Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    carlo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    i've never like sylvia - and now I dislike him even more! he got caught taking steroids and he still looks like that??
    LOL, agree!

he must have gotten some bunk shit...lol.

his got horrible genetics...bad symetry, abdominal fat,no shoulders ..nothing!

C

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    ken juiced it like a bad monster when he was in wwf....go look at his wwf pics woow huugee

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    kevin randlemen did it too look at him

carlo is offline Associate Member
    so did Kerr...

C

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo
    LOL, agree!

he must have gotten some bunk shit...lol.

his got horrible genetics...bad symetry, abdominal fat,no shoulders ..nothing!

C

This is ridiculous...Do you want him to look like a bodybuilder or some shit?

tallyjuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC

Exactly. The ****en guy is a tower, which makes it hard enough to pack on muscle. Do you really want him to look like Ronnie Coleman walking into the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny_T
    Hi Has Any1 In The Ufc Ever Used Steroids ??? If Yes Ot Coz I Mean Those Guys Are Huge.. Ken Shamrocks Traps For Example,giv Me Ur Views Bros.
    When I see Shamrock the first thing I notice is how weak his traps and neck look.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    You are a big Sylvia fan.

He is a good fighter, but carlo is right, he looks like shit, espicially with all of his dumbass tattoos. I think he has a superman tattoo. correct? Oh yeah, I like his mohawk.

I wonder what cycle he was on, he wanted to get cut. Not so he could look like a bodybuilder, but so he did not look like shit.

Between the tattoos, mohawk and taking juice to get ripped, you can see that he is really concerned with "looking the part"...you do not see many champions concern themselves with that.

Sorry, just dont care for the comments he made about fedor...everyone knoes he does not stand a chance.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    You are a big Sylvia fan.

He is a good fighter, but carlo is right, he looks like shit, espicially with all of his dumbass tattoos. I think he has a superman tattoo. correct? Oh yeah, I like his mohawk.

I wonder what cycle he was on, he wanted to get cut. Not so he could look like a bodybuilder, but so he did not look like shit.
    that was the cover story, but only the chumps bought it. winstrol is actually pretty popular with many athletes because the disproportionate strength to weight ratio often results in increased speed and power in many sports. remember john mcenroe and other tennis players are some of the most successfull juicers you never would have suspected.

if sylvia took a real bulking cycle, he would never have made the 265lb limit.

Between the tattoos, mohawk and taking juice to get ripped, you can see that he is really concerned with "looking the part"...you do not see many champions concern themselves with that.
    true enough, he used to be "the fat kid" and regardless of his current accomplishments, the psychological scars were still pretty visibly raw when he did "blind date"

Sorry, just dont care for the comments he made about fedor...everyone knoes he does not stand a chance.

classless...or just good marketing strategy? PRIDE is falling apart with the Yakuza scandal, and UFC is picking up fighters like vanderlei. talking smack about fedor is probablyt about increasing his bargaining position.

Tim syvlia has been talking shit since he fought with ricco. This is nothing new. He has a fat mouth and that is something I do not like. MMA is right sylvia only ran winstrol because of the reasons he stated and ALSO becuase its out of your system very quickly. He's a cheater for doing it in my book. But regardless he has proven himself...i could give a shit about how he looks with the mohawk and tattoos...it is only the skill I want to see. If vanderlei wasnt ripped up and didnt have the tattoo on the back of his head I'd still think he was awesome because of how he performs in the ring.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    agreed USC fighter. fedor in your signature is another reminder that fighting is not bodybuilding. proper weight training will develop power, strength and explosiveness...hardcore cardio will allow you to grind your opponent into the ground, but it doesn't always result or require in a cosmetic "look".

people keep talking about this or that guy "looking" like he does steroids . this just displays their ignorance. more Offensive Linemen juice than bodybuilders, but they don't have that "look". skinny competitive bicyclists are juiced as hell. many people don't realize the massive amount of juicing that goes on in tennis. John Mcenroe was an admitted juicer. did he look like a bodybuilder? no, but the juice gave him a huge edge in a power sport like tennis. do you really think the Willaims sisters are natural? or just gifted enough to beat super talented, super dedicated people that are juicing?

tennis tests, but its a big money sport with access to the latest designer juice.

pedro martinez appeared to be a "shot" pitcher from his shoulder injuries. then, suddenly in his 30s, he gains 20 pounds, and gets an obvious moon face...and a Cy Young. he didn't look like a bodybuilder, but his throw came back - deca /dbol ?

the most obvious juicer on my team had amazing ripped abs and CARTOON arms. he definitely had the look. i later found out he was just an extremely gifted and dedicated athlete, one of the few naturals on my team.

you CAN'T go by the look.
    Last edited by MMA; 07-13-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Nevada tests all boxing/mma fighters, I think. So they're probably not as juiced up as the fighters in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77
    Nevada tests all boxing/mma fighters, I think. So they're probably not as juiced up as the fighters in Japan.

Not true...for the UFC at least....the UFC only tests for main events and championship fights.

yarite is offline Junior Member
    I thought UFC tested and PRIDE doesn't. I posted something along these lines about a month ago and thats what I understood

Snrf is offline Banned
    any sport involving huge guys involves steroids .

longtom74 is offline Junior Member
    more like any sport

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyjuice
    Exactly. The ****en guy is a tower, which makes it hard enough to pack on muscle. Do you really want him to look like Ronnie Coleman walking into the cage.

I think the fact that the UFC limits him to 265lbs, it prevents him from really putting on much muscle. If the UFC had a SHW dvision I think he could look alot better. Think Bob Sapp at 6'6 and 370lbs.

