Thread: Bas Rutten cd

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Bas Rutten cd

Now i will get thoses cds next week got the confirmation by sherdog that they where shipped Friday.

I know they come with a dvd but are they actually fun to do, i am really hooked up on tae bo and have ordered billy bootcamp 3 dvd and is 30 minutes 30 rounds workout.

I got to think about my girlfriend has well she is hooked on tae bo has well.

I will be doing this in our appartement and i have read that Bas on the dvd tells you that a 1 is a jab a 2 is a straight punch etc etc and that on the cd he yells out 1-2-1-2.

Is the cd any fun to do????....

I am glad to say that i feel pertty good and am now down to 196 pounds.

With the bootcamp dvd i will get a 7 day low carb plan, 3 dvds one for abs and the other 2 bootcamp are very close to 1 hour of hard training and muscles sculpting.

Billy is near 50 and he looks amazing.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    When I was trying to lower my bodyfat percentage, nothing has worked for me like Bas's workouts. The workouts are a lot more fun if you do them on a heavy bag or better yet, have a partner hold thai pads or focus mitts and bang away. You really have to react quickly when he shouts out the combos. At first you won't be able to keep up but later on you'll get the hang of it. His all-round fighting workout is probably the hardest conditioning workout you will ever do. Add focus mitts or thai pads to it and you'll have the conditioning of a professional fighter.

This might be a stupid question but hey.....

Talking about thai pads and focus mits, i dont mind buying them but do you think that my girlfriend at 5 feet 6 and 125 pounds can hold theses without getting hurt.

She is very fragile.

Also another guy at my job add a great idea he wanted use to chip in and buy some training equipments like pads and other stuff and train in is basement, i am in an appartement now so i tought it would be a great idea, but at the last minute he changed is mind and i dont have anyone else to train with.

Of course a heavy bag is out of the question in the appartement has well. BUt i am pertty sure that my girlfriend would train with me on Bas training.

Lets just say she wants that 6 pack. LOL

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    This might be a stupid question but hey.....

Talking about thai pads and focus mits, i dont mind buying them but do you think that my girlfriend at 5 feet 6 and 125 pounds can hold theses without getting hurt.

She is very fragile.

Also another guy at my job add a great idea he wanted use to chip in and buy some training equipments like pads and other stuff and train in is basement, i am in an appartement now so i tought it would be a great idea, but at the last minute he changed is mind and i dont have anyone else to train with.

Of course a heavy bag is out of the question in the appartement has well. BUt i am pertty sure that my girlfriend would train with me on Bas training.

Lets just say she wants that 6 pack. LOL
    She probably wouldn't be a good choice for a pad holder (feeder). Here is what I did. I live in an apartment as well. My girlfriend bought me, for Christmas, a heavy bag that hangs from a stand. There is a bungee cord, at the bottom, that stops it from swinging around. She got it from Sam's Club.

You could still get the thai pads or focus mitts and let her strike them. When you find a partner to hold, you'll already have the equipment.
    Last edited by striker93; 09-18-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah but i cant have a punching bag there is no place right now, when i get a house i will start building a gym in the basement and i will be able to get myself a nice punching bag and more.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    The sprawling is brutal. Bas will shout out "defense" and you will sprawl. There will be times when you are just waiting for the 2 or 3 minute round to end so you can catch your breath. Once your conditioning level is high, Bas asks you to do exercises during your 1 minute rest period. There are times when you wish you could kick his ass .

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Any updates on the MMA Workout?

Got the dvd and cds last night, looked at it a bit but did not try any of the 4 workouts yet.

I am hooked up on bootcamp, i also go the dvds last night. I will mix everything togheter to get a great cardio.

Bas tought me that my fighting position was not good and when the dvd starts its worth the whole 59$ you pay for cause only that teaches you enough.

I tought that the thai boxing could have add more kicks then that, there is only one kick and one knee that is different then the boxing cd.

The MMA cd has a scroll defense and down position which is good.

I will have to spend more time watching the dvd again to learn all the combinations and techiques.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Hey Sonar1234, I was in the process of moving to a new apartment and starting a relationship, with my new girlfriend. Getting out of the old relationship was difficult, not to mention the process of moving. I dropped TKD, no schools were I live now (Cho's brand that is). I stopped at blue belt and miss the sparring but not the forms. I watched my Bas Rutten Mixed Martial Arts DVD again and want to get into condition. I have been hitting the weights hard for one month, with a cycle of Phera Plex. I would like to incorporate Bas's workout with my strength training routine. Have you done any of his workouts lately or has your back been bothering you too much?

