Thread: I Wanna Fight!

SKiN is offline Member

I Wanna Fight!

I have wanted to get into some kind of full contact sport....
    Never done any sort of martial arts and very little highschool wrestling..
    What is the best way for me to get involved in somethin like this..

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    if u wanna fight just punch a cement wall...actually dont no mattter how many times u punch it you'll loose...there must be some kind of kickboxing studio near your house they are the ones who train you and put you in competition if your good enough...

SKiN is offline Member
    Im just thinkin about it when i go back to school. There is a Boxin gym down there and lots of Kung fu yada yada... Most of them just try to get ppl who want to lose weight or crap like that in them....

I just know very little about mma...

Been in lots of fights but nothin i wouldnt get arrested for lol

zap2 is offline Junior Member
    join a boxing club, train really hard and then they will ask you if you want to compete.

im pretty sure its the same for martial arts but ive never bin in it

My sister said that in her tai-kwon-doh class they expect you to compete. She said you start at white belt you don't compete you only learn but once you get 1 stripe (it takes 2 stripes to get a belt... you get a stripe then another and then your belt) then you compete against someone who has the same amount of stripes and same color of stripes as you. Your not forced to compete but it is expected of you.... my sister competed after 2 stripes but she could have at 1 stripe except chose not to.

SKiN is offline Member
    Well i got a buddy who does Tae Kwon Do whos gonna teach me some basics...
    Ive wanted to get into the MMA you guys talk about... I want a reason for me to train as hard as i do..... Like back in highschool football.. i had a reason to work hard... not just look good...

well im only in boxing so i don't know much about the martial arts... i went once with a friend but didn't like it that much and my sister is in it so i could be in it but i just don't like the martial arts stuff that much.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    ToughGuy i have been competing in MMA for two years and what benefited me most was learning submission fighting, if there is a brazilian jiu jitsu class offered in you city then it will cover very important fundamentals of ground fighting, having a wrestling base is important for position and power. I would basically sum it up as jiu-jitsu/wrestling for your ground work and boxing for your stand up! Get together with some friends or people who like MMA and practice together as a start! Then you can stat lookign for some amateur events to compete in as a start.
    I personally wouldnt recommend focusing only on stand up if you wanted to fight in MMA, i trained Muay Thai for a long time and 95% i cant use in a cage fight, with grappling i can use all of it in a fight!

i think i might start some MMA i didn't enjoy karate the one time i went but hey maybe i will learn to like martial arts after a little while.

SKiN is offline Member
    Right on bro thanks, Ill check that out..

SKiN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zap2
    i think i might start some MMA i didn't enjoy karate the one time i went but hey maybe i will learn to like martial arts after a little while.

Long time ago i went to a karate class and walked out 5 minutes later.. I thought it was stupid, but some hippy was teachin it..

well i like the teachers and plus my friends were in it but i had just joined boxing and it was way more costly then boxing so i guess i sort of forced myself into not liking it... Also i went there on a day when people were doing their testing for the belts so the master wasn't working with us.

Thread Information