Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    meatsncheese is offline New Member

First Cycle (Test Prop, Var)

I'm putting together a short first 6-8 week cycle of Test prop and var and wanted some input on what I have so far.

I initially was going to do an anavar only cycle (even knowing that its not a good idea) and if it wern't for the source I bought from sending me a free vial of test p I probably still would be, but after looking at some how to's on injecting and seeing that it really doesn't look that bad i decided to order up some needles and swabs and go for it, (actually looking forward to it). I've already spent lots of money on goodies so im trying to only buy things if need be but what i have so far is this:

Weeks 1-6/8 Anavar 50mg
    Weeks 2-6/8 Test Prop 50mg EOD (the free vial is only 100mg/ml 10ml)

PCT will be some clomid and nolva for 3 weeks. Also have aromasin on hand and am reading mixed answers on using it or just using it as needed?

So thats my rough draft so far, I prefer the short in and out cycles. im still indecisive on how long I should run it for or if I should order more test P or if that will be fine for just maintenance dose to keep libido around. My goals are to add some size, 10 or more lbs, and mainly strength.

Some stats:
    -Been lifting for 6 years but got serous about it for the last 3.
    -5'9 175lbs around 12% bf
    -I'll be 21 by the time i get around to the cycle and i understand thats young to some around here and theres not a lot i can say about that. I will say that I started reading into steroids 2 years ago and I know my body and what training and diets work best for me and im confident that I have what it takes to run a cycle safe and optimally. The risks im willing to take.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatsncheese
    I'm putting together a short first 6-8 week cycle of Test prop and var and wanted some input on what I have so far. I initially was going to do an anavar only cycle (even knowing that its not a good idea) and if it wern't for the source I bought from sending me a free vial of test p I probably still would be, but after looking at some how to's on injecting and seeing that it really doesn't look that bad i decided to order up some needles and swabs and go for it, (actually looking forward to it). I've already spent lots of money on goodies so im trying to only buy things if need be but what i have so far is this: Weeks 1-6/8 Anavar 50mg Weeks 2-6/8 Test Prop 50mg EOD (the free vial is only 100mg/ml 10ml) PCT will be some clomid and nolva for 3 weeks. Also have aromasin on hand and am reading mixed answers on using it or just using it as needed? So thats my rough draft so far, I prefer the short in and out cycles. im still indecisive on how long I should run it for or if I should order more test P or if that will be fine for just maintenance dose to keep libido around. My goals are to add some size, 10 or more lbs, and mainly strength. Some stats: -Been lifting for 6 years but got serous about it for the last 3. -5'9 175lbs around 12% bf -I'll be 21 by the time i get around to the cycle and i understand thats young to some around here and theres not a lot i can say about that. I will say that I started reading into steroids 2 years ago and I know my body and what training and diets work best for me and im confident that I have what it takes to run a cycle safe and optimally. The risks im willing to take.
    I do not recommend cycling until your 25. Your HPTA is still maturing. Taking AAS will wil shut your systems down . Why would you want to stop your natural production while it is at its peak? Hopefully you will be able to restart it.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    ^^agree.

If you know what diet and training works best for you already and you have been training for several years then you stats should, arguably, be better than they are.

You have lots of natural growth in you, it's not worth the risks of such small gains from your proposed cycle. Save it and hit up our workout and diet sections instead.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    OP I thought you were struggling with recovery from a cycle you did 6 months ago.

It's might be a good idea to get that straightened out before using again.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    OP I thought you were struggling with recovery from a cycle you did 6 months ago.

