Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vettewreck is offline Banned

How to get into UFC/Cage Fighting??

Ive been thinking for awhile now about getting into something like UFC or cage fighting or something like that. I expect to win, I expect to lose. I expect to knock someone out, I also expect to get knocked out. I just dont want to turn 40 one day and think..."I should have done that when I was youger." How would I get started? Where do I need to be (Im in Raleigh, NC)? Just how would I go about getting started? Ive never fought (as a sport) before so I wouldnt mind seeing how I would fair against guys my own size.

What type of fighting style do you claim?

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    What type of fighting style do you claim?
    I feel like such a herb for saying this but.....street

Well, what style would you like to learn?

Honestly I have no idea. I just want to fight.

What are your stats?

24 years old
    6'
    210lbs
    bench- 330lbs
    Incline bench-305lbs
    squat- ? never maxed out
    what else do you need to know?

I am just curious-I would like to get into cage fighting as well-what does you cycle history look like

test, dbol , HGH, deca , EQ, several different cycles

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd love to get in the ring with some complete stranger and knock 10 bells of sh1t out of him/her. Thats not to say I wouldn't get a thrashing myself though but I think it's something you have to accept if you wana pursue a move in that direction.

Id love to have a go, maybe my local authority may set something up............maybe not

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    First of all, drop all the gear usage first and foremost as it does nothing to improve your conditioning. Next you need to join an actual school that does BJJ, Muay Thai, Wrestling. It will take years before you are ready to get in a ring/cage. Its not someting you want to jump into to quickly or your debut may go disasterously.

Train, train and then train some more. Also you must be willing to not only give a punch but to take one, this is very important and not many people truly care to take a shot.

You must be mentally ready as well as physically ready....

Royce Gracie has an affiliate school in your area, i am not sure what type of training they do Gi or no Gi but i would at least start there.

Go to www.bjj.org to search for a school, alot of BJJ schools also train Muay Thai or Wrestling as well.

went to that website and I couldnt find anything around my area for schools. Anybody else wanna point me in the right direction??

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Well I know in KC. MO we have a club called "The Beaumont" and ameture fighters/wrestlers can go and fight in a fukn cage. No experince required just big brass balls.

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=2437
    there u go. i would recommend finding local mma events. u can't get into ufc or any big name promotions without at least 15-20 amateur fights.

by the way, if u already know street fighting and u just want to fight, then i recommend u take up wrestling or grappling for at least a year. if u don't know your way around on the mat and all u've ever done is street fight, then these types of things r not for u.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    I would take soo2b's advice and enter some amatuer cage fighting events, you will probably find out that the biggest badasses in the street are no match for a somewhat trained opponent, it's just not fair. I would also suggest that you go down to a bjj or nhb school and sparr with some of the guys to get a feel at what your getting yourself into. It just sounds to me like you need a dose of humble pie. I had my slice about 4 years ago when I walked into jacksons submission fighting school and got my ass handed to me by a 145lb dude in about a minute and I weighed 215 and was repping 275 on bench, it hurt my ego so bad because I thought I was tough ****, but against someone who is trained, it's just not a fair fight.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Go to the kingofthecage.com there you can contact them if you are interested in fighting in one of there events, you can make lots of contact there and a lot of people that work for the UFC are there, Referees and more.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=2437
    there u go. i would recommend finding local mma events. u can't get into ufc or any big name promotions without at least 15-20 amateur fights.
    That is not true, you just got to know people.

If you want to fight dont worry You can fight when ever you want. The more experience the better, just as long as you are not one of those people that quits when they loose.

The only way roids can affect your endurance is if you do the wrong kind and you try to bodybuild instead of train for a fight. If you have a guy in the ring who is more talented than you but you have better endurance and conditiioning you still have a good chance of winning.
    From what I have seen, bodybuilders stay away from hard endurance training. I think its stupid but I am not a bodybuilder. You will probably look better and feel better if you train like a fighter.

As far as fighting in the ring... they have amateur MMA and pro MMA.
    Pro you get paid but you go against talented fighters.

