miguy82 is offline Associate Member

Up coming ufc bout

i just seen the ufc finale laast night. i think they should have given a contract to luke also just like they did for bonner. imo i think luke is a much better fighter than joe, he almost beat him and knocked him out, the only reason joe won is that hes bigger and controlled him on the ground . to that luke did an excellent job on the ground, he deserves another chance.

I also watched diaz get his ass handed to him like he should have for talking too much trash. at first didnt like either of them but was def in diegos corner. diazs bitch ass was a sore loser and still talked shit after the fight, he should have gotten knocked out imo to teach hiim alesson. he should have also got tko by rob lawyer(if thats his name) but he got the 1 tko puch in. i hate diaz.

as far as the bout in 2 weeks my thoughts r franklin will whoop him , i think franklin has harder hits than quarry from what ive watched on franklin and wicked leg kicks from no where, im for franklin all the way.p.s. franklin said quarry prob wont be able to take the live tv pressure and title pressure like he can during the fight.

and i also hope that hughes pounds that dude that guy was talking so much trash last night on tv saying" im gonna give him reconstructive face surgury"haha i dont think hughes can do stand up,since ive never seen him do it but if he gets this guy on the ground its over. hughes is more powerful imo just needs to watch out for submissions also idk if hughes can take a good blow to the face idk i hope so. im a hugh fan of his and would be mad to see him lose to that guy.

whats everyones take on these matches .

copenhagen is offline Member
    it was almost like joe was not really trying, he kept smiling and slapping hands with luke. i understand they are friends but that match was for a 6 figure contract in the ufc! put friends aside for 15minutes and pound his fukin head in!!! luke definately showed more heart imo.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    luke and joe had a good match. i also thought luke should have gotten a contract also but im positive he will still fight in the ufc in the future. i never saw diego fight before last night and i was suprised that he controlled diaz. and you are right diaz did not lose gracefully and it came as no surprise when the fans boo'd bc diaz did not admit he wasnt the better fighter that night. im not sure how the franklin quarry fight will turn out bc i havent seen quarry fight but franklin is a real big middlewt.

devilman208 is offline Associate Member
    they did end up giving luke a contract. go to serra jiu-jitsu's homepage and they talk about it there

Dentokan is offline New Member
    I definitly agree about Luke being an up and coming, that was a good fight. And Sanchez pretty much owned Diaz and Diaz was still running his mouth in the post fight interview. Any word on the next Pride FC event?

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by devilman208
    they did end up giving luke a contract. go to serra jiu-jitsu's homepage and they talk about it there
    thats good. i think he deserved it

TR'05 is offline Member
    Joe Stevenson definately wasn't in his best form for that fight. Came in looking very soft and i totally believe him when he said, after the fight, that he hadn't done anything for two weeks. He nearly ended it a couple of times in the first round...as the fight went on you could see his conditioning wasn't nearly up to par.

I give all the credit in the world to Luke, though. I was expecting Joe to make very quick work of him...and i think Joe thought that too...way too overconfident. Both guys have the talent to go places IMO, though.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I kinda thought those two fights where bullS**.

First you have kenny throwing one punch just to fakeout and grab. Then theres diego it was pretty lame all he did was drop bombs from his knees when he did connect them.
    There was absolutly no stand up with these two they wasted every minute standing trying to sit on the other guys face.

IWANNABIGG is offline New Member
    my thoughts are franklin will win by decision...he also has a reach advantage i believe

tmax is offline Junior Member
    I like Diego Sanchez and I also think Franklin is a madman. Does anyone else think he looks like Jim Carey?

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    ^ haha Franklin's nickname is Ace like Ace Ventura

Thread Information