I got some sad news my father passed away yesterday at 6:10pm, i havent been training really.

I have been doing the losethebackpain exercices.

I am buying a house in July so i will self train.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I got some sad news my father passed away yesterday at 6:10pm, i havent been training really.

I have been doing the losethebackpain exercices.

I am buying a house in July so i will self train.
    Sorry to hear that Sonar. Take care of yourself and your family.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I was thinking of buying one of those wavemaster bags. I used to have a heavy bag that hanged from a stand. It made a lot of noise so I can't use it anymore. I live on the third floor now. Do you think that a wavemaster bag would be too loud to use? Am I stuck with target mitts or a tai pads?

The wavemaster looks like the bag on your TKD thread, where the girl is working over the bag.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I was thinking of buying one of those wavemaster bags. I used to have a heavy bag that hanged from a stand. It made a lot of noise so I can't use it anymore. I live on the third floor now. Do you think that a wavemaster bag would be too loud to use? Am I stuck with target mitts or a tai pads?

The wavemaster looks like the bag on your TKD thread, where the girl is working over the bag.
    Wavemaster bag arent practicle cause you can have the leg kicks, i am gonna buy this bag check it out, its the best that i found.

Now i dont know if its gonna make a lot of noise or not but you can fill it with water, rice or sand.

Ho btw i think that this bag would also be ideal to do the bas cds where the leg kick is involved.

Bag description:
    Century's ultimate bag with the largest kicking and punching surface area on the market. Stands 69 inches tall and a full 18 inches diameter. Striking surface is made of durable vinyl over high density foam. Large new bag provide an excellent target for both punching and kicking. Low profile base. Weight distribution of base provides stability and functionality. Extra large fill hole and cap allows you to easily fill base with sand or water. No tools required for assembly. Weighs approximately 270 pounds when filled. Available in Black, Red or Blue. 1 Year Limited Warranty
    Last edited by sonar1234; 05-10-2006 at 07:27 PM.

I add a wavemaster bag that i filled with water and was in an appartement has well, i was in the basement and even then if you hit depending on how the building is noise proof the other people will ear you hit.

Good luck in your training and prayors for my father.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your father Sonar, good luck with everything bro.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Let me just say that if you can fully and i mean fully complete the overall workout of Bas's than you are one in shape mofo...i trained to that for awhile and it is a bitch.

Here i was in my apartment shadow boxing, knees, sprawls, pushups, situps, jumping squats....i'm glad i was on the first floor cause if i was'nt the neighbours would have been pissed.

Bas does it like its nothing...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I add a wavemaster bag that i filled with water and was in an appartement has well, i was in the basement and even then if you hit depending on how the building is noise proof the other people will ear you hit.

Good luck in your training and prayors for my father.
    That was my next idea, the basement. I guess I could set up some mats because I don't want to kill my joints on the concrete. Thanks for the responses, Sonar.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Let me just say that if you can fully and i mean fully complete the overall workout of Bas's than you are one in shape mofo...i trained to that for awhile and it is a bitch.

Here i was in my apartment shadow boxing, knees, sprawls, pushups, situps, jumping squats....i'm glad i was on the first floor cause if i was'nt the neighbours would have been pissed.

Bas does it like its nothing...
    How long is the full workout?

Depending on the workout you choose, you got boxing, muay thai and mma training.

It is usually up to you to choose the 2 minutes or 3 minutes rounds, and its a 7 rounder with 1 minute rest between rounds.

Bas has done one hell of a job with this training dvd and cd, i have done the boxing one a few times and its hell.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    What you guys recommend having a moving feeder or a stationary one, like Bas's uses on the DVD? My brother might be coming to live with me so I would have a feeder.

Papi93 my advise to you is unless you got a real good dvd player, or video and a tv set infront of the stationnary bike i would go for it, but if you can find other options can the stationnary bike it gets boring real fast on its own.

I got one at home right now and have to watch something while doing it, one hour on this damn thing is so damn long that doing this out of nothing is pertty damn hard.

I dont advise reading while doing it cause you still want to keep a good pace.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Papi93 my advise to you is unless you got a real good dvd player, or video and a tv set infront of the stationnary bike i would go for it, but if you can find other options can the stationnary bike it gets boring real fast on its own.

I got one at home right now and have to watch something while doing it, one hour on this damn thing is so damn long that doing this out of nothing is pertty damn hard.

I dont advise reading while doing it cause you still want to keep a good pace.
    I'm sorry, I didn't explain my question good enough. I was talking about someone holding target mitts or tai pads. Bas has them hold them, while staying in one spot. I was wondering if anyone does them while the person holding the mitt or pads moves around the training area?