I would suggest starting with an amateur bout since you dont have much training, you will probably be matched up with someone of your skill level.
    Dont worry about having to train for a long time to be able to go fight, sh1t if you want to fight then go do it tomorrow.
    You get what you want out of it.
    Training at a MMA school is a good idea.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    That is not true, you just got to know people.

If you want to fight dont worry You can fight when ever you want. The more experience the better, just as long as you are not one of those people that quits when they loose.

The only way roids can affect your endurance is if you do the wrong kind and you try to bodybuild instead of train for a fight. If you have a guy in the ring who is more talented than you but you have better endurance and conditiioning you still have a good chance of winning.
    From what I have seen, bodybuilders stay away from hard endurance training. I think its stupid but I am not a bodybuilder. You will probably look better and feel better if you train like a fighter.

As far as fighting in the ring... they have amateur MMA and pro MMA.
    Pro you get paid but you go against talented fighters.

I would suggest starting with an amateur bout since you dont have much training, you will probably be matched up with someone of your skill level.
    Dont worry about having to train for a long time to be able to go fight, sh1t if you want to fight then go do it tomorrow.
    You get what you want out of it.
    Training at a MMA school is a good idea.

Good luck.
    so u mean to tell me that if he knows Dana White, he'll be in the UFC52??? come one bro, he needs amateur fights to establish a record. also, if he has no wrestling or grappling background, he will quickly find out that this sport is not for him.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    so u mean to tell me that if he knows Dana White, he'll be in the UFC52??? come one bro, he needs amateur fights to establish a record. also, if he has no wrestling or grappling background, he will quickly find out that this sport is not for him.

Phil Beroni's MMA debut was in the UFC!
    I know I trained with him.
    I did not say you can suck and get in the UFC.
    You were saying that you need 15-20 fights or something like that, and that is not true, If you are good and you know someone then you can get in!
    Its all about who you know. There are PLENTY of good fighters with 20+ fights under their belts and they cant get in the UFC or PRIDE.

Now for our friend here that wants to fight..
    you didnt read everything I said.
    What I said is that he should get what he wants out of it.
    If he wants to feel the exhillerating rush of the lights, crowd, and fighting then he does not need to wait. The only caution would be to learn how to tap, but if he does amateur he should be just fine.
    That is just my belief.
    Of course it all depends on the person too. You can only do that to a person with a strong character and heart.
    Fighting is fun, if he wants to have fun then let him have fun.
    It would be a good idea to train for atleast 3 months before the fight to get in fighting condition.
    And it would be a good idea to train some MMA.
    So do you get my point now!
    I am just speaking from experience from fighting myself and training and cornering other fighters.

I suggest you train for awhile and then fight, what kind of advice is "If you just want to feel the rush of the lights, crowd then go right ahead and fight". I think it is pretty safe to say you are not a trainer in anyway shape or form.

He could go out there and get seriously hurt following your advice.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I suggest you train for awhile and then fight, what kind of advice is "If you just want to feel the rush of the lights, crowd then go right ahead and fight". I think it is pretty safe to say you are not a trainer in anyway shape or form.

He could go out there and get seriously hurt following your advice.
    He could get if he tried to fight on the pro level, but if he faught amateur the chances of him getting hurt are slim to none except for the usual things that could happen in a fight like black eye, cut etc.

Please explain to me why you think it would be so dangerous if he faught an amateur bout, where the punches are open palm strikes and depending on the promotions, knees and kicks to the face may or may not be allowed. Plus the guys that enter those have anywhere from 2 months experience to a year.
    And the guy said he is a street fighter.
    The reason I am saying this is because you guys are making it sound like he has to train for years before he can fight, and that would probably discourage him. If he faught an amateur fight with little or no experience, he might win, he might loose, but he will definitly learn something, and chances are good that he will get even more interested in learning MMA.

