$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Liddell vs Rampage at UFC 71?????

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3400&zoneid=14

I know its just the rumour page but its usually pretty correct. Im surprised Rampage isnt gettin one more warm up match, O well im sure hell be ready once hes in the octagon.

Chuck tko 3rd round!!!!!!

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    well it will happen at some time or another, Chuck tko second round.

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member
    Rampage by TKO 1st round

thekaydense is offline Associate Member
    rampage by decision.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Rampage 2nd round KO!!!!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    They will give page another warm up match. They wont rush this fighting in the cage and ring are different. Mirko had a harder time cutting the cage off then he did the ring cause he was not used to it. They will give page 1-2 more before he fight liddell

Mark Yager is offline Junior Member
    I'm taking Chuck with a KO at 2:50 in the 2nd.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaydense
    rampage by decision.
    This one will not be determined by a decision.

mullcap is offline Junior Member
    I want rampage to win but id say chuck by early stoppage esp if that pussy herb dean is reffing. the 2nd chuck lands a good shot ufc will do their job and call it early as always

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Yes thats great match making finally. Rampage all the way

BigSwol is offline Associate Member
    That'll be a good match up when rampage is ready, I think another match or two, against some good ops, and he'd be ready to go. The one thing I've noticed about rampage is he does seem to have a decent chin...I mean Silva had to beat the holy piss out of em, and shogun just went banannas on em and he was still awake, he just counldn't break the clinch. Knees to the body kill em. Chuck on the other hand is a puncher/counter puncher....not a clincher. I like his chances (page) in this match up.

BigSwol

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullcap
    I want rampage to win but id say chuck by early stoppage esp if that pussy herb dean is reffing. the 2nd chuck lands a good shot ufc will do their job and call it early as always

Herb Dean is a pussy, the UFC sucks, and you're an internet tough guy.

Enough with the bullshit ... if it wasn't for the UFC, mma wouldn't be around today.

oh yeah ... and Chuck by KO.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    if it wasn't for the UFC, mma wouldn't be around today.

Now I would'nt go that far, better off saying "If it were not for the Gracie's, the UFC would not be around".

You have to remember that Vale Tudo was going on in Brazil for close to 50years before Rorion Gracie created the UFC in 1993. Renzo Gracie fought his first vale tudo fight in 1988.

I hear what you are saying but I had to get technical on you.
    ***No source checks!!!***

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    If the fight goes to a decision Rampage better have put on one hell of a show, because they will NEVER give the title to the challenger on a decision unless it is sooooo obvious that he won.

Herb dean is a good ref, just becouse he refused to be witness to a manslaughter when tito faught ken the 2nd time doesn't mean he is a pussy. Its called fighters safety.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Herb dean is a good ref, just becouse he refused to be witness to a manslaughter when tito faught ken the 2nd time doesn't mean he is a pussy. Its called fighters safety.

I agree, Herb Dean is one of the best refs in the business guy's..chill out. He is a cool guy when i met him in person. He will be out there next week and i will snap a pic.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Herb Dean is a pussy, the UFC sucks, and you're an internet tough guy.

Enough with the bullshit ... if it wasn't for the UFC, mma wouldn't be around today.

I'm just saying if its the refs, ufc, but most likely the gaming commission and pressure on mma in america look at pride and look at ufc. ufc fights are stopped early every fight in comparision. if nog fought in ufc the refs woulda called half his matches early and we wouldnt be able to see how great a fighter he is because he fights from behind half the time because of his chin. if you think ufc is so big go look at the crowds in japan they pack 60thousand its the countries sport as well as brazil. just because we live in the usa doesnt mean the world revolves around what we think and the mma world doesnt revolve around ufc thats for sure. o yea and remember when the pride of ufc chuck liddell tried entering the Pride GP. he got clowned by rampage before chuteboxe gave him permanent brain damage.

and im not a tough guy or internet tough guy im actually a fat outta shape college grad trying to lose my spare tire from 4 years fraternity binge drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mullcap
    I'm just saying if its the refs, ufc, but most likely the gaming commission and pressure on mma in america look at pride and look at ufc. ufc fights are stopped early every fight in comparision. if nog fought in ufc the refs woulda called half his matches early and we wouldnt be able to see how great a fighter he is because he fights from behind half the time because of his chin. if you think ufc is so big go look at the crowds in japan they pack 60thousand its the countries sport as well as brazil. just because we live in the usa doesnt mean the world revolves around what we think and the mma world doesnt revolve around ufc thats for sure. o yea and remember when the pride of ufc chuck liddell tried entering the Pride GP. he got clowned by rampage before chuteboxe gave him permanent brain damage.
    Fighters safety come first. Arona and Sak should have been stopped long before it was. What about Yoshida and james thompson? By the way Chuck is 2-1 in pride well Silva is 1-2 in the ufc. By the way way styles makes match up Chuck lost to rampage and Silva lost to Arona. I doubt chuck would have lost to Arona but probably will lose to Page. Learn to appreciate MMA instead of organizations.

