gottibme is offline Associate Member

jermain TaylorVsCory spinks

I think the fight is a week away but anyway who do you think will come up on this one,cory has the speed and style,but jermain has crazy power with good ring skills,you are you taking on this one?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a tough one to call. I'm going to have to go with Jermaine Taylor. IMO, he just too big for Spinks. I think in the next year or two, Taylor will outgrow the his current weight class and end up a great (if not one of the greatest) lightheavyweights of all time.

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    This is a tough one to call. I'm going to have to go with Jermaine Taylor. IMO, he just too big for Spinks. I think in the next year or two, Taylor will outgrow the his current weight class and end up a great (if not one of the greatest) lightheavyweights of all time.
    Agreed.
    I think Taylor will win but I do think it will be a fairly close decision.

BgMc31 what do you think about the Miranda/Pavlik fight. I think it could potentially be a Fight of the Year candidate. However, I think Miranda will defeat Pavlik in an unanimous decision. Both fighters arent very strong defensively and Pavlik is a fairly aggressive fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph28
    Agreed.
    I think Taylor will win but I do think it will be a fairly close decision.

BgMc31 what do you think about the Miranda/Pavlik fight. I think it could potentially be a Fight of the Year candidate. However, I think Miranda will defeat Pavlik in an unanimous decision. Both fighters arent very strong defensively and Pavlik is a fairly aggressive fighter.
    I think Miranda's punching power will be too much for Pavlik. I do think Pavlik is technically a better fighter than Miranda, but Miranda is so agressive and his punching power is ridiculous. I'm going with Miranda in 8. But if Pavlik can keep the head movement going throughout the fight, I think he can outpoint Miranda and steal the fight. But you are right, this could be a fight of the year candidate.

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    So the Taylor fight went just as i imagined. Actually i would have thought Taylor would have been more agressive towards a smaller guy.

Miranda i'm a big fan so i was a little dissapointed. I believe it was a good fight and great show btw the two of them. Miranda just didn't look the same, do you think making weight had an issue? Or was Pavlik aggresive style just threw him off?

Man, I don't know what happened to Miranda. Pavlik really exploited his lack of real skill. I don't think the weight was much of an issue. I just think the Pavlik proved to be the much better fighter.

The Taylor fight was actually disappointing. I fault Spinks for most of it, but I think that Taylor should have cut the ring off, and bullied Spinks more, earlier in the fight. He got off too late and by then, Spinks was more interested in running than fighting. I thin the fight was an embarrasment for Taylor considering Zab Judah knocked Spinks out. Taylor is really going to have to be impressive in his next fight no matter who he fights.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Man, I don't know what happened to Miranda. Pavlik really exploited his lack of real skill. I don't think the weight was much of an issue. I just think the Pavlik proved to be the much better fighter.

The Taylor fight was actually disappointing. I fault Spinks for most of it, but I think that Taylor should have cut the ring off, and bullied Spinks more, earlier in the fight. He got off too late and by then, Spinks was more interested in running than fighting. I thin the fight was an embarrasment for Taylor considering Zab Judah knocked Spinks out. Taylor is really going to have to be impressive in his next fight no matter who he fights.
    Dont worry, Miranda will be back! This fight was simply a great learning experience for him. He has to learn that defense in a fight is just as, if not more important than offense. If Miranda's training camp does the right thing they will work on all the flaws that were exploited in last nights fight..

Props to Pavlik though.. def. has a chin and power to match

musclemd is offline New Member
    Taylor needs more schooling

Thread Information