I have helped train many fighters and I have seen and cornered many fights,
    you are making it a bigger deal than it is.
    I think its pretty safe to say that you dont know what you are talking about..
    And by the way I am going this summer to train at chute box and with Minataro, and then BTT. I will stay in brazil for a few years.
    ... Something you will only dream of doing.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Okay , I didn't read JACK on the above posts. This is the way to get in and get some serious ass training asap. Get married and give your wife all your money, she will then whip you and beat you like Ike beat Tina Turner when he was freebasing. This will increase your "toughness factor". From there it's all gravy.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    :spudnikwh

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    The reason I am saying this is because you guys are making it sound like he has to train for years before he can fight, and that would probably discourage him.

God forbid he have to train and work hard and excel at MMA.

I think its pretty safe to say that you dont know what you are talking about..

And by the way I am going this summer to train at chute box and with Minataro, and then BTT. I will stay in brazil for a few years.
    ... Something you will only dream of doing.

Awesome enjoy your trip, be sure and visit Barra Da Tijuca, awesome area and is not to far from BTT compound. Also it is not as crowded as Copacabana or Impanema.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 02-23-2005 at 11:57 AM.

Since you wanted to be a dick to me, who is Minataro?

I know of Minotauro and Minotoro......i would train with these guy's instead of Minataro personally.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Since you wanted to be a dick to me, who is Minataro?

I know of Minotauro and Minotoro......i would train with these guy's instead of Minataro personally.

Sorry I missppelled his name.
    I am not trying to be a dick bro, I just got a little pissed when you said that I dont know what I am talking about. I have been through a lot and have trained hard for many years.
    I was just throwing the notion out there that he doesnt have to train to be a pro fighter in order to fight.
    Most people dont want to be fighters, they just want to get in the ring so they can say they got in the ring. Just like people that go skydiving maybe once or twice in their life just cuz it is something awesome to do, gives you a better rush than any drugs could ever give you.
    Knowing stuff like this comes from experience training people.

So if you dont get my point by now I dont know what else to say.
    I am not wrong, the guy can go do a fight any time he wants and he will probably like it. And maybe that one time is enough for him. If its not then he knows he has to start some real training.

It is a vergy good Idea to find a school that has some MMA fighters. That way they can help prepare you for the fighting. Also it would be a lot easier to get on the card if you have a coach that knows the local fight promoters.

Some people got balls and just want to go in and see what they can do, and there is nothing wrong with that.
    When I was 16, I flew down to mexico by myself and did a kickboxing match.
    I was fighting grown men. People were telling me that they had money on me and that if I lost they would be looking for me in the parking lot! It was kind of scarry and stupid to go by myself but it was cool as hell too!

BTW no hard fellings here just dont tell me I dont know what I am talking about.

mma_badboy is offline Junior Member
    jump straight into a cage and you'll be getting carried out. goto a MMA school, train hard, very hard and do a fight when they and you feel that you are ready.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Oh my goodness!!! WTF
    I had one sentence in me first thread telling the guy he didt have to train like a pro fighter in order to get in the ring and yall start posting all this ignorant crap.

If any of you took the time to read EVERYTHING I said, then you would know that I was suggesting he get some training in.
    What you all dont seem to want to understand is that unlike you MMA fanatics, not everyone wants to be a fighter! some people actually do this for a hobby.
    So just in case he was one of those people that just wanted to it to do it, I wanted to let him know that he could. Otherwise he would be discouraged by all the smoke you all are blowing up his ass!
    I have seen it happen, then it becomes one less vote for MMA, and we need all we can get to grow!
    "if you want to fight then o do it tommorow" I gues you guys diddnt detect the sarcasm there!
    This has become ridiculous, I have said everything I need to say on this thread. Take what you want from it.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    Well What U Need To Know To Step In The Cage:

1. U Need To Learn A Striking Style: Mui Tai Is The Best...its A Tai Style That Means The Art Of 8 Limbs. Knee And Elbow Strikes Are Tought.

