it.

i personally try to not get too involved with q&a anymore as i know it will result in me most prob getting suspended or banned (again lol)
    Lol.

Also in relation to what you mentioned about the youngsters,,,,,,,,,,,it seems there are a lot more teenagers strutting around the gyms nowadays, certainly at the gym I use. Spotty backs, arms like sticks and walk around looking as if they are carrying a roll of carpet. They are all getting into the AAS and cos of it's relatively ease of getting hold of, they now patrol sites like these looking for a quick fix

Blog Entries
    to expand on The Bishop's comments about noobs being put off, ive had tussells with some and ended up befriending them via pm's and on one occasion almost immediately i get 'im only really building a post count here to get a source, you know any'? im like, 'what does it say below my join date'?!

and i have the pm if admin wants to see it for proof.

so, its not as black and white as it seems The Bishop, alot have agendas on here and alot are re-joins who like to stir up trouble and some of us have the perception to see that
    Last edited by dec11; 10-15-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOCOP View Post
    Lol.

Also in relation to what you mentioned about the youngsters,,,,,,,,,,,it seems there are a lot more teenagers strutting around the gyms nowadays, certainly at the gym I use. Spotty backs, arms like sticks and walk around looking as if they are carrying a roll of carpet. They are all getting into the AAS and cos of it's relatively ease of getting hold of, they now patrol sites like these looking for a quick fix
    for def mate, ive said this before, 'AAS are the new Ecstasy'

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    It's always been like that 2424124 guests and 12 members online

I always thought it was a glitch or something to make the forum look better than it was LOL

I think a lot of the slow down imo is to do with the season, people are back into there routines and don't have the time to come on here and copy and paste the same shit for every new person who asks the same god dam question over and over and over and over and OVER again.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not sure how I sound like a "banned ex noob" as you describe but can assure you that I am a NEW-NEWB around here. Im quite sure any admin can verify that with a simple ip and location check.(takes a bow)However, that kind of comment shows what I mean. My punishment for posting my opinion in a thread entitled "Can I get some feedback please" is to be called a "banned ex noob" by a member with well over 10,000 posts...

Im a moderator on 2 other forums(both coin & buisness related) and a member of several other forums for years and I can tell you that things like that just simply doesnt fly. As a basic fundamental, someone who is established calling someone a noob, banned noob, whatever ultimately causes a challange for the new person because other regs and even noobs see that and assume its true thus causing a members "rep" to be tarnished. Many forum moderators simply delete posts like that and send an auto pm to the member explaining rules. Here is just a snippet of rules using copy & paste from a site I moderate on which currently has 772 guests and 2,603 members signed in and online at this exact moment. "banned ex noob" caller, pay close attention to #4 & 6 lol
    -----------------------------------------------

Moderators, the Super Moderator, and the ****** Administration may delete, hide, or move posts and threads that do not follow the rules, or for any reason deemed in the best interests of the Forum.

Moderators, the Super Moderator and the ****** Administration may suspend or ban any member immediately and without notice who:

(1) Commits the same rule infraction after having previously been warned about the same rule.
    (2) Commits more than four infractions of any rule.
    (3) ‘Pirates’ other contributors’ handles.
    (4) Has multiple ‘handles’ or has re-registered a new handle after being banned.
    (5) Talks down to or uses vulgar language towards another member.
    (6) Belittles members based on their post count or experience.
    (7) Advocates wars, death, or destruction, or who threatens political, business or community leaders.

------------------------------------------------------

It goes on and on, point being most forums use such standards. The 10,000 post plus members are valued, but also contribute to the culture both good and bad. The key for forums to have a decent number count is to enable new users to have a good experience so that a percentage of them stick. The established users can become the "old boys club" real quick and harm the "new user" experience as just shown. If everything is the same, then this has to be explored as a possible cause as it makes logical sense. So many forums to join nowadays in every catagory. Can't let a few ruin it for the many or you end up with low member count online eventually.

Signed, NEW member of this forum(about a month).
    I think if you check my man dec has been banned from time to time he speaks his mind ,I think your being a bit sensitive and for the short time I have been here I havent noticed the old boys club happening here

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Not sure how I sound like a "banned ex noob" as you describe but can assure you that I am a NEW-NEWB around here. Im quite sure any admin can verify that with a simple ip and location check.(takes a bow)However, that kind of comment shows what I mean. My punishment for posting my opinion in a thread entitled "Can I get some feedback please" is to be called a "banned ex noob" by a member with well over 10,000 posts...

Im a moderator on 2 other forums(both coin & buisness related) and a member of several other forums for years and I can tell you that things like that just simply doesnt fly. As a basic fundamental, someone who is established calling someone a noob, banned noob, whatever ultimately causes a challange for the new person because other regs and even noobs see that and assume its true thus causing a members "rep" to be tarnished. Many forum moderators simply delete posts like that and send an auto pm to the member explaining rules. Here is just a snippet of rules using copy & paste from a site I moderate on which currently has 772 guests and 2,603 members signed in and online at this exact moment. "banned ex noob" caller, pay close attention to #4 & 6 lol

Moderators, the Super Moderator, and the ****** Administration may delete, hide, or move posts and threads that do not follow the rules, or for any reason deemed in the best interests of the Forum.

Moderators, the Super Moderator and the ****** Administration may suspend or ban any member immediately and without notice who:

(1) Commits the same rule infraction after having previously been warned about the same rule.
    (4) Has multiple ‘handles’ or has re-registered a new handle after being banned.
    (7) Advocates wars, death, or destruction, or who threatens political, business or community leaders.

