Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    D-Bo Dre is offline Member

Hughs Vs. Gracie Predictions...

So, who does everyone got their $$$ on?? Will Hugh's be able to withstand Gracie's submissions?? Will Gracie be able to withstand Hugh's grapling and Power bombs?? Cant wait for the fight..

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    gnp lay prey for hughes tko stoppage . boring fight

Quil is offline Member
    Hughes Rd 2 stopped by Big John.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i think Hoyce is gonna control the fight and render hughes ineffective, but since the UFC is bs anyway, he will win by points because it would be bad to have someone beat the UFC champ, not to mention that the jacked up judges rather see someone muscle there way out of bad positions instead of some one using technique and control the fight.

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    GO GRAYCIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES THE MAN....PLUS... hughes beat my friend joe...so im lookin to c him lose *ima hater...so what

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    i think Hoyce is gonna control the fight and render hughes ineffective, but since the UFC is bs anyway, he will win by points because it would be bad to have someone beat the UFC champ, not to mention that the jacked up judges rather see someone muscle there way out of bad positions instead of some one using technique and control the fight.
    You got a point. Many of the UFC judges have'nt seen a fighter of Hoyce's caliber and style. They will prob. only score for blood instead of technique.. Either way, I think it will be a def. test for Mr. Hughes..

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbean
    GO GRAYCIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES THE MAN....PLUS... hughes beat my friend joe...so im lookin to c him lose *ima hater...so what
    Joe Riggs?? Good fighter.. Yeah, the Gracie family def. has their name amongst the best fighters in the world. + they have like 1,000 brothers, cousins, uncles.. If I said I was a gracie ppl will prob. believe me

j3374 is offline Associate Member
    I'd love to see Royce win. BUT, I think that he's going to lose by Ref stoppage or judges decision. He's got the advantage on subs, but Matt is just good enough to defend them, I think. Matt's also got the advantage in strength, stand up, and takedowns and takedown defense.
    Royce did his best work before subissions were really a well known aspect of MMA.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    this is the most overhyped, unnecessary, POS fight i've ever heard of. royce "i haven't ever done jack shit against a great opponent ever except take sakuraba a long time to beat" gracie vs. matt "country breakfast" aka "no one gives a **** about me" hughes. seriously what a snoozefest. no one asked for this fight. besides, wrestler vs. BJJ practictioner (and a boring BJJ practitioner at that)? no thanks.

So, JSN, I'm guessing that you're not ordering the PPV?

kihop is offline Associate Member
    I'm gonna stand out on a limb and say Hughes by head drop.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    this is the most overhyped, unnecessary, POS fight i've ever heard of. royce "i haven't ever done jack shit against a great opponent ever except take sakuraba a long time to beat" gracie vs. matt "country breakfast" aka "no one gives a **** about me" hughes. seriously what a snoozefest. no one asked for this fight. besides, wrestler vs. BJJ practictioner (and a boring BJJ practitioner at that)? no thanks.

i'm taking it you have never trained with royce or anyone who has trained with him by that.

i'm taking it you have never trained with royce or anyone who has trained with him by that.
    well since this is the internet yes i do, and i regularily tap him. i also drive a 911 and bang adriana lima. since it's the internet.

i havn't trained with him... but my instructor trained with him while he was getting his black belt. He says the guy has some serious conditioning / skill. May not fight in pride and / or UFC anymore...but he trains with the best regularly.

themilkman_95901 is offline Junior Member
    Hughs will knock him out late in the fight if he can make it that long with out giving up his back. Rear naked choke will be his difficult. good luck Hughs

I think Chuck is gonna take this one...

i havn't trained with him... but my instructor trained with him while he was getting his black belt. He says the guy has some serious conditioning / skill. May not fight in pride and / or UFC anymore...but he trains with the best regularly.
    no doubt he's awesome at BJJ and he's in great shape, but if you look at his record he's only faced two really good fighters, sakuraba and yoshida, and sakuraba beat him, and the yoshida fight was the big fiasco. i've heard royce got the better of him in the mma rematch for what it's worth. royce's last fight though he could do jack shit against tokoro's tiny little ass.

