tranzit is offline Senior Member

Vince Mcmahon Announces New Drug Policy

The following comes from WWE.com

VINCE MCMAHON ANNOUNCES NEW DRUG POLICY
    November 21, 2005

In a joint meeting today with the RAW and SmackDown rosters in the United Kingdom, in Sheffield, Vince McMahon announced that within the next several weeks, a new drug testing policy will be implemented in which performance enhancing drugs, such as steroids , etc., recreational drugs, as well as abuse of prescription drugs will be banned.

In addition to the new drug testing procedure, there will also be an emphasis on cardiovascular examinations.

FALLOW UP
    Vince McMahon requested a meeting with the WWE wrestlers in England earlier today. Here is a recap of what was said to the wrestlers concerning the new drug policy:

Vince starts off by saying that before anything starts leaking out and they hear rumors, he wanted to let them hear it straight from him. The WWE will be instituting a new drug policy and they're doing it over the next several weeks. He'd be happy to hear any suggestions the wrestlers may have. They'll be testing for drugs of abuse and abuse of prescription drugs, performance enhancement drugs as well, steroids, etc. It will be a very strict policy. This will be for all individuals under full-time contracts in the WWE.

McMahon asks the wrestlers if they had any questions and comments. "Must be a million going on in your heads at the moment," said McMahon, which got a few laughs from the wrestlers. McMahon said that he doesn't have a lot of answers at the moment. Vince doesn't have the policy with him at the moment and won't have it until the next several weeks. But during that time, if any of the wrestlers have any input whatsoever, he'd love to hear it.

Let's say someone abused prescription drugs, or has any kind of problem, there is a help program for them. Vince said that the policy will be very fair, it applies for everybody and no special consideration for anyone.

Was asked by one of the wrestlers if it will be a random drug test and Vince said yes. It will also be very frequent.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Bullshit people are paying good money to see big roided wrestlers, can you imagine what a guy like Chris Benoit would look natural.

Dynamite Kid one half of the British bulldogs could never get over 170 pounds natural.

Same thing has in 1994 where the policy was applied for not even a year.

I do beleive that he will apply the cocaine and other drug policy he did fire a lot of wrestlers that where drug addict.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Sure....they will test for them.....to make sure everyone is doing them...

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah right! Batista without gear? Please!

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    So are they saying they are doing them now? I never would have guessed. I cannot see WWF/WWE and whoever doing very good with a much of guys not roided out.

We might as well be watching tennis.

Oldman

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe they should start using real amatuer rules like in College Wrestling! I know I would watch a real wrestling match with Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Maybe they should start using real amatuer rules like in College Wrestling! I know I would watch a real wrestling match with Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit.

they have real pro wrestleing.. and noone watchs it.. becouse it is what it has always been... two kinda dirty guys in singlets with bad breath and BO trying to get somone to their shoulders.. its not that entertaining.. i used to wrestle Toro when i was a kid.. then i grew up and played sports.

its like the UFC matchs were some little dick gets a guy on the ground and submits him becouse hes not able to fight? im glad they changed the format of UFC its been alot more entertaining.. nothing was worse then watching Royce Gracie fight somone and not hit them once and win.

I guess little guys need heros too though.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    Sure....they will test for them.....to make sure everyone is doing them...
    and the ones that test negative will get the help they need... Gear right away!

Vince is a lame idiot all the family are idiots, they dont care about the wrestlers, Eddie was big money this is why Vince helped him out, compared to Brian Christopher who add drugs but was released right away, or Rikishi who missed some shows and was released right away.

ITs all about money, he didnt even stop the ppv back in 1999 when poor Owen Hart died.

They started to test in baseball for steroids and i am sure that one day they will do the same for wrestling.

Same has UFC they test the guys and even if you are good you will be canned look at TIm Sylvia he was big money tested positive and was suspended, Kimo he sucked but anyways, Josh Barnett has well one great fighter but used the juice and was fired from UFC.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member

that's retarded

you don't want performance-enhancing drugs in wrasslin' no way, you don't want one of the wrasslers to cheat and win a match through drugs and not his wrasslin' ability

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    you don't want performance-enhancing drugs in wrasslin' no way, you don't want one of the wrasslers to cheat and win a match through drugs and not his wrasslin' ability
    hehehe

its all just tv fluff--everything else is fake so why not the drug policy?

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    pro wrestling without steroids is like Nascar without gasoline

Sta11ion is offline Member
    wrestling is fake so who cares if they take drugs. Its not like there cheating a sport.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Bullshit people are paying good money to see big roided wrestlers, can you imagine what a guy like Chris Benoit would look natural.

Dynamite Kid one half of the British bulldogs could never get over 170 pounds natural.

Same thing has in 1994 where the policy was applied for not even a year.

I do beleive that he will apply the cocaine and other drug policy he did fire a lot of wrestlers that where drug addict.

Dynamite kid knees are shot to hell something like a year after he started gaining weight over in the UK he busted both his knees at the smae time.
    He was alot skinnier the night he jumped on a plane running from a fist fight in the locker room atleast hes still alive. Maybe that Uk style wrestling aka no hulkamania he thought hed need some more muscle.

I always respected the british bulldogs, they where one of my best tag teams ever along the hart foundation.

I felt very sad when i eard that Dynamite kid was in a wheelchair for the rest of is life, and that davey boy smith did at 39 of steroid abuse .

I love to watch pro wrestling i sort of got into it again, but lets face it a guy like Chris Masters who has no karisma what so ever needs that body do get over with the fans.

Batista sells tickets cause he is so damn freaky, has well has John Cena, and all the top stars.

This is sort of why NWA TNA never really got off, almost all the wrestlers there are below 220 pounds.

Look for the late Davey boy smith's son Harry Smith to pop up soon. He's wrestleing INDY's right now at the age of 19 hes 6 foot 6 inchs tall and weights in at 255 lbs

Thread Information