$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Tim Sylvia Interview (Hes a Joke)

Vader79 is offline Junior Member
    Man, that is one giant tool right there.

"I'm not making excuses... I was injured... Randy was my friend...I didn't want to hurt him..."

scottish is offline Associate Member
    I agree. Never did like him.. Dont have to much respect for Hughes anymore either.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    I have defended him numerous times but he makes it so hard to like him.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not even going to waste my time watching the video of that teard.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    A complete waste of time!! The guy is an idiot who contradicts himself at every turn.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I will agree with him about Hughes V. Serra.

jbarkley is offline Member
    He got one thing right in that interview....Serra is a Puke!

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I never was a fun of this guy.

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    Although Tim Sylvia isnt the smartest man out there he is one tough dude. This man has beaten some of the toughest men around.Cabbage Correia.....hands down the hardest head on earth and Tim beat the shit out of him.Not to mention he destroyed Arlovski and that dude never got his groove back.Tim is an idiot but he has won the title more than once and defended it numerous times.A true warrior. Not the most likeable guy but a warrior none the less.He does walk funny.. knees go in instead of back???

Quote Originally Posted by jbarkley
    He got one thing right in that interview....Serra is a Puke!

And Serra was right, Hughes is a dick!!

jbarkley is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Well....yeah

Its true hughes is a dick. GSP knows he was/is a dick but was very classy and did not talk alot or say it over and over. So its not like Matt S is a classy guy when that is all he ever says. Serra will not beat Hughes nor will he win a rematch with Pierre. Anyone can get knocked out and I mean anyone. He is getting his 15 minutes of fame and soon he will be eating hughes elbows for 25 min.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Its true hughes is a dick. GSP knows he was/is a dick but was very classy and did not talk alot or say it over and over. So its not like Matt S is a classy guy when that is all he ever says. Serra will not beat Hughes nor will he win a rematch with Pierre. Anyone can get knocked out and I mean anyone. He is getting his 15 minutes of fame and soon he will be eating hughes elbows for 25 min.

That may be true... or not. But what he said about Hughes was true. If I were Serra than I would take my 15minutes and run with it too!!! Obviously if GSP was beat in his first defense then Serra knows it can happen to him too. FUK CLASS!!! Do what you can to make money and that means selling tickets. GSP idolized Hughes so he wouldn't say anything negative about him. Serra doesn't idolize Hughes and there is bad blood between them as evidence in TUF. Hughes didn't show much class either. Either way I'm sure if Serra was fighting his idol Royce Gracie, he wouldn't be talking shit. He calls it like he sees it. Hughes is a dick and Serra was stating the obvious! Plain and simple. Look these guys are fighters and the days of honor and respect have gone away years ago in return for bigger money.

Look MNfighter. I realize you are a fighter and believe the fighting sports should be about honor and respect. But it just doesn't happen anymore. The fighting sports are about entertainment unfortunately honor and respect doesn't sell tickets anymore. I know where you are coming from because I used to think that everyone should be happy with the chance to play professional football, but when I got to that level I realize that it was no longer about the game but about politics and money. And that caused me to lose the love of the game, but I still watch it for the entertainment factor. But I realize that it is what it is. I respect the fact that you are a purist, but you also have to be a realist at the same time and unfortunately the two don't go hand in hand.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 05-11-2007 at 06:25 PM.

That may be true... or not. But what he said about Hughes was true. If I were Serra than I would take my 15minutes and run with it too!!! Obviously if GSP was beat in his first defense then Serra knows it can happen to him too. FUK CLASS!!! Do what you can to make money and that means selling tickets. GSP idolized Hughes so he wouldn't say anything negative about him. Serra doesn't idolize Hughes and there is bad blood between them as evidence in TUF. Hughes didn't show much class either. Either way I'm sure if Serra was fighting his idol Royce Gracie, he wouldn't be talking shit. He calls it like he sees it. Hughes is a dick and Serra was stating the obvious! Plain and simple. Look these guys are fighters and the days of honor and respect have gone away years ago in return for bigger money.

Look MNfighter. I realize you are a fighter and believe the fighting sports should be about honor and respect. But it just doesn't happen anymore. The fighting sports are about entertainment unfortunately honor and respect doesn't sell tickets anymore. I know where you are coming from because I used to think that everyone should be happy with the chance to play professional football, but when I got to that level I realize that it was no longer about the game but about politics and money. And that caused me to lose the love of the game, but I still watch it for the entertainment factor. But I realize that it is what it is. I respect the fact that you are a purist, but you also have to be a realist at the same time and unfortunately the
    two don't go hand in hand.
    very well put together arguement. I like class in people, in general. I surround myself with class becouse its what I like. I think its just the kettle calling the pot black thats all. I like personality and I can get into a good grudge match. I just think its funny that serra is trying to take the high road but he is coming off as a big dick also.

gigem is offline Banned
    go chuck

Quote Originally Posted by gigem
    go chuck

go page!!!

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    Go Serra. That kid beat GSP fair and square.Ive meet Hughs and he is a dick.I hope Serra takes it to him.I think that although he is loud, he exhibits a lot of heart and is a great role model with a positive attitude.

Thread Information