It goes on and on, point being most forums use such standards. The 10,000 post plus members are valued, but also contribute to the culture both good and bad. The key for forums to have a decent number count is to enable new users to have a good experience so that a percentage of them stick. The established users can become the "old boys club" real quick and harm the "new user" experience as just shown. If everything is the same, then this has to be explored as a possible cause as it makes logical sense. So many forums to join nowadays in every catagory. Can't let a few ruin it for the many or you end up with low member count online eventually.

This isn't a "coin or business" forum bro & shouldn't b compared 2 such, this is STEROID .COM, testosterone flows like the Nile round here & the personalities r sarcastic & rough as sand paper, thick skin is mandatory. This forum is GREAT, my job is so precision & serious, I love coming here & hangin out with guys that understand & accept sarcasm & criticism, in a comunity that polices itself, sometimes aggressively, but that's just the nature of a site like this. Check ur "feelings" @ the door...............
    Last edited by The Bear 79; 10-15-2011 at 05:43 PM.

SufferToReturnHarder is offline Associate Member
    If it wasn't for the vets being tough on the newbies, then they would never listen. I've seen these guys help/ save so many new members on this forum. I applaude them, and I believe coming at the newbs from a hard stand point really gets the point across that using roids, isn't some quick and easy fix for a big body or decision.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I enjoy this forum but am I the only one that has seen the speed of navigating around slow way down since the upgrade about a year ago or so. I have cable internet service and everything else runns fast.

Not to put word's in B's mouth, but I think he is less concerned with the newb's feelings or new members joining, and more concerned with why well-respected members and vets with a wealth of information to offer the board, are not active and not posting.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Well I would say it's the Bojangles syndrome. Where a banned member keeps coming back and baiting people into arguments and then members start turning on each other, it gets ugly and turns the vets off and they go elsewhere. But I don't think that to be the case. I'm sure they seen a lot worse. I could point fingers and say they don't like the mods here but again that wouldn't be fair to the mods. Could be a person or persons sexual orientation here that ticked them off so they moved to a straighter site? Well lets see now this place is about 99.999999999999999% straight, so again that isn't the case. I'm running out of ideas. Someone here maybe has BO? lol I'm guessing it's just that time of the year and they are busy elsewhere and will return when the time allows. That is my hope anyways. Everything else would be petty. imo And besides I would think that them being vets and all if they had issues here they would have approached Admin with them before giving up and leaving the place, especially since they had a hand in making this board what it is. Just thinking out loud here.

Blog Entries

you seem to have an awful bee in your bonnet about this, you havent been here long and cant really input much tbh, i didnt flame you, i merely pointed out the fact that you seem like you have an agenda, which happens here alot here.

SA asked a specific question which you have no answer for, and how could you, due to lack of longevity? i dont understand why you feel so put out?

sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade and if you're not involved , why worry about it, id of thought you'd be busy enough moderating your other forums?
    Last edited by dec11; 10-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    I've been a member here for a while and have known lots of knowledgeable guys, and got to know some on a personal basis with shooting the breeze and discussing family and such, but they have moved on for their own reasons and some because they said they and admin talk about certain things and mutually agreed to go elsewhere.

I do believe some of its the economy and lots are not hitting the juice as much and therefore don't come on here to talk or give advise cause they aren't doing it and it bums them out. The age to be on this site has always been the same but even in my short time back from a lay off from here, the age at which we safely advise someone to take steroids has changed and that seems to have discouraged some to come and stay on this board. I believe its part of a new society where the young want it now and no matter what. Being the top dog when it comes to knowledge of steroids, it want take long for those whom felt jilted cause they didn't get their source or told they shouldn't use cause of being to young start spreading the word on other forums that there's no need to go to our site cause its a waste of time, in there eyes and mind.

When I first became a member I received advise and got slammed from 21 to 41 year olds. There were lots of college aged guys juicing, knew it was dangerous, but were very smart about all subject matter but also gave correct advise. Its hard to be a vet of sorts or member of a site that lets it be known that 25 years old is the starting or should be to use steroids and there's no gray area. Its like a catch 22. Kinda hard to give negative advise about using gear when you are same age and using. Its hard to explain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 10nispro View Post
    I've been a member here for a while and have known lots of knowledgeable guys, and got to know some on a personal basis with shooting the breeze and discussing family and such, but they have moved on for their own reasons and some because they said they and admin talk about certain things and mutually agreed to go elsewhere.

I do believe some of its the economy and lots are not hitting the juice as much and therefore don't come on here to talk or give advise cause they aren't doing it and it bums them out. The age to be on this site has always been the same but even in my short time back from a lay off from here, the age at which we safely advise someone to take steroids has changed and that seems to have discouraged some to come and stay on this board. I believe its part of a new society where the young want it now and no matter what. Being the top dog when it comes to knowledge of steroids, it want take long for those whom felt jilted cause they didn't get their source or told they shouldn't use cause of being to young start spreading the word on other forums that there's no need to go to our site cause its a waste of time, in there eyes and mind.

When I first became a member I received advise and got slammed from 21 to 41 year olds. There were lots of college aged guys juicing, knew it was dangerous, but were very smart about all subject matter but also gave correct advise. Its hard to be a vet of sorts or member of a site that lets it be known that 25 years old is the starting or should be to use steroids and there's no gray area. Its like a catch 22. Kinda hard to give negative advise about using gear when you are same age and using. Its hard to explain.
    very good points.

i think we can deduce that there isnt any easy answer here.

Thread Information