westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member

my pankration fights

hey just wanted some advice from the Senior guys here on what they think i should work on. My boxing stance, clinch or whatever they think i should. I have a coach but i thought id get some advice from other people, so please can i get some comments from people who know a lot about MMA, thanks.

here are my two fights, i won both:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d2AiFkkAHM

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    you look fine man, the other guys looked pretty bad tho...like first day guys...

maybe work on your gaurd passes some...

stand up looks fine except youd charge in with a 1-2 or 1-1-2 everytime straight in instead of at angles. the guys were pretty worthless and kept moving straight back and out of bounds. that was really the only thing i noticed, work more angles and circle.

nice base, kept your hands up, and were much more aggressive than the other guys...

congrats man,

arm

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    good stuff man. my only question is who is in your avatar? just cause the pic looks so much different than the guy fighting.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    you looked pretty good... good aggression... i noticed a few things

1) you keep your chin out alot-tuck it or loose it
    2) your hands are kind of low... which may work for you with slower punchers...but if you get some one with some decent speed you're gonna pay
    3) your leg kicks are sloppy and you are off balance half the time probably because you are kickin on your heals (can't see that well in the film)
    4) when you kick you let your hands go ALL the way down...you even ate ac ouple of counters because of it. Keep em up
    5) your take downs in it were like 90% strength / 10% technique. If you work on the technique of it more you won't use so much energy.
    6) ground... you HAVE to learn how to control the ground. You have to be able to keep control of side mount. Can't let sneak there legs under and get you back in guard... and you need to learn how to pass the guard unless you are just waiting for them to stand you back up ...which considering the dominant position you are in , i wouldnt' recommend giving it up.

thanks arm, zimmy thanks for the info ill be sure to start workin on it first thing monday, thanks bro really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperoni
    good stuff man. my only question is who is in your avatar? just cause the pic looks so much different than the guy fighting.

this is probably gonna be the stupidest question ever, but i still dont know what avatar mean.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    the picture on your profile that shows on every post.. called avatar

ohhh its my brother, this was his account so instead of creating a new one i just took it over like a year ago.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    guard passes and ground control stuck out to me. However your looking good.

Thread Information