nyckid is offline Junior Member

MMA IS UPON US (written by a boxing fan)

2006 will be remembered as the year Mixed Martial Arts arrived—like a tsunami. Citing the gaudy Pay-Per-View numbers, the success of the reality show The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), or that enormous billboard of Chuck and Tito near Time Square, doesn’t do the phenomena justice. It’s here, it’s the zeitgeist.

http://www.fightbeat.com/article_detail.php?AT=254

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Good article, but lindland took silver in the olympics not gold.

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Boxing is world wide and did much more in PPV, MMA is fun but it is stilll new.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Most people dont understand the ground game, this is why MMA is having a hard time getting over like boxing.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    nice article .... MMA is taking over

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    The "sweet science" of boxing is going by the way side. This coming from someone who used to box and is mainly a submission style fighter in all of my training now. I just cannot allow myself to be entertained by 12 3 minute rounds of boxing. The people who should be fighting never do like in the old days because the promoters don't want to see their proteges get beat. If Foreman vs Ali, Hearns vs Haggler, would never happen today in boxing simply becuase these people represented the best at their time. And promoters are scared to have their fighter lose. So naturally boxing has lost all its fans and I feel will continue to wane out of the culture. This is for the simple reason that any ultra talented future fighter will train MMA because that is where the money and glory will be in the near future.

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    something is going on because the number of people entering mma is increasing exponentially. i seams like a couple of years ago people did kickboxing and bjj, but now everyone wants to train "mma" and knows what ufc is. its not a bad thing, but it seams like everyone does it now.

CJC1981 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason865
    Boxing is world wide and did much more in PPV, MMA is fun but it is stilll new.
    I was under the impression that ufc ppv sales were doing better than any boxing ppv sales in america, but i haven't seen any stats on that.

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    can anyone even name the current boxing heavyweight champ(s) off the top of their head? i know they're russian but thats it... i wonder if there will ever be an undisputed heavyweight champ again. maybe mayweather will bring boxing back?? hes the best pound for pound i think, and fun to watch...

Thread Information