JJUnleased is offline New Member
    Im sure 95% of the top guys use steroids ...

I have been to a few local small amateur / pro events and it is clear that a few of the newbies use also

Acne on the back and the traps are a dead give away

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    PRIDE is falling apart with the Yakuza scandal, and UFC is picking up fighters like vanderlei. talking smack about fedor is probablyt about increasing his bargaining position.
    Pride will survive which is why they are putting on big us events, Pride is lending Silva to UFC for the one fight with Liddell... Everything else you are pretty much on the money!

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by yarite
    I thought UFC tested and PRIDE doesn't. I posted something along these lines about a month ago and thats what I understood
    UFC tests, and Pride doesn't. but UFC only tests title fights, main events and a few random. there are also a lot of ways to beat the tests. or juice while training, then "clean up" a week b4 and still come in 30 pounds than you could have without juice.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Steriods are in all proffesional sports. UFC fighters juice along with pride fighters, and like mma said its not to hard to beat testing. Wether they do it for strength, reduction in recovery time, etc its there. Steriods dont make good fighters they make good fighters healthier. I really dont care becouse I love mma and if they feel they need then so be it. Who are we to judge them or speculate who juices and who doesn't.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Steriods are in all proffesional sports. UFC fighters juice along with pride fighters, and like mma said its not to hard to beat testing. Wether they do it for strength, reduction in recovery time, etc its there. Steriods dont make good fighters they make good fighters healthier. I really dont care becouse I love mma and if they feel they need then so be it. Who are we to judge them or speculate who juices and who doesn't.
    You cannot argue with this answer...Well said..

longtom74 is offline Junior Member
    Do you really care who does or who dosn't. I believe we all can agree that the more impressive fights are with the most skilled fighters. With some blood here and there

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont understand why people hate these fighter because of the way the look. Tim Sylvia is a bad ass and definitely prooved himself. Yeah he's got a big mouth but he usually always backs it up.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    People hate sylvia becouse he has a big mouth,is gangly and all around pretty goofy looking. They dont want to take into account talent. He beat Andrei back to back andrie may not be top 5 but to beat a top 10 heavy back to back takes talent. HE KNOCKED OUT A PRIME RICCO we all know ricco now as a fatass but he was once of the most feared heavyweights. The same thing happened to lindland who I have gotten to work out with(at a greco camp) and he is one of the nicest guys out there. He to a point has a big mouth but he backs it up. He is ugly, not ripped and from what people say smelly. He wins fights he subbed arsedale very quickly and imo one the fight with rampage not to mention beat pat melitech, revenged his loss to vitale,subbed leopoldo a bjj black belt, the only man ever to stop schembri, beat deorkson, subbed lutter a bjj blackbelt, beat baroni twice. Yet he gets no respect, why becouse he is non super charasmatic, ripped, well spoken. More fans need to look at skill instead of how they look. Leave the looking good to the ring girls,

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    People hate sylvia becouse he has a big mouth,is gangly and all around pretty goofy looking. They dont want to take into account talent. He beat Andrei back to back andrie may not be top 5 but to beat a top 10 heavy back to back takes talent. HE KNOCKED OUT A PRIME RICCO we all know ricco now as a fatass but he was once of the most feared heavyweights. The same thing happened to lindland who I have gotten to work out with(at a greco camp) and he is one of the nicest guys out there. He to a point has a big mouth but he backs it up. He is ugly, not ripped and from what people say smelly. He wins fights he subbed arsedale very quickly and imo one the fight with rampage not to mention beat pat melitech, revenged his loss to vitale,subbed leopoldo a bjj black belt, the only man ever to stop schembri, beat deorkson, subbed lutter a bjj blackbelt, beat baroni twice. Yet he gets no respect, why becouse he is non super charasmatic, ripped, well spoken. More fans need to look at skill instead of how they look. Leave the looking good to the ring girls,
    Very well said!! Thanks.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Someone needs to give tank abbot somthing to make that gut dissapear.

Ha Ha !!!

Nah no disrespect tank is an awsome competitor .....Gooooooo TANK

The Oracle is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Yes, Sylvia got caughty using Winstrol. Who the hell told him to use that? He said that he wanted to get a physique like many of the other fighters have, can't blame him there. But Winstrol? In a sport with joint locks and submissions, that is the last compound I would want to take.
    absoletly agree.

Dr. Musclehead is offline New Member
    Josh Barnett

Dr. Musclehead is offline New Member
    The state of Nevada Athletic Commission tests most championship bouts, whether its MMA or Boxing. UFC really does not have anything to do with the testing. Japan's Pride lacks a boxing commission and if there is one...they dont give a rats ass about steroid use . Japanese fans love to see huge ripped forigners--its their real like comic book figure.

smartwater is offline Associate Member
    yea randleman at 240lbs in the early vale tudo he did

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Flex Wheeler said it best: "When you get to the highest level of any competitive sport you can bet almost ALL of the athletes have atleast used something."

I think its true as well. Of course not 100% of people, but I mean take Raphael Palmerro for example, you would never think he juiced by looking at his physique but he did. Some do it just purely for the mentality and/or agression. They all dont wanna be bodybuilders though.
    I totally agree with what you said.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Musclehead
    The state of Nevada Athletic Commission tests most championship bouts, whether its MMA or Boxing. UFC really does not have anything to do with the testing. Japan's Pride lacks a boxing commission and if there is one...they dont give a rats ass about steroid use. Japanese fans love to see huge ripped forigners--its their real like comic book figure.
    to clarify, NSAC policy is to test ALL title fights/main events. and the UFC tends to follow their gudelines even when not in vegas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information