I personally don't think he'll win but I dont' agree that he is not a good fighter... My instructor says there are 2 personalities he has... 1 is a very laid back bjj practioner...and the other is the more agressive type that we are used to seeing now a days. All depends who shows up.

oh he's a really good fighter. just i don't think true A class in terms of modern day MMA. just put him against a random dude or even a guy who's trained alot and he will own that person. i really hope he pulls something off against country breakfast. i effing can't stand that dude; that would be funny as shit if he got beat again. penn already embarassed "the most dominant welterweight of all time" and i hope it happens again.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Gracie.....submission

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    Gracie submission

Make up ur mind JSN.. First u bash Gracie, now ur Bashing Matt "country Breakfast" Hughes???

Bottom line, both fighters are respectable or no one would be talking about them.. Gracie revolutionized MMA, Matt continues to demonstrate superiority.. I dont know about yall, but I'm dishing out the PPV $$$.

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    i dont care who wins i just hope the both show up to fight and its not some quick tap out...i want to see blood...lol...but for real i really would like to see the fight go a few rounds....

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    The last few UFC Pay per views didn't seem worth the money to me. Now Pride is another story! The talent at Pride is head and shoulders above the UFC.

MJ

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    It will be a good fight. Both fighters are champions and its heads up.

Quil is offline Member
    First off, Hughes is the most dominant fighter the UFC has had. Period. He has beaten all comers, with the exception of BJ Penn of course. And I think he'd probably take him in a rematch. But this fight with Gracie is BS...St Pierre should be the one fighting Hughes, and I think that would be an even more popular fight than this one. "you can't andle mah riddum" how can you not like that shit. Not to mention St Pierre has been tearing it up against top level competition since his loss to Hughes. Give Shamrock to Gracie and have a "legends" fight or something like that, not this exhibition shit...

I agree Quil. St. Pierre should have the shot. People will pay to see Royce fight though.
    I also agree that BJ would probably lose a rematch against Hughes. BJ is awsome, but not at that size. He had a really tough time against Pierre and Pulver at 155 even. With Penn, it really does make a difference what kind of style he's matched up against.

Quil is offline Member
    Yeah, I think BJ's days at 155 are over. 170 or 185 suits him a little better.

I think Couture will take this one...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Juggernaut
    I think Couture will take this one...
    Wrong fight buddy..

I'm going to cheer for Couture also. And the Undertaker.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Quil
    Yeah, I think BJ's days at 155 are over. 170 or 185 suits him a little better.
    BJ needs to step up again like he did against matt hughes that win is fading fast and he has not lived up to the talent he showed since the outing. Hopefully he will. BJ cant clean out 170 whats the point of him moving up to 185?

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    question, is gracie going to be allowed to wear the gee? if so that is bs b/c it is not part of the new UFC's gear and it will give him an unfair advantage w/ his submissions

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    hughes, knock out or stoppage

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant stand Royce Gracie.......i think Hughes is gonna walk all over his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2
    question, is gracie going to be allowed to wear the gee? if so that is bs b/c it is not part of the new UFC's gear and it will give him an unfair advantage w/ his submissions
    no. none of the state athletic commissions will allow it.

Gracie Fighting w/o a gee will be interesting. Did anyone see the preview to the fight on Spike TV yesterday? Hughes was doing some serious training. Gracie doesn't seem intimidated though. None of the UFC fighters have Gracie as winning though. It will be a def. shock if he does.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i saw it. I dont think gracie is gonna pull it off.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    I wonder if the "Gracie train" is gonna make an appearance. They're gonna introduce this match like it's like friggin WWF. Debuting in the Staples Center too...

Quil is offline Member
    Yeah, maybe there will be a Rickson sighting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information