I ws thinking of buying tai pads and training with my girlfriend but that was a bad idea LOL

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I ws thinking of buying tai pads and training with my girlfriend but that was a bad idea LOL
    I thought about using my girlfriend but she is only 100lbs and I don't want to hurt her. Is that your concern as well?

Girlfriend would be one hell of a fighter, funny has it sounds she did a lot of tae bo and has great techiques, but she is a none violent person and does not like fighting.

Since we are buying a house and i am still stuck at that no end job at 32k a year and her too we are tight in the budjet and we wont be able to go to that thai boxing school, maybe next year, she told me that she would take the classes , hit the pads but she dont want to spar or get hit LOL.

Girlfriend is very athletic she is 5 feet 6 and 124 pounds she got some musculare tights and she was a figure skater for over 12 years.

At least she wont let herself get fat like my ex chubby fat ass girlfriend LOL.

Nah Papi93 i will buy the bag that i showed you in the picture and self train for the time being, i got bas cd so i got the best damn training partner i could afford.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I'm thinking of getting a smaller version and putting in the basement and laying mats out for cushioning the impact of the concrete floor. I can't wait to get started on the boxing CD, again. Once I get in better shape, I'll go with the tai boxing CD.

Papi93 my back bothers me only when i lift weights, can you understand that???? when i do my posture exercices with the elastic bands i feel great but has soon has i do back exercices, pulldown, close pulley rows i get some spams.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Papi93 my back bothers me only when i lift weights, can you understand that???? when i do my posture exercices with the elastic bands i feel great but has soon has i do back exercices, pulldown, close pulley rows i get some spams.
    Have you tried bodyweight-only exercises? I've found some that will replace rows, pulldowns, etc.

Yes but for now i cant train chest, front delts and quads.

I must stretch theses muscles while i work the weak ones like the hamstrings, butt, and upper back rear detloid.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Yes but for now i cant train chest, front delts and quads.

I must stretch theses muscles while i work the weak ones like the hamstrings, butt, and upper back rear detloid.
    http://www.lifelineusa.com/products.cfm?categoryid=17

Check out the jungle gym for training the upper back. I have one and it is a great addition to a home gym.

Thanks papi93 i am gonna buy this one right here for my home gym and start training like a real man, chins ups and dips

http://www.fitnessdepot.ca/shop/stor...g-P493C16.aspx

Its gonna be hard has hell but i gotta work at it once i was able to chin my bodyweight of 210 pounds 4 X 12 reps i was using creatine, i am planning on trying the new ester creatine that does cause any water retention.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I have a chin/dip station in my apartment as well. My home has always been supplied with workout equipment because you never know what's going to happen in your life. When I was in the martial arts, I had to give up my gym membership so I trained at home. Now I'm back in the gym but now I need to practice martial arts at home. I'm looking into equipment for this now. Life has unexpected twists; you need to be ready for them.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I have a chin/dip station in my apartment as well. My home has always been supplied with workout equipment because you never know what's going to happen in your life. When I was in the martial arts, I had to give up my gym membership so I trained at home. Now I'm back in the gym but now I need to practice martial arts at home. I'm looking into equipment for this now. Life has unexpected twists; you need to be ready for them.
    Could not have said it better myself, i am stock in a dead end job with an asshole for boss that came to my father funeral and told me i could take the time needed for grief, then the next day he calls me up on my cell phone to tell ask me when i was coming back cause my work buddies add a big load of work.......

I am looking for a new job and nothing is right life does suck at some point.

I am buying a house and dont plan on going back to the gym, after all when you build your basic mass you can always maintain it with small efforts, with the basic bench incline, some dumbells, a leg curl extension machine and chin dip station i will be all set up and the punching bag i showed you the other day. That will all fit in my basement and i will self train for some time.

I have studied Kyo kushin younger and tkd for 7 years, i did some boxing back in 1998 and can all use theses to train myself along with bas rutten cd.

Now i know that my chins will suck big time so i will have to find some tricks to help me out get better at it.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you want some good routines for chins, check out dragon door . com. Pavel is very knowledgable and I think you will like his style.

Holly cow this site is great, i copied the pull ups routine which is quit believable.

doing 5 reps straight then 3 forced taking 3 minutes brake doing 3 sets.

I am gonna enjoy getting back into this, pavel guy has a great body not to big not to muscular but great definition.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I have a number of Pavel's books at home. An excellent addition to your library would be the Naked Warrior. This is a book on bodyweight training only. A home gym and martial arts must. Once your back gets better he will have you doing pistols and one-arm pushups.

Thread Information