Thread: Gsp

mullcap is offline Junior Member

Gsp

Is there anyone in the world at 170 that could give st pierre any problems? Personally I think he is going to ruin everyone in ufc that he comes across. He made short work of hughes and he's prolly still 3 years from his prime (meaning GSP is) Sanchez although he does have an impressive streak Rush has a lot better standup and don't sleep on him on the ground remember hes Bjj first and a striker 2nd actually even though it may not look like it because he exposes many opponents w/ his stand up. Japan possibly Gomi and Aoki i think could do ok but even they are about 8-10 lbs undersized. Gomi does have insane striking ablity for a guy his size and no one in the world besides the nog's in mma might have as good as a submission game as aoki if you dont think so go look at his gogoplata submission he pulled off at the last ppv against joechem hansen

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Penn, If penn comes in shape he would beat St.pierre. A inshape penn is damn near unstopable. A inshape penn would stop Tko St.pierre in the 4th imo.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    penn, in shape and smart enough to go to the ground :P GSP is damned impressive to me

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm willing to bet that if Hughes get a rematch (which he most likely will) he will give GSP a run for his money!!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol yah and joyce gracie would give hughes a run too (sarcasm)

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Penn gave such a beating to GSP when they fought, GSP was bloodied and in really bad shape after the fight.

BJ did good in stand up too. He should get in shape and come back for the belt.

mullcap is offline Junior Member
    Penn gases out too fast it most likely has to do w/ his weight fluxing all the time. Hopefully he can settle down at 170 and become a contender again but i really dont see him taking the title from gsp

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by mullcap
    Penn gases out too fast it most likely has to do w/ his weight fluxing all the time. Hopefully he can settle down at 170 and become a contender again but i really dont see him taking the title from gsp
    He almost beat st.peirre last time they met. In shape, Peirre would not make it out of the 4th. Penn will hold the 170 pound title by the end of this year.

TR'05 is offline Member
    GSP vs. PENN I was a great tilt. GSP was messed up after the fight, but if you watch the fight again all the damage was done in the first round.

The fight, IMO, rests on whether GSP can take PENN down as he did in their first match. I'd say, and I'm guessing most real mma fans wouldn't argue with me here, that GSP only won the first fight due to the UFC's scoring system where takedowns can win or lose a fight.

An in-shape Penn would make more a very very good fight. That being said, Penn's shape in the first match was nowhere close to his fight vs. Hughes. Penn appeared to get tired by Rnd 3 but I wouldn't say he "gassed."

In a five round fight, it would be interestign to see. GSP will not gas if a rematch goes all 5. Also, I believe GSP can take down PEnn again...depending on who wins the striking game it would be very close (GSP has been working on this aspect). Anyways, I'm rambling. This is a fight I would love to see and it does hinge upon an inshape Penn. Pending what GSP does against Matt Hughes in a rematch (i.e. if he dismantles him again) I believe Rush would beat PEnn again.

And I didn't want to get into the "eye poke" from GSP vs. PEnn I.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Penn, If penn comes in shape he would beat St.pierre. A inshape penn is damn near unstopable. A inshape penn would stop Tko St.pierre in the 4th imo.
    Agreed. I ran into Penn's workout partner in Las Vegas this past week. Penn is still not fully committing to cardio, he said that BJ spends everyday at the beach drinking beer and grilling out. He is his own worst enemy. BTW, I also ran into Chuck Liddell's brother at a strip club in LV. He bounces there, looks very much like Chuck but larger.

Thread Information