*The comparison between silva and chuck does not mean I think chuck is a better fighter it just proof both organizations have quality fighters*

*yes overall Pride does have better fighters*

I'm not biased towards the fighters I just think in comparison the action in pride is much better. I will say that the UFC 170lb class dominates the pride lighter guys by far. I just don't like how ufc allows the lay and pray guys to stay on the ground for so long as pride stands them up and penalizes them for lack of action. Tito/silva was the most boring match ever no real damage was done to either tito just kept taking down silva at will and holding him down not really inflicting any damage. It was funny watching tito turn his back and sprint away though. Silva did avenge his loss to arona not in great fashion though. Rampage's powerbomb on arona however was one of the best ko's ever.

I misread sorry
    Last edited by Hunter; 02-14-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: misread it

ALPHAMALE77 is offline Junior Member
    Ok Ok Ok ....jon Mccarthy Ref.....liddel And Rampage.....rampage By Tko In The 2nd.....and Herb Dean Does Suck....imo

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Now I would'nt go that far, better off saying "If it were not for the Gracie's, the UFC would not be around".

You have to remember that Vale Tudo was going on in Brazil for close to 50years before Rorion Gracie created the UFC in 1993. Renzo Gracie fought his first vale tudo fight in 1988.

I hear what you are saying but I had to get technical on you.

we're not friends anymore !

*proceeds to kick Muriloninja in the junk, followed by a "danga da danga da dang" a la El Guapo*

saturn08 is offline Associate Member
    I dont think this fight will end by decision

oc pitbull is offline Member
    you guys dont forget chuck got knoecked the **** out and owned all around the ring already once by rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by oc pitbull
    you guys dont forget chuck got knoecked the **** out and owned all around the ring already once by rampage.
    Was he beaten handily? Yes. Was he owned? No. Getting Owned is crocop vs don caras jr. He was not knocked out either, his corner through the towel in. With all that said will chuck beat rampage? In my opinion no styles make matches and this is a horrible style match up for chuck.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    Iceman of courseee....tko 1st round....buttt beware of Cro-cop ...

saturn08 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    Iceman of courseee....tko 1st round....buttt beware of Cro-cop ...
    yes.. everyone should beware of Cro Cop

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    This one will not be determined by a decision.
    I agree totally. I have no clue who will win but it will not go the distance I will guarantee that. Too much dynamite in both sets of hands and feet. I say the first person to make a real mistake loses... There is just no room for error fighting someone with Chuck's punching power or Rampage's strength. If you leave yourself open either one of them is going to hurt you.. Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by uponone23
    I agree totally. I have no clue who will win but it will not go the distance I will guarantee that. Too much dynamite in both sets of hands and feet. I say the first person to make a real mistake loses... There is just no room for error fighting someone with Chuck's punching power or Rampage's strength. If you leave yourself open either one of them is going to hurt you.. Badly.
    Thats pretty much the best way to say it. Chucks a better fighter since the last time he fought Rampage IMO. Someone will get knocked out in this one.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Liddell all the way. Rampage looked a little sloppy during his first UFC fight. Chuck will train super hard because Rampage beat him last.

And in the BIG fights, they don't call the fights too early. That's just for the up and coming fighters. Forresst Griffen got rocked by about 9-10 shots to the dome before they call that fight. His head bounced off the canvas!

Tedbear981 is offline Member
    Rampage by Brutal GnP Round 3 or Chuck by flying ArmBar

uponone23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedbear981
    Rampage by Brutal GnP Round 3 or Chuck by flying ArmBar
    That's a hell of a prediction lol... anything is possible though.. You are going for the "it's about time bet" Chuck hasn't won by submission but once and that was in like 1998 or 1999 as i recall..

Yeah i cant see that happening but ya never know!

Thread Information