It's might be a good idea to get that straightened out before using again.
    And there was me thinking when he said first cycle he meant first cycle when he actually meant second. Man I'm getting old I can't keep up with all this jargon. First means second, sick means good etc.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    It does make me giggle when fibbers get caught out

I just dont get why people lie about their cycles/stats etc

I would hardly call my osta cycle a first. Im a little embarrassed of it to be honest which is partly why i left it out lol. Recovery has gone good after just being patient and giving it time post pct and I feel like thats what sparked my interest in doing a real cycle was seeing that my body handles recovery better then I expected. Im not against putting it all on hold and honestly since seeing injections in a different light Im no longer afraid of maybe planning a better cycle (test e). Ive read many mixed posts about being 21 vs 25 and with how much Ive picked up in the last couple years I just felt confident I could handle one.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatsncheese View Post
    I would hardly call my osta cycle a first. Im a little embarrassed of it to be honest which is partly why i left it out lol. Recovery has gone good after just being patient and giving it time post pct and I feel like thats what sparked my interest in doing a real cycle was seeing that my body handles recovery better then I expected. Im not against putting it all on hold and honestly since seeing injections in a different light Im no longer afraid of maybe planning a better cycle (test e). Ive read many mixed posts about being 21 vs 25 and with how much Ive picked up in the last couple years I just felt confident I could handle one.
    Its not so much about you being able to handle the cycle (mentally) but more about your body being able to handle and recover from it. End of the day, no one can stop you from cycling. It really is your choice. But you've already had issues recovering, chances are you'll have greater issues next cycle and this time you will be shut down harder. If you do get shut down, are you prepared to inject test every week if you are placed on TRT because of low natural testosterone production? I cycled first when I was 19-20 so I am in no place to tell anyone "no" but I realize I will have to go on TRT probably after my next cycle at age 26. Too many people think cycling at a young age is just about knowing what you're doing when really its more about your body being developed enough to be able to recover.

Whether I cycle now or when im 25 or when im 35 there is always the risk of TRT, I get that and i think to me the big reason for waiting is because a lot can change in a few years maturity wise. What im ok with now i may regret later or think was a stupid decision and i do try to keep that in mind before I decide to do things that could affect me in the long run. I know that my stats have room for improvement, being shutdown for as long as i was more than likely hindered some progress and my legs could use some work. But what stumps me is being told to wait just to risk trt anyway, being 25 doesn't clear me of that possibility. I think if i would have changed my mind i would have done it already after reading about this for a long time and even experiencing the shutdown effects that can happen, but to me i would rather do all that then remain where im at... an average joe.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meatsncheese View Post
    Whether I cycle now or when im 25 or when im 35 there is always the risk of TRT, I get that and i think to me the big reason for waiting is because a lot can change in a few years maturity wise. What im ok with now i may regret later or think was a stupid decision and i do try to keep that in mind before I decide to do things that could affect me in the long run. I know that my stats have room for improvement, being shutdown for as long as i was more than likely hindered some progress and my legs could use some work. But what stumps me is being told to wait just to risk trt anyway, being 25 doesn't clear me of that possibility. I think if i would have changed my mind i would have done it already after reading about this for a long time and even experiencing the shutdown effects that can happen, but to me i would rather do all that then remain where im at... an average joe.
    This response really just seems like you are trying to justify it to yourself... nothing wrong with that. At 25 or 35 you run less risk of TRT as your hormonal systems have matured. But disregarding that, bigger concern is the fact that you had trouble recovering and want to cycle again without giving your body more time off. End of the day its your decision man I probably wouldn't have listened to someone on the internet at your age either but we're just trying to look out for you.

I totally get it and appreciate the input from the experienced users here, im just wondering if a lot of the input being said is just scare tactics to lead me away from what i have already experienced with being shutdown and all that. My recovery trouble came from a lack of doing pct right after, ocular toxicity from serms scared me off for awhile and also I wouldn't be running anything for another couple months because im going on a trip with some friends at the end of this month. I hate to be another thread like so many others ive read of young guys looking for gear advice and instead being told its a bad idea ha :P. I just feel ready with my past cycle experience, knowledge and training time but if im missing something and waiting really is better I will try to put it on hold. Try is the key word there because your right, I have it pretty set in stone already and on bad days in the gym or life in general it makes it that much more tempting.

Thread Information