2. Brazilian Jui Jitsu- You Need To Learn Ground Fighting Which This Is U Need To Train With A School For About 3 Years To Have Any Chance Of Being Sucessfull...3 Years If Training Hard U Would Be A Purple Belt, And A Lot Of Guys Fight In The Ufc With This Belt...

3- Mma- Try To Get Into A School That Teaches Nhb/mma Fighting That Will Help All Of Your Game.

4-start Finding Books That Teach U How To Train For A Fight...fit To Fight Is A Good One...u Need To Know How To Workout For A Fight

Train Hard And Maybe One Day U Could Fight In The Ufc...also Thier Are Many Brazilian Jui Jitsu Compitions That Are Not No Holds Barrad But Are A Great Place For A Person Of Any Leval To Compete....

Good Luck

Keep Training

Answer to #4:

Bas Rutten's MMA workout tapes....!

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Bas knows his sh1t for sure!

Mario sperry has some good tapes out.

Renzo gracie has a good book out.

Nothing beats experience though!

just go to Bas's school in beverly hills.
    or better yet, go to lion's den, but be sure you can audition for them for 3 hours straight of hardcore workouts with no brakes.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Date My Ex Wife................

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    In Loin's Den,
    I heard that Ken puts you to sleep in the audition.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    If youve never fought before your in for an eye opener. Dont matter how strong you are if you have no skills. If you get in a good program you will find its fun to train in MMA with people of your skill level. If you want to be a cage fighter you need to be naturally athletic and have a LOT of training because these dudes are for real. Theyr cardio is in top shape and they have the skill really hurt you. Spar with some guys from a local gym and you will find out real quick what your made of. I train in the East Sacramento area. Anybody thats interested in joinin our mma gym pm me.

motherbeatme is offline New Member
    Hello Sir, please listen close. I like your guts and will to win, I sense that you have fighting blood in you, and that’s good. You already have the 1st and main ingredient, the will to win. Sure ample people say join this join that, and that great. go get your self a big tire throw that around, get a sledge hammer and wack away for a good 30 min.take a breather buy a heavy bag, or a big bail of straw or hay hit it for 3 min hard as you can break one minute go for another 3 min do this for 45 min. it's like training for a 25 round fight. Listen to this. I’m from Iowa, trained for 1 solid year, I mean solid. I fought just like you wanted to in a small town called Goldsboro North Carolina, when in very nervous (butterflies). The two of us met in the middle of the ring with ref to go over rules, looked the guy right dead the eyes, I knew I had him so I thought. The fight stated, he did a flying arm bar, went to the ground in a mili second. Instinct took over. All the hay I bailed and all the goats I wrestled payed off. This guy wore very fancy gear, me I had on a tap out t shirt and cut of tights (singlet) keep in mind this guy was a purple belt. Heres where you come into play. I cracked him as hard as could to the throwt, they took a point away, I apologized; touched gloves, and the fire works went off, he gets in me in a heal hook, I pulled away, went side control. Landed two square shots to the chin, dude was out. So everybody can take all the fancy crap from the gym and pack it up, not knocking mama gyms, but sometimes good old fashion back yard work will put you where you need to be. After that I never fought another cage fight in my life, all I do is helping other people get ready. I did my dream, I silenced the nay Sayers. It was a dream come true. So stop listening all the fancy stuff, get in there and give it a try, stop wasting time, you will do fine. Keep your distance in the beginning for the leg kick, push him to the fence/ropes drop him and land a bomb. I have a feeling you will do fine. I like your attitude. by the way i did this when i was 40

The wrestler from Iowa (go hawks)

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would you bump a thread that's 4 years old ?

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    obviously to give advice on something that already has gone and passed!

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    lol I had this itch a while back. I went to a Muay tai and sub wrestling school in VA beach for 2 months. Brandon vera was out of this gym. When I was 17, I used a fake id and got into a tuff man contest and knocked a dude out then got beat by decision the next night so I thought when I was about 23 hell I should get into it. When I got my first sparring match after a month, I got rolled lol. I'm a lover not a fighter! Atleast when i'm getting